TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

At one point we never thought we'd get a B&M in our park, now we have two.

We could be getting a brand new kids area for all we know. Only people who know are staff at Cedar Fair/Wonderland/those that have signed an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) and the ones designing the attraction.

Let's just be happy Wonderland is finally been put way up there on the map in North America!

I agree except that it's pretty obvious it's going to be a B&M and probably Ziz, and that olympic venue thing is just a coincidence.

What makes it obvious? Look recently at the whole Fury325/Centurian stuff. Even as far as logos being "leaked".

I'll say this, no one is sure of anything unless you're involved in the attractions creation. Could be B&M's first dark ride, or Intamin making a comeback with a inverted woodie like RMC.

We will find out sometime in 2015 I am sure, either way it should be awesome.

I'm not a fan of the name Ziz either but I do think that that will be the name for it. And I'm gonna predict it to be an invert or a wing. Yes, I know they have an invert already, but its an SLC. If an RMC comes, it'd probably be an ibox. But I don't think an RMC will come. They'd put one in at cedar point before wonderland. If a new woodie were to come then it'd probably be a GCI.

I still think that the naming that goes along with the Olympic venues will continue.

Behemoth - Beijing - 2008

Leviathan - London - 2012

Rougarou (name trademarked by CF) - Rio -2016

Seriously, you actually believe this?

I still think that the naming that goes along with the Olympic venues will continue.

Behemoth - Beijing - 2008

Leviathan - London - 2012

Rougarou (name trademarked by CF) - Rio -2016

Seriously, you actually believe this?

Not really lol... **HOWEVER** i have even less faith that the name will be "Ziz"... Such a godamn awful name for a coaster

They'd put one in at cedar point before wonderland. If a new woodie were to come then it'd probably be a GCI.

Why wouldn't you think Wonderland could be the first? We were the first B&M Giga, first Triotech dark ride, first Windseeker. Wonderland kind of has a history of being the guinea pig per-say. Both Wonderland and CP are begging for a new wood or hybrid for sure so it could go either way. Here's hoping *fingers crossed*

Let's just be happy Wonderland is finally been put way up there on the map in North America!

That right there says it all.

I could not be more pleased with what Cedar Fair has brought to our park. They've made all the right moves and have earned my trust and respect.

(although naming the new coaster Ziz may ever so slightly diminish that last statement)

I was joking. Would any of us have even heard of "Dog Fart Coaster" were it not for the name? There are much worse things than getting another amazing coaster.

I know, I was just adding my two cents. But now I will campaign for the next ride to me named "Super Duper Fun Time Awesome Riding Machine". Long live SDFTARM

It looks fantastic. Maybe just a bit overzealous, but I'd probably have said the same about a rough rendering of Leviathan in 2010 too!

I do prefer the 2nd version that CedarFair1 did a few pages back though. The one with the layout travelling along the highway towards Action Theatre. I'm such a fan of coasters that run alongside highways (like Shock Wave at SFoT).

Let's not get carried away here, guys. We have no idea what's in store for the park. For all we know, they could just be turning Skyrider's station house into a haunt maze a la Drachen Fire.

We won't really start piecing everything together until probably next year when (if) we see construction start happening.

I made a small layout "plan"but i may have gotten carried away with the length and scale of the ride . :This may be a bit pricey for CW and to me it lacks inversions, but what do you think?

That's a lot of layout from such a small launch.

If anything, CW would go with at least a 7-8 car model. Which would need more power or length for the launch.

Let's not get carried away here, guys. We have no idea what's in store for the park. For all we know, they could just be turning Skyrider's station house into a haunt maze a la Drachen Fire.

We won't really start piecing everything together until probably next year when (if) we see construction start happening.

I agree that this level of speculation is rather premature; but that's all part of the fun. There's no harm in spitballing a bunch of cool ideas out into the universe, if only just to see what eventually comes back at you.

So I am currently going through Canada's Wonderlands files that I ordered from the City of Vaughan, and anyone can do so by the way. There's lots of information that you can leak from these reports. I just want to ask before I post the stuff on here, but am I allowed to post documents that I legally obtained from the city council in which Canada's Wonderland is located in?

Currently going through all of 2012-2014 construction request files ;p

I found a mandate that the city of Vaughan has to build an alternate entrance for Canada's Wonderland to replace the one the hospital is taking away and it's due to be done in September 2015.

476002828_WonderMountainGuardian.thumb.png.54c50a69791d66f1b5a0c9b69843463c.png

Here's the Wonder Mountain Guardian construction request, just going through months upon months and even years of files.

^That permit doesn't make sense. That means Wonderland was working illegally prior to filing the permit in October. I'm sure there is a permit that is sealed (cannot be released to the public without the parks permission) that is the "main" WMG permit. Also, WMG did not cost $360,000.

EDIT: Actually, I think that permit is for the Haunt mazes that were in the mountain last year. They were located on the "basement level" and were technically "floor attractions". And the 900 m2 area sounds just about right (Guardian's area is 23, 180 square meters)

^That permit doesn't make sense. That means Wonderland was working illegally prior to filing the permit in October. I'm sure there is a permit that is sealed (cannot be released to the public without the parks permission) that is the "main" WMG permit. Also, WMG did not cost $360,000.

EDIT: Actually, I think that permit is for the Haunt mazes that were in the mountain last year. They were located on the "basement level" and were technically "floor attractions". And the 900 m2 area sounds just about right (Guardian's area is 23, 180 square meters)

Yup and trust me were lucky we live in Canada, I can find our 2016 attraction cost, size and type the minute they file a work permit. I'm looking through a bunch of files now cause it has to be somewhere for them to tear down skyrider.

It's for the haunt attractions cause there's two work orders in that report for smaller attractions in the mountain