TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^Makes sense.

However, RMCing it doesn't mean it's "going anywhere"... It's just being renovated/improved.

Knowing RMC, They can do anything, I see them making a new layout where the land is being cleared behind but use Minebusters"s old lift hill, Maybe make it a steeper incline and a steep 85 degree drop.

Hi, I'm going to visit Canada's Wonderland for my first time on Sunday May 8th. My mission is to ride each of the 16 roller coasters (according to rcdb) once in as little time as possible. I'll be there at park opening and I'm prepared to stay until closing, if necessary.

I will have Fast Lane Plus, so that should help.

Any tips?

My plan is to quickly go to Wonder Mountain's Guardian right at park opening since it's not on the Fast Lane Plus. Would that be smart? Where should I go from there? Maybe it's smart to do a few other non-fast lane coasters after that before the park gets too crowded? Which ones would typically have the longest waits?

Thanks in advance for your help .

Felix

Hi, I'm going to visit Canada's Wonderland for my first time on Sunday May 8th. My mission is to ride each of the 16 roller coasters (according to rcdb) once in as little time as possible. I'll be there at park opening and I'm prepared to stay until closing, if necessary.

Any tips?

My plan is to quickly go to Wonder Mountain's Guardian right at park opening since it's not on the Fast Lane Plus. Would that be smart? Where should I go from there? Maybe it's smart to do a few other non-fast lane coasters after that before the park gets too crowded? Which ones would typically have the longest waits?

Felix

After riding Wonder Mountain's Guardian, I would suggest that you make your way to Thunder Run and Vortex as their lines get very long quite fast, especially later in the day. After hitting Thunder Run and Vortex, I would suggest that you head over to The Fly as it has a very low capacity and is quite popular. Then you should head over to The Bat as it's line gets quite long as well, especially after 11:00am. After riding The Bat, I would suggest skipping the Medieval Faire section of the park until later in the day as it can get quite empty later in the day. So, after riding The Bat, I would suggest that you make your way over to Action Zone so that way you can get your rides on Behemoth, Mighty Canadian Minebuster, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Time Warp, and Flight Deck. Then, I would suggest that you venture on over to Planet Snoopy and Kidzville to ride Ghoster Coaster and Silver Streak. Even though there is a second coaster in Kidzville known as Taxi Jam, you will only be permitted to ride it if you have a child accompanying you as it is a coaster intended for small children. But, you can ride Silver Streak and Ghoster Coaster without any children as they have a higher height requirement and can easily accommodate adults. After riding Ghoster Coaster and Silver Streak, you then should go on over to Medieval Fair and get your rides on Leviathan, Dragon Fire, and Wild Beast.

Keep in mind that the crowd levels may vary depending on the weather. Also, I would like to mention that the park only stays open until 8pm as Planet Snoopy and Kidzville close an hour earlier. I hope my suggestions help as I wish you a great time!

Agree with John Lloyd..and I think you are doing the right thing starting off with Guardian. Never understood why they didn't Fastpass that one..but hey ho.

The Bat is another coaster that does not have fastlane...so you might want to do that after Thunder run (which is also non fast lane).

Vortex is a good ride...but has the quicker line...so there is some flexibility in when you decide to do it.

With your Fast lane plus you can also go on the new Flat ride "Skyhawk". I think this ride will be quite popular as it is new, and different from what the GP is used to, so find time in your day to give it a shot (if you don't mind that type of motion).

Apart from that....you are on the right track...and John's advice is as good as any.

Have a great day..and enjoy Leviathan. Personal preference is front row.....there are just as many good arguments out there for other places on the ride....hope you find a good spot for yourself.

Start out with Guardian, then any combination of Thunder Run, the Bat and Fly. Then go to the kids woodie and kids hang and bang, then the Arrow looper. Then everything else is on Fastlane so grab the Fastlane and enjoy the rest of your day!

Agree with John Lloyd..and I think you are doing the right thing starting off with Guardian. Never understood why they didn't Fastpass that one..but hey ho.

