TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Fair and Trash cans

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a similar fashion, I like to play the "count the number of obese women at Dollywood" game.

Seriously, I have a picture somewhere of the train station where there are...no kidding...9 really fat women in one snapshot. I'll have to find it, scan it, and post it.

Dorney is my home park (at least that's where my season pass is even though its farther than Coney Island or Great Misadventure). I have to say, I cannnot tell you how many times I have watched people walk past 4-5 trash cans and then throw their trash on the ground 2 feet in front of a trash can.

My biggest problem with parks is that there are no ashtrays. Smokers have no choice but to put their cigarettes out on the ground. If you can have a trash can every 10 feet, couldn't you have ashtrays every 20 feet?

And if you watch the people sweeping up, most of what they sweep up is cigarette butts.

Even at Great Misadventure, which now has designated smoking areas, there are no ashtrays, and cigarettes butts are everywhere.

And to all of you who are about to start preaching the anti-smoke rhetoric, please save your keystrokes for a better use.

IMO cigarette butts are a huge problem in the parks. It bugs me like nothing else to see someone just flip their cigarette wherever they are.

I am a smoker and if I cannot find an ashtray then I don't smoke until I do. It's not that hard to do. But you get people that don't care about the parks condition. They think, "I paid my $$$, I'll do as I please."

Ron "Our new Governor wants to add a $1 per pack tax increase and I hope he does. It may be the last incentive I need to quit!" Patton

I have also noticed a lot of trash in the parking lot at Dorney even with all those trash cans. It also seems that with the 25 cent cotton candy this past season, you saw a lot of cotton candy and the plastic bags on the ground both in and out of the park.