TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point Q's!

PKI Jizzman

Hey guys! I got some Cedar Point tickets for my birthday, so I have a few questions to make this trip better than the other ones. I will be going in late July.

Staying at a "Cedar Point" Hotel:

By staying at Breakers Express versus a Hampton Inn or Hilton for an extra 25-40$, is it worth it for the extra hour in the park?

In the park:

Should I ride Maverick first? Or head to MF or TTD to get shorter lines?

Anyone think that MF now has longer lines since it's on the way to Maverick?

Dates:

Anndddd...what will the best days to go be? Would a Saturday be brutal?

Food:

I have found some nice snack places, but where are the best eats at CP?

Thanks for the help!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staying at a "Cedar Point" Hotel:

By staying at Breakers Express versus a Hampton Inn or Hilton for an extra 25-40$, is it worth it for the extra hour in the park?!

Yes, definitely.

Should I ride Maverick first? Or head to MF or TTD to get shorter lines

I would ride either Maverick or TTD first. Both of them aren't that reliable, so you want to ride them early in case they break down later in the day. MF can wait until those are out of the way.

Anndddd...what will the best days to go be? Would a Saturday be brutal?

Very. Go on a weekday if you can. If you have to go on a weekend, Sunday is better.

Food:

I have found some nice snack places, but where are the best eats at CP?

CP has really crappy food. Eat outside of the park if possible.

Although I did have a decent rib sandwich over by TTD. But for the most part CP food is overpriced, and gross.

The entire Maverick queue was filled July 1st, and it took only one hour to get through. The only way it could be 3 hours is if it breaks down for 2.

The Maverick crew is really good at crowd control. Riders are let inside the station only around 1-2 trains ahead (for example, there could be 4 riders waiting in the line for the front seats, therefore 2-train wait). I asked for the front and got it, I asked for the back and got it. Moral of the story? "Please ask a ride host to assist you."

Midway Market and Game Day Grille are all right places to eat. Like Carnage said, nothing's really "astounding" in terms of food quality.

Visiting dates would be a toss-up, as I've gone on both a packed Wednesday and an empty Saturday in the summer. (Neither of them were holidays.)

Finally, I'd recommend heading to Maverick first. Don't get discouraged by long lines there; the crew works hard to keep the line moving, and move it does.

Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...
CP has really crappy food. Eat outside of the park if possible.

Although I did have a decent rib sandwich over by TTD. But for the most part CP food is overpriced, and gross.

I thought the buffet in the front of the park was pretty decent and a good value for the money, although there was an overabundance of grease!

It is definately worth the early entry when staying on the resort. I just stayed there Wednesday night and rode Maverick, MF, and Mantis by 11:00.

You will definately want to head to Maverick first. Go to the Magnum gate back by Soak City inbetween 8:30 and 8:40 AM. The lines will get very long back there, but they let guests in 10 minutes early before unraveling the chain. Once they do that, RUN to Maverick. We were on the stairs when we finally stopped moving through the queue. Millennium Force and TTD aren't worth going to first because TTD only loads the first 3 rows until almost noon. Millennium Force is still testing with water dummies, which they have to take out, at 9:00 AM.

Saturdays are the worst day to go. Wednesdays are pretty crowded for some reason too. The best days so far are Sunday, Monday, and Thursday.

About the food, there are plenty of great places to eat. Not only are Midway Market and Game Day Grille great, but Famous Dave's is delicious. Don't forget that the park just added Panda Express and Chick-Fil-A, both great places to fill up.

By the way, TTD now has the shortest wait out of the big 5. It can have a wait anywhere from 30 minutes, to 75 minutes. Maverick has a pretty constant wait, but the operators are amazing at running the ride. A full queue is an hour and a half. Maverick usually never breaks down, so maitenance isn't an issue. TTD runs much more efficiently too.

I hope this helps.

^ That place is decent.

Much better then the crap you can buy at the walk up food places.

All Cedar Fair Food is crap. It never changes at least to me, I went to Michigan's Adventure and had the samed overpriced shit.

Unless there's a local special at a park or they bring something special in for a day to a week, like with the CP the giant Johnsonville Brat grill it's just really bad food.

Since this is kinda what i want to ask, and so i dont make up another topic, i was wondering if you can bring in food to the hotels ? Meaning bring food with you for the stay, or do they search you there like they do to get into the park ? I have stayed at hotels before and brought my own food to save on some money, but wasnt sure what there policy was since it was a hotel basically inside of a park.

Thanks.

I believe I've done this before but I don't know if it works, but is it possible to enter the park from the Soak City entrance if you are not staying at one of the resorts? I swear one of the times my aunt parked back there since we had some people going to Soak City and they just let us in a little early. I'll be going on a Tuesday so hopefully the crowds aren't too bad and its a day trip so no hotel for us.