TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cool German Park Built at Nuclear Site

http://www.kernies-familienpark.de/

My mom told me about this on the phone today so I had to check it out. It's a pretty cool looking kiddie park, any of our posters ever been there?

It's built at an abandoned Nuclear Power Plant (the plant was never actually completed). They even have an attraction where you can climb the side of the cooling tower!

Elissa "too bad the coaster is powered!" Alvey

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I life in germany, but I never visited this park! It sounds a little bit strange to me! A Nuclear Power Plant, that is not completed? Who really believe that? But I think I will visit "kernies-familienpark" in the next times and tell you whats going on there!

--Soeren

I also never have been to the park yet, but it's very close to me. Some friends of mine have been there and from what I heard the coolest thing in the park is that you can eat as much ice, French fries and soft drinks for nothing but the entrance fee. That is a cool feature that every park should have^^ 8)

http://www.kernies-familienpark.de/

My mom told me about this on the phone today so I had to check it out. It's a pretty cool looking kiddie park, any of our posters ever been there?

It's built at an abandoned Nuclear Power Plant (the plant was never actually completed). They even have an attraction where you can climb the side of the cooling tower!

Elissa "too bad the coaster is powered!" Alvey

Hmmm I dunno which is creepier... Old dude.. or the Orange thing. :?

^Entirely off topic but...love the screen name

Thnx... I just joined this forum... I have been over at wdwmagic's forums for the past 5 years (same screen name).

I always get a kick out of the videos and pics over here though.

Kernwasser Wunderland was set up by a Dutch guy. He owns a lot of big amusement projects (Strange swimming pools, hotels in Tv towers and a lot more weird stuff). You pay one price for the whole park, that's including food (Yes, FREE FOOD :shock: 8) ).

All the rides in the park are Zamperla (I hope you like pain...)

Theres an overview of the park...

Closer up

Anyways... Kernie's Familienpark is built on the land of a never completed atomic power plant. The atomic power plant project was canceled early enough that no radioactive material was ever brought onto the site. The large containment wall (the cylindrical shape you see of many atomic power plants) was built and is now used as a rock climbing wall. That's official... lol.

They have one coaster, Achterbahn, a Zamperla Mine Train Coaster.