TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I work in business management and studied it, and let me tell you EVERY Canadian business right now is freaking the F out.

Absolutely untrue. A low Canadian dollar is the key to success for the Canadian Manufacturing industry. As anyone remotely connected to it knows that it could use every bit of help available.

I'm more so talking about the resturaunt and clothing businesses right now.. They are worried trust me

I work in business management and studied it, and let me tell you EVERY Canadian business right now is freaking the F out.

Absolutely untrue. A low Canadian dollar is the key to success for the Canadian Manufacturing industry. As anyone remotely connected to it knows that it could use every bit of help available.

I'm more so talking about the resturaunt and clothing businesses right now.. They are worried trust me

Never knew that Canada only had restaurant and clothing businesses. On that note, seems like Wonderland has nothing to do with this.

I don't get it.. Pretty much everybody here is a major coaster enthusiast... So everyone here should know what HUGE investment put CW on the map *cough*Behemoth*cough*. When was that $25+ million ride added? That's right, 6 years ago (2008), when times were just about as tough as they are now in Canada AND THE U.S.

Personally not worried at all about how the poor economic times are affecting the park.

^while we're talking about it, do you think Cedar Fair might keep Wonderland closed for the 2016 season since they would be losing soooool much money? [/sarcasm]

That's not what I am saying at all.... Just notice how they are spending very lightly on additions. There's a reason

That's not what I am saying at all.... Just notice how they are spending very lightly on additions. There's a reason

10 million dollars for WMG is not chump change. Neither is almost 30 million for Leviathan. I would kill for my home park to spend that much money in a 3 season period.

Small update, red flags have appeared, the exact same flags over by Minebuster. More water pipe work was done, I have no idea what for or why..

I'm not curious to this area as they are leaving it in a very ugly state, with no sorry for our appearance signs anywhere.

11212492_10155782361505447_1554086678_n.jpg.4b4cb96f10c810ec3d0171ce53399429.jpg

11774506_10155782361420447_776723898_n.jpg.a10d01a676777a6b7711544487cc2b99.jpg

11756612_10155782361715447_1795289163_n.thumb.jpg.41942c8830f234b2a87e94bc2e761b4e.jpg

11774592_10155782361670447_1790829601_n.thumb.jpg.97d64a1084079b142ba625c7d99a2689.jpg

Short visit to the park yesterday with my son to have a look at the new section of the waterpark (Typhoon).

I thought it was a nice little addition, he loved it (which is the most important part). My only minor minor gripe, as a season pass holder....the one hour early entry to the waterpark is great...but the choice of what they have open (just the black hole, pump works and tidal pool) is rather lame. Probably more down to staffing than anything else...but I would like to see maybe one more slide open in this time to get afew rides in (maybe super soaker or the plunge?). First world problems I know!

Personally I think the waterpark is pretty decent (and VERY clean yesterday...impressed!) and on a hot day is a great distraction. As much as we talk coasters for Wonderland, if they pay some attention to the waterpark in the future it can stand on its own as a visit in itself.

I do not know much about water attractions. What do they call those slides that you get into a sort of capsule (clear front) and then they drop the bottom out on you? I would love to see some of those come to Toronto...although I can imagine the lines would get pretty long.

Last thought....all the speculation of what and when CW will get in the future. Just looking at the area that Skyrider used to stand in. My own personal opinion is they will fill it with something sooner rather than later for the very fact that the area looks BARE and not very scenic now. Most people agree that CW is a clean scenic park. I am pretty sure the CF want to keep it that way.....having a bare field with rather dead grass and piles of sand and gravel is not really the way forward...and there were afew comments yesterday I heard about that area looking rather sparse!

Like everyone else...I am interested to see what happens.

Short visit to the park yesterday with my son to have a look at the new section of the waterpark (Typhoon).

I thought it was a nice little addition, he loved it (which is the most important part). My only minor minor gripe, as a season pass holder....the one hour early entry to the waterpark is great...but the choice of what they have open (just the black hole, pump works and tidal pool) is rather lame. Probably more down to staffing than anything else...but I would like to see maybe one more slide open in this time to get afew rides in (maybe super soaker or the plunge?). First world problems I know!