Well, when Wonder Mountain's Guardian originally opened in 2014, there was Fastlane for a while but it was quickly phased out most due to many seats being closed off. Also, the physical queue line isn't all that long, as it's relatively short. Those are the reasons I see as to why Wonder Mountain's Guardian doesn't have Fastlane anymore.

I was able to do CP in July with a fast pass in one day with all coasters ridden before the day was halfway through. As long as you have a quick and efficient strategy you will be fine with time to spare. Try to get some re rides on your favorites.

That's good to know, because I am spending two nights at CP. So 2 and a half days to get everything done (I plan on arriving sometime 9AM), but this is next summer for a Grad trip with a few friends

Thank you so much for your advice, Johnlloyd, Married a Canadian, coasterbill. You're great . Now I have a good plan for which rides to do first in the morning.

We managed to get all 15 then operational coasters at Six Flags Magic Mountain done within 6 hours on a Saturday last year in March. At Cedar Point it took us about 8 hours for 15 coasters two years ago but that was on July 4th. My personal record is 14 coasters at Carowinds in under 3 hours on a weekday last July.

With it being a Sunday, I doubt I will be that fast in Canada's Wonderland but with a good plan for the morning and the fast lane for later during the day I am now more confident that it can be done in a day or less than a full day.

I will have to look at Skyhawk but from the pictures I must say it doesn't look too appealing for me. I don't usually do flatrides but the only exception at Canada's Wonderland will be Sledge Hammer that I would love to ride, after I get done with the coasters. The Huss Jump was my favorite funfair attraction back in the day and I've never ridden a Huss Jump 2 before. I believe Sledge Hammer might even be the only one out there.

If there's time I might do some re-rides of my favorites with fast lane. From the pictures I think Behemoth might be my favorite, followed by Leviathan. But we'll see. I'll report back here in two weeks to let you know how it went .

Thank you so much for your advice, Johnlloyd, Married a Canadian, coasterbill. You're great . Now I have a good plan for which rides to do first in the morning.

We managed to get all 15 then operational coasters at Six Flags Magic Mountain done within 6 hours on a Saturday last year in March. At Cedar Point it took us about 8 hours for 15 coasters two years ago but that was on July 4th. My personal record is 14 coasters at Carowinds in under 3 hours on a weekday last July.

With it being a Sunday, I doubt I will be that fast in Canada's Wonderland but with a good plan for the morning and the fast lane for later during the day I am now more confident that it can be done in a day or less than a full day.

I will have to look at Skyhawk but from the pictures I must say it doesn't look too appealing for me. I don't usually do flatrides but the only exception at Canada's Wonderland will be Sledge Hammer that I would love to ride, after I get done with the coasters. The Huss Jump was my favorite funfair attraction back in the day and I've never ridden a Huss Jump 2 before. I believe Sledge Hammer might even be the only one out there.

If there's time I might do some re-rides of my favorites with fast lane. From the pictures I think Behemoth might be my favorite, followed by Leviathan. But we'll see. I'll report back here in two weeks to let you know how it went .

I'm glad I was able to help! As for Sledgehammer being the only Huss Jump 2, that is correct. It opened in 2003 and there hasn't been one built ever since. It's kind of a shame as it's a great ride. Luckily the park has taken good care of Sledgehammer over the past few years in order to get the downtime greatly reduced. Canada's Wonderland is also home to some rides that are the last of their kind in North America such as Nightmares, which is a Huss UFO and Orbiter, which is a Huss Giant Enterprise. But, it's no surprise that Canada's Wonderland has all these amazing flat rides as they've got the largest collection of them in North America. Back in 2014, Canada's Wonderland also had the second largest collection of coasters with 17, until SkyRider (TOGO Stand-Up coaster) was removed at the end of the season that year. But, luckily it is doing great at Cavallino Matto in Italy as Freestyle! Now, as for which coaster is better when it comes to Behemoth and Leviathan, if you're into airtime, then you're going to love Behemoth. But, if you love speed, then you'll enjoy Leviathan. I greatly enjoy both coasters but, I personally prefer Behemoth more due to the abundance of airtime!

If you have any more questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask!

