TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^ Is the hospital being built for those who dare ride Time Warp, Flight Deck, Wild Beast, Dragon Fire and Mighty Canadian Minebuster all in succession?

Hey there...Dragon Fire isn't that bad. I still ride it multiple times whenever I'm at the park. Now the rest? Well...yeah. The less said about them, the better.

I think it's safe to say that not everyone will share the same views on coasters/rides with others. I for one think Vortex is in the top three coasters at the park and one of the only one I could probably marathon.

During Coasting for Kids one year I think I got about 12-14 laps on it in an hour and was ready for more.

I will say, our wooden coasters could definitely use a little attention with re-tracking or something.

I think CW has a great coaster collection for the most part. I LOVE Leviathan, and I could easily sit there and ride it all day long. Behemoth, DF, Fly, Ghoster Coaster, Minebuster, Thunder Run, and Vortex are all great rides as well. CW is definitely a park I need to get back to some day.

I ride Thunderhawk all the time at MIA, and its actually a pretty decent ride. Im sure with some new trains flight deck can be alright. It def wouldnt hurt vf's coaster line up haha

I have ridden some horrible slc's, and some decent ones. I have faith in CF to make flight deck rideable enough for vf

I ride Thunderhawk all the time at MIA, and its actually a pretty decent ride. Im sure with some new trains flight deck can be alright. It def wouldnt hurt vf's coaster line up haha

I have ridden some horrible slc's, and some decent ones. I have faith in CF to make flight deck rideable enough for vf

I heard that the newer SLC trains really aren't much better than the old ones, so either way, I don't think it would be a great move. Flight Deck wouldn't help VF's lineup at all because their lineup is very average for that of a corporate park, and getting a low quality coaster like an SLC might actually hurt their overall coaster quality. Also, Flight Deck will be 20 years old in 2015, and Cedar Fair isn't the type of park chain that relocates 20+ year-old rides (Demon Drop is the only one I can think of; please correct me if there are more), so I think Flight Deck will probably stay put at CW.

I think it's save to say that wonderland now has a quantity over quality thing going on. But with the additions of cedar fair I think this will slowly change over time.

I absolutely disagree with this. Just because Wonderland is the "prototype" park, prototype rides have to start somewhere. You can't make the biggest and baddest thing right out of the gate (well, you can, but CF is playing it safe). So just because the newer rides are the best thing in the world, that doesn't mean Wonderland is going for quantity.

I never said wonderland was going for quantity. I was just trying to point out that allthough wonderland has a large number of rollercoasters. Its mostly the newer onces that realy put the park on the map for coaster enthousiast. And i expect cedar fair to continue in this fashion. Also i think paramount is mostly to blame for the less impressive additions.

^I agree that Paramount was all about quantity over quality, HOWEVER, the flats they added were amazing!

As for CF, I'm really hoping history repeats itself, and a get a great, quallity coaster to replace Skyrider. Banshee this year really got me excited, and hopefully CF can get a similar (not necessarily an invert) b&m looper with some decent forces at CW.

As I said before, Canada's Wonderland was always more quantity than quality, but now with Cedar Fair, I think they are trying to make the park more of a quality than quantity. And I am also hoping for a forceful B&M to add to the park. I really want a B&M invert if it had to be B&M but what I would really like is an RMC hybrid.