Personally I think the waterpark is pretty decent (and VERY clean yesterday...impressed!) and on a hot day is a great distraction. As much as we talk coasters for Wonderland, if they pay some attention to the waterpark in the future it can stand on its own as a visit in itself.

I do not know much about water attractions. What do they call those slides that you get into a sort of capsule (clear front) and then they drop the bottom out on you? I would love to see some of those come to Toronto...although I can imagine the lines would get pretty long.

Last thought....all the speculation of what and when CW will get in the future. Just looking at the area that Skyrider used to stand in. My own personal opinion is they will fill it with something sooner rather than later for the very fact that the area looks BARE and not very scenic now. Most people agree that CW is a clean scenic park. I am pretty sure the CF want to keep it that way.....having a bare field with rather dead grass and piles of sand and gravel is not really the way forward...and there were afew comments yesterday I heard about that area looking rather sparse!

Like everyone else...I am interested to see what happens.

I love your trip report cause what alot of us coaster enthusiasts don't understand is how "family" oriented Canada's Wonderland is. The kids section and water park are more crowded then the coasters on most given sunny days in Summer. This is why were not always going to see coasters added every 4-5 years. However after my most recent visit 2 days ago I agree now something has to be taking that place it's so ugly to look at and people were commenting on it as i stood there and took pictures. It's generating a lot of talk about whats replacing it.

I really am starting to get excited in the fact that I hope I am wrong about no new coaster in 2016 cause we do have more physical signs of a coaster project for 2016 then them even though we know they are getting a coaster. So will it be two parks getting a coaster in the chain in 2016? Just compare our site to theirs.

832441781_Screenshot(51).thumb.png.229fce84535decc96c409e2bc148be8b.png

cedar points construction so far, no markers, no flags and no signs of coaster other then teasers.

^ I'm not convinced CP IS getting the coaster that is going to go there in 2016, personally. I actually feel CW is more likely to get a major coaster next year than CP, and suspect that it may be that orange/brown track that everybody assumes is for Valravn. To me, things just add up that way more to me - thinking outside the box, that is. CP could still get a major attraction next year, as the dark ride/coaster is still very much lingering out there as a possibility. Remember that there is plenty of room in the cleared out area for BOTH a dark ride, and a decent sized coaster. One could come in 2016, and one in 2017. It'll be interesting to see if anything is announced this weekend...

^ I'm not convinced CP IS getting the coaster that is going to go there in 2016, personally. I actually feel CW is more likely to get a major coaster next year than CP, and suspect that it may be that orange/brown track that everybody assumes is for Valravn. To me, things just add up that way more to me - thinking outside the box, that is. CP could still get a major attraction next year, as the dark ride/coaster is still very much lingering out there as a possibility. Remember that there is plenty of room in the cleared out area for BOTH a dark ride, and a decent sized coaster. One could come in 2016, and one in 2017. It'll be interesting to see if anything is announced this weekend...

Matt Ouimet has stated there will be no dark ride additions in 2016, I think CP is getting a 15 million dollar Dive Coaster and in 2017 a dark ride.

Matt Ouimet has stated there will be no dark ride additions in 2016, I think CP is getting a 15 million dollar Dive Coaster and in 2017 a dark ride.

Fair enough... Six in one, half-dozen in the other. I always psyche myself down for coming attractions, that way there's typically no place to go but up when the thing is actually announced.

It's such a hard one cause Canada's Wonderland is due for a coaster in 2016 based off of trends (every 5 years for big parks) and Cedar Point isn't. However it's pretty obvious Cedar Point is getting one but they have bought two coasters in a year before for their parks. Can it be the end of August already, Canada's Wonderland always announces last!

from what I've heard about Canada's Wonderland breaking an attendance record and comp growth % this year we will be seeing nice things. Look at parks that do over 4 million and Canada's Wonderland with the games and nice weather is going to surpass 4 million visitors.