TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

My summer trip around the UK.

Unfortunetly its over now, but this is what we done:

Day 1: Monday 21st August

Travel from Norwich to Wales. As we have Annual Passes we decided to make a quick stop at Thorpe Park as we have to go right by it anyway. Eventually got to Wales and spend the evening at Oakwood.

Day 2: Tuesday 22nd August

All day & night at Oakwood,

Day 3: Wednesday 23rd August

Travel up to Blackpool in the morning, spend all day and night at the Pleasure Beach

Day 4: Thursday 24th August

Again, all day and night at the Pleasure Beach, probably go to the Sandcastle during the day

Day 5: Friday 25th August

This is the day that we have yet to 100% decided what to do. Either go to Pleasureland Southport, or Flamingo Land, or just go straight to Skeggy from Blackpool.

Day 6,7,8: Saturday, Sunday, Monday

w00t! 3 or 4 days at Super Sunny Skeggy. Can't really plan what we do coz we will do so much, we just go with the flow. We'll go swimming at Butlins, get loads of tokens at Fantasy Island, get loads of wristbands at Skeggy Pleasure Beach, we'll probably spend a few hours up at Pleasure Island aswell etc etc.

You'll probably realize that I done this 'itinery' before we went on this trip, as alot of it is in past tense, but never mind.

It was all great fun, as expected. Highlight of the trip was my first ever trip to Oakwood, such an awsome little park(where I found a new love), my other highlight was falling out of my boat on Dragon Mountain Descent

And to my surprise, the low light of the trip was Blackpool & the Pleasure Beach, all will be explained later. We also didn't go to Pleasureland, again all will be explained later.

I haven't got time to do the photos right now, but I will do them as soon as I have the time.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thorpe Park

The only reason we stopped here for a bit was just to cut the 400mile journey in half and we have annual passes so its all good.

We went straight to Colossus and Nemesis Inferno to ride front rows, then we went to get our single rider wristbands.

We only spent a couple hours here, before we filled up with Burger King and left for Wales at about 12:30.

Stealth was closed, but never mind, Nemesis Inferno was open so I was happy, I also (finally(just about)) got my first go on Rush.

I saw Rush testing, both arms! and it seemed to last for some time, looking awsome, but when I finally joined the queue, it broke down, well thats a lie, they closed it becasue they didn't have the measuring stick, then I finally got on it for the first time, but then it did brake down and I had to get off, but 10 minutes later everything was fine but the ride was very short and I was very disapointed.

Anyways on with the pictures, sorry, theres not very many of TP, we weren't there long:

Ah, our first stop, whats that little white sign I see on the left?

Of course, Stealth is closed, what a surprise!

Our first ride of the trip, Colossus, front row aswell, wooo!

Didn't bother doing Tidal Wave, 2 splash boats in 1 day is too much.

Next ride is the awsome Nemesis Inferno, which just never gets boring.

Mince goes on Depth Charge, I didn't because I seem to get very wet on it.

I'm in my seat on Rush, finally!

WEEEEEEEEE!

More WEEEEEEEE! And that was about it, two wee's amd it ended.

And I shall end this part with this picture of my favourite ride at Thorpe Park!

I told you there weren't many pictures, but theres much more Oakwood pictures!

Also I apologise for the quality of the pictures, I lowered the quality so I could take more pictures, but I didn't know that quality would be 'that' bad.

Next update: My first trip to Oakwood

-Martyn

Thorpe Park

Awesome? Never gets boring? Are you talking about something else, Inferno (I never add its 'Nemesis' prefix because it doesn't deserve it and puts shame to the Nemesis name!) is easily the worst B&M inverter and one of, if not the dullest coaster i've been on. You feel more forces when you get out of bed quickly.

Thorpe Park

one of, if not the dullest coaster i've been on. You feel more forces when you get out of bed quickly.

Nemesis Inferno isn't dull it may not be the best B&M, with only 4 inversions, but no way is it dull, if you want dull Go ride the Big One.

Anyway nice TR so far martin

Thorpe Park

Awesome? Never gets boring? Are you talking about something else, Inferno (I never add its 'Nemesis' prefix because it doesn't deserve it and puts shame to the Nemesis name!) is easily the worst B&M inverter and one of, if not the dullest coaster i've been on. You feel more forces when you get out of bed quickly.

Everyone has the right to their own oppinion.

Martin, