GCI Intern Website

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Adam, are you actually traveling now for GCI? If so, where in St. Louis do you stay?

I live in St. Louis when I am not at school, about 10 minutes from the park. It would be pretty cool to meet up with you. In January I am headed out to Baltimore, MD to start an 8-month long co-op with Premier Rides, so it would be cool to talk to someone who has already done an internship in the Amusement Park Industry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Though I'm not an intern anymore, we're still keeping the site going. In fact, a new intern just started!

To celebrate the occasion, I spent some time upgrading the site. We've jumped on the WordPress bandwagon, so you can all get RSS feeds, post comments, and really keep on top of what's going on with our interns (and projects).

So head on over and meet Eamon from Ohio State University. I know he'll be good about keeping the content updated, so if you haven't bookmarked it yet, now is a good time to.

www.greatcoastersinterns.com

Thanks for posting that! It definitely seems like something I would be interested in.

Is the internship only for engineers though? I am a business major, more specifically finance, and am looking to get more involved in the industry. I was an ambassador at IAAPA this last year, and that was awesome, and I got to speak with Clair and Chris! They told me to email a gentleman by the name of Pete about the possibility of a accounting/finance internship and I am still waiting for a response. Maybe you know more?

How do you get involved with this internship? I'll be attending Penn State University for Architectural Engineering with an emphasis in structural next year and this would definitely be something I would be interested in when the time for interning comes.

Working for Great Coasters is my dream job, especially since its located in the same town that I go to high school in. I wish that as a high school student I could hang around and job shadow the people at Great Coasters but that is probably hoping for a little too much,

Nice site, I really like GCI's approach to building coasters and their passion. It's nice to see some TPR members are living their dream.

Now get back to work and make sure the new coaster at Efteling is ready for the TPR Europe Tour.

• 2 years later...