I bought that platinum food pass, from the site it says that the pass only works for really the meal combos, with a main and a fries. But lets say its 4 and I want to leave the park, but I have 1 of the meals left, and I feel like a corn dog on the way out. Can I do this? I would be using that meal credit on a 7$ item rather than a 14$ combo, would CW let me do that? It seems like it would be in their interest to allow to buy cheaper things.

I bought that platinum food pass, from the site it says that the pass only works for really the meal combos, with a main and a fries. But lets say its 4 and I want to leave the park, but I have 1 of the meals left, and I feel like a corn dog on the way out. Can I do this? I would be using that meal credit on a 7$ item rather than a 14$ combo, would CW let me do that? It seems like it would be in their interest to allow to buy cheaper things.

I am not too familiar with the food plans that the park offers so, I would suggest that you contact the park for further details. But, if it's only for meal combos, than maybe you cannot purchase other food items with the meal plan.

Any tips?

Felix

Do Wonder Mountain Guardian first, then do The Bat, then do The Fly, then Thunder Run. Neither of those rides have fast lane access, and Guardian and Fly have particularly low ridership numbers.

Did anyone else go last night for the seasons pass preview night?

Got to try out the skyhawk ride, we waited 45 minute then right when we were loading, the ride broke down. We waited total of 1 hour for this ride.

The duration at max height is only 30 seconds, max I would wait for this ride is 15 minutes but really the only time I would be riding this ride is on an empty day where I can get a couple rides in a row to try and beat my record.

Onto the ride, I think it was pretty fun but I could not get it to flip. I could get inverted, but a couple degrees from flipping. My friend had the same problem. I guess I gotta practice a strategy.

Did anyone else go last night for the seasons pass preview night?

Got to try out the skyhawk ride, we waited 45 minute then right when we were loading, the ride broke down. We waited total of 1 hour for this ride.

The duration at max height is only 30 seconds, max I would wait for this ride is 15 minutes but really the only time I would be riding this ride is on an empty day where I can get a couple rides in a row to try and beat my record.

Onto the ride, I think it was pretty fun but I could not get it to flip. I could get inverted, but a couple degrees from flipping. My friend had the same problem. I guess I gotta practice a strategy.

Yes, I had gone to Season Pass Sneak Preview Night. My brother and I were able to get onto the third ride cycle of Skyhawk yesterday evening. It was great other than it was quite difficult getting the seat to flip as it was quite windy. But, I still had an amazing time! Here's my blog which includes photos and some videos of Season Pass Sneak Preview Night.

Here is the list of options for the meal plan. If it's not on the list it's not an option.

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/things-to-do/dining-plans

Both of these new options have piqued my interest...

Capture1.JPG.ae8ac7c585e079417d9681b125017ff2.JPG

Someone needs to post a review!

Capture2.JPG.a317fa5accee984e09e04e2af8105594.JPG

These should both be mandated restaurants at Cedar Fair parks starting now.

Capture3.JPG.45e75dee2b22989856877fef8a6f9b7a.JPG

Edit - here's another one...gourmet popcorn.

I wonder if they will have curry flavored?

I seriously need to find a group of people to go to the park with... my wife gets motion sick just driving on the highway, ergo my efforts to get her on a coaster have not borne fruit, and I got my hands on a season's pass for cheap this season and I want to take advantage of it. Any ideas of where I can fine like-minded folk?

I seriously need to find a group of people to go to the park with... my wife gets motion sick just driving on the highway, ergo my efforts to get her on a coaster have not borne fruit, and I got my hands on a season's pass for cheap this season and I want to take advantage of it. Any ideas of where I can fine like-minded folk?

Probably on a theme park related website... maybe like a forum or something. Anyway good luck finding something like that! Nobody's going to want to go with you if you fine them though, even if it's in Canadian money.

Asking here is definitely a great start! I frequent the park every two weeks or so. Maybe we could create some sort of Canada's Wonderland group this summer!

Asking here is definitely a great start! I frequent the park every two weeks or so. Maybe we could create some sort of Canada's Wonderland group this summer!

We are going this Sunday likely. We usually get there for opening and leave at around 4PM. Maybe we could meet up and ride together for an hour or two