TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Would a dive coaster meet the capacity requirement that seems to be the norm for CW?

As much as I have enjoyed Sheikra/Griffon and Oblivion....I don't recall the ride crews really banging out the trains. I agree with most on here that the Leviathan and Behemoth are people gobblers which is good for the park. A new coaster would surely want to follow that trend?

Would a dive coaster meet the capacity requirement that seems to be the norm for CW?

As much as I have enjoyed Sheikra/Griffon and Oblivion....I don't recall the ride crews really banging out the trains. I agree with most on here that the Leviathan and Behemoth are people gobblers which is good for the park. A new coaster would surely want to follow that trend?

Wonder Mountain Guardian didn't follow that trend.

Wonder Mountain Guardian didn't follow that trend.

True, but WMG isn't the "knock em dead" coaster that people are expecting to complete the Behemoth/Leviathan trio (and I say that as someone who enjoys WMG).

Will be interested to see. I don't particularly want a dive coaster myself...but will go on one if that turns out to be the case.

Leviathan's capacity has seriously been affected since they added the seat belts. Crew is horrible this year.

Also, the fact that the brown track has a paint scheme similar to Fury 325 makes me believe it's for a Cedar Fair park. If not the Point, then it has to be Wonderland.

Leviathan's capacity has seriously been affected since they added the seat belts. Crew is horrible this year.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree with this. I've been to the park 5 times this season and each time Leviathan's crew has been awesome. If the seatbelts have affected anything it's barely discernible.

Yeah, I've been on Leviathan about ten times on four days, and they beat the 1 minute timer six of those times. While not the best, still a pass.

The counter should start when the previous train rolls from the station, but it doesn't until the next one comes to a stop. It also counts down from 1:00 and stops at 0:00 so when they take 5 minutes it doesn't show.

I have seen pretty slow loading the 3 or 4 times i have been, but it is not seatbelt related. The maitre d' guy who fills the rows has been really slow and doesn't like letting people sit where they want to. He is often still sending people over when people are sitting in the train ready to go.

Then riders seem to have trouble carrying their crap through the row and putting it in the medicine bunny, then figuring out which row they came from, wandering around, not a care in the world before they sit down, then the ride ops have to deal with the stragglers and surprise surprise it takes forever.

It makes flying air canada seem like a fun experience. Maybe we can get an in flight snack?

As I stated on another thread, I think that some of the track at the plant is for the rumored CW coaster. Personally don't think CP will be receiving a dive coaster.

Some "hints" (using the term quite loosely) about a dark rise coming to CP were revealed on this podcast.

http://coasterradio.com

I just remembered that now they are getting a trio tech ride.... They wanted an interactive dark ride, so maybe it will be all grave themed and you have to fight the beast/bird Valravn.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree with this. I've been to the park 5 times this season and each time Leviathan's crew has been awesome. If the seatbelts have affected anything it's barely discernible.

Already best friends with one of the Crew Members, well not as much since we hate eachother's teams, but I wore a Real Madrid jersey and he is a Barcelona fan and those two teams are massive rivals if you didn't already know. But I saw him at Leviathan a couple times this season and he said it is a bit slower thanks to the seat belts.

Went to the park today;

1. It is so busy with a bunch of large groups from South America visiting like they do in Orlando. (for example, Behemoths Fast Pass line alone was maxed out, Slingshot was doing a lot of business and there must have been 30+ minute waits for food alone).

2. The park has really really really stepped up their landscaping game, the park looked and smelled beautiful! I can't describe it but the flowers and plants they planted were amazing!

3. There are still orange and yellow markers around Minebuster but all the markers in Skyriders spot have been snapped in half...

4. Parking lot was pretty much full again and it had about 10 full sized busses parked!

I honestly think this park is going to do 4 million guests this year! I keep going and it's crazy busy whenever the sun is out.

11057959_10155752000645447_5955203646870247354_n.jpg.f1f6c9d10fbfc6294e31e5b5eb2b90cb.jpg

11737851_10155752116065447_665840354587313935_n.jpg.dc8abc66ee9b0a3c47173c092452820c.jpg

video-1436996137.mp4.mp4

Best Front Entrance to a season Park

We shall be finding out what is in store for next year in the next few weeks as Wonderland has a habit of making their new attraction(s) announcement sometime near the end of August to coincide with the launch of sales for next years Season passes and if we are getting a new coaster for 2016 then I would also expect some sort of teaser campaign to start in the next couple of weeks.

As seen in the previous post...whether the park installs a new Coaster or a new garbage can for next year the people will still come in droves.

I honestly think this park is going to do 4 million guests this year! I keep going and it's crazy busy whenever the sun is out.

I'm sure the Pan Am Games are giving the park a bit of boost. (which means more money )