TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valhalla at Blackpool Pleasure Beach

As for Nicole, she was already down 1 pair of shoes on day 2 of the trip

HAH! I bought a pair to replace them. But they're not the same. I thought I was so clever, bringing an extra pair of shoes on the trip... and then I went and left them in the very first hotel room. Sob.

Anyways...

4243.jpg.e930c12ff583727fa5e053f3c7b3a727.jpg

Another view of the water vortex. I really don't remember this, but the whole ride was a blur of fire and snow to me. :)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool stuff, Nicole. For years, I've always heard really good reviews about this ride, and yet I've never seen much to describe what it's all about. While it's cool to catch a glimpse of what it looks like inside, I think the shroud of mystery from the relatively small amount of onride pics, etc. makes it even more interesting. It definitely creates a bigger desire to check it out one day.....sort of like explaining what Spiderman @ IOA is like to a newbie.

I'm glad I got to see a few pics, but I'm gonna have to force myself to avoid this thread now. Maybe you should throw up a semi-spoiler warning on the first page. Of course, then again, I'd probably still wanna see it.

I still have my advanced Project 2000 ticket that I bought back in 1998. Didn't know what the ride was but thought I'd buy an advanced ticket anyway as I also got a T Shirt. Figured I'd keep the ticket and sell it on Ebay in years to come, obviously back in 1998 I hadn't heard of Ebay but knew it would come eventually.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks Valhalla is an abomination to dark rides then

Oh Ben... You're just an arse generally. <3

The effects are hardly ever all on. I've seen the water vortex like.. twice in all my visits to Blackpool. It SOAKS you. Basically the jets don't have enough power to make it over you half the time and just end up falling on your lap.

The effects are hardly ever all on. I've seen the water vortex like.. twice in all my visits to Blackpool. It SOAKS you. Basically the jets don't have enough power to make it over you half the time and just end up falling on your lap.

That probably explains why I have no memory of a water vortex.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Valhalla is painfully overated. Though, i'm pretty sure that with all the original effects running it would be significently better.

I personally find it dull, the lack of any real storyline seems a bit.. daft? The effects either never work or are lame. (the lightning? wtf... flashing lights in cages?!)

And it's too wet. Wet rides should ba banned.

I think Valhalla is painfully overated. Though, i'm pretty sure that with all the original effects running it would be significently better.

I personally find it dull, the lack of any real storyline seems a bit.. daft? The effects either never work or are lame. (the lightning? wtf... flashing lights in cages?!)

Its overated but I still think its a fun ride. The effects are cool when they work, but in all the years Ive been riding it not once have I seen the water vortex working.

Oh, the lightning used to be a tesla coil (hence the faraday cage) but it was removed, and replaced by a strobe. I presume for health and saftey reasons. Why they didnt take the cage out as well, I dont know. Its a shame, the coil looked good but was maybe a little small.

I still think its a fun ride. In my opinion, a dark ride doesnt have to have a story to be fun. It depends on the context I suppose. Not all rides are trying to tell a story. If they are and fail, then I can understand disappointment. Personaly I think valhalla isnt anything like a cohesive story, but it doesnt really matter to me that its not. Each to their own I guess.

What DOES really bug me is that the last year or so there has been a habit of leavng a door open at the top of the first drop. Totally floods the area with light. I hate that.

I understood the story of Valhalla perfectly fine while riding it, even when my eyes were covered with my poncho for fear of getting too wet.

:Shrug:

The wetness is pretty crazy, but thats just one of the things that makes the ride so freaking awesome, IMO!