TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Black Friday

Homer

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Circuit City, more like Circus City (groan).

Got there at 4:30 with the line snaking through the parking lot. Got in at 5 AM and had to grab and go. However, memory cards were insanely cheap.

My finds:

2 1GB SD Cards (handy for the Midwest trip )

3 1GB Pen Drives

3 1GB Memory Stick ProDUO's (PSP)

1 250GB External Hard Drive

Tommy Boy DVD (for me, I also wanted Dumb & Dumber, couldn't find that )

Grey's Anatomy Season 1 DVD (for my mom)

Garden State DVD (for my sister)

Now, off to the EB Games in my mall for used games!

As of 12 Noon yesterday, the Best Buy near me had its parking lot full and people were lined up around the building... I will wait for my PS3. I'll probably get one in the summer, heh.

The same thing happened at my Best Buy, but, the line was not for the PS3. It was for the Black Friday sales. No one knew about the new shipment, not even best buy employees until 2 hours after the store opening.

I got a rain check from Super Target for a really nice Casio digital camera-- $138 rather than $200. It's a very small camera, 6 megapixels, and it has a rechargable battery. I'm looking forward to getting it!

The stores were really insane, however. Target seemed to handle their stores extremely well, even in face of these massive crowds.

Went to EB Games before opening to get a Wii. EB got 5 whole Wii's, and unfortunately, there were more than 5 people there already to get one. It was not fun watching those lucky people walk out with the Wii looking all happy..

After that, I went to Toy R Us and missed a Wii by mere minutes. I didn't have a fun experience at all...

So I actually did really well again this year! We got to CompUSA at 4:45am, and only had 15 people waiting to get in in front of us. There probably weren't 40 people waiting to get in, so the lines were non-existant! I got my FM transmitter for $30, and mom got a portable DVD player for $50. In and out in 12 minutes.

Then we made the almost half hour drive to the nearest Circuit City (the CompUSA is in a pretty small mall). By 5:45, the place was a mad house! People everywhere, with lines going everywhere! We scanned the store for more 1G cards, and found what seemed to be the very last tiny display of them, so we each grabbed 6. I then grabbed a spot in line while mom went around the rest of the store collecting up anything that was a good deal and semi-useful.

All told, I got...

6 1Gig SD cards

6 mini DV tapes

A pair of digital headphones

A Samsonite camera bag

A media card reader

A 50 pack of DVRs

...all for a grand total after rebates of $19

I can't say it's fun to go shopping on Black Friday (especially when dealing with selfish people who insist on finding ways around the per person limits on items) but the deals just can't be beat.

-Julie

- bought about $150 worth of stuff, for under $40...

- consumed: 1 candy cane (Kohl's), 1 popcorn combo (Target), bacon cheeseburger & fries (Big Boy), 3 Lindor balls, 1 pizza slice (local pizzeria) and Beary Beary Blue ice cream concoction (Cold Stone)...

- "ice fog" ensured that I wouldn't actually be missing any schoolwork...

- waited in line at Kohl's while the two girls shopped (elapsed time: 1 hour, 13 minutes)

- deep fryer broke at Olga's... good thing I made reservations about 2 minutes before at Big Boy's

- nicest post-Thanksgiving weather we've ever had (somewhere like 50 F and sunny)

Overall, a successful shopping day.

Note: The only con was, we didn't get to any store in time to witness the tsunami-like madness of crowds rushing in. I wanted to make a video set to "O Fortuna".

I have done more shopping at EBGames today, taking advantage of the whole "Buy 2 used, get one used item free"

I got;

Lumines (PSP)

Wipeout Pure (PSP)

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA)

Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble (DS)

PSP Earbuds

PSP Case

I hope Lumines is as good as Erik makes it out to be.

That and I played Wii for the first time ever, holy crap Excite Truck was fun!

Got to Gamestop with Wally at 2 in the morning and set up my tent right in front of the door.

As soon as I did a trio of kids came across the parking lot and got in line behind us.

I'm glad we got there when we did because there were exactly 5 Wii's. The wait wasn't too bad, at one point I had 2 asian chicks in my tent (sweet) with me in my sleeping bag and dead body blanket I stole from the hospital. Why bodies need to be warm I'll never know...

Got my Wii and got the hell out. The other 20 or so people in line didn't seem to share my enthusiasm but thats what they get for showing up at 6 (losers).

So far I've managed not to break anything with my Wiimotes yet, and the Rayman game is I-N-S-A-N-E.

Happy Don