TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

My mishap on FoF at KI, anyone else?

I've ridden Flight of Fear at King's Dominion before so I'd never really worried about riding the one at KI but it was a HOT Saturday and the queue was air conditioned. Yeah, big mistake.

While waiting for our ride I notice that they've fitted the ride with the on-ride video, this should be pretty cool if it's done well. The cameras for each front seat in each car are mounted to the front of the car while the back seats got a mount between the headrests of the front seats.

Anyone see where this is going yet?

We get in and sit down, launch wasn't too bad. Just after the launch the ride jerks your head back and forth about 2 times, the second was enough to toss mine into a bolt holding the camera to the mount. The video was pretty priceless but I'm too cheap to buy it. It pretty much showed our launch and me smack and grab my head followed by a very clear, "OW, I just hit my head on the camera mount". The girl working at the video booth must have found it pretty amusing since she played it for at least 3 more cycles of trains.

Has anyone else had this issue with the poor placement of the camera mounts yet or am I the first?

Super lumpy head Loopy

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ridden Flight of Fear 6 times over the course of two days and some things I don't like about it. First, the lap bars. I like the fact that it's just a lap bar and not a sholder restraint, but I don't like the fact that throughout the course of the ride, it pushes down really hard and it really hurts. I also don't like the fact that it literally almost stops in the middle of the ride at the block brake section. And the ride is quite a head-banger. That's just what I have to say about it.

I have only rode in the back a few times this season, but when I did, it felt a little vibratey. It wasn't a bad ride, but it was kinda uncomfortable. As for roughness and trouble with the restraints, I have none at 5'8". I love the ride and consider it one of the best at KI!

I wouldn't really qualify this as a "mishap." Everybody has gotten their ass kicked on this ride at least once.

When we were in line for it I believe Robb and Elissa even admitted to bumping their heads heads together when they rode it once.

The only thing that was remotely special about this was that you totally waxed that camera with your face. Which makes this particular incident hilarious. Had I been the girl at the desk selling the videos I would have looped yours all fricken day.

Laura "It's funny till someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious" Huls

Man, the FoF clones are trimmed? Poltergeist launches a little too fast to begin with, makes me get bad tunnel vision, but has no trims and really there isn't much headbanging at all. However, I bet the indoor experience adds a whole lot to the coaster and covers for the negatives.

Not a tunnel vision fan?

I love it!

I was sitting in the front of a car on Sunday and noticed the camera just to my right and behind me. I thought that was probably not the best spot for it and even tried to see how I could hit my head on it, but I never did. I didn't crack skulls with Robb on this ride but I did smack into him pretty hard a few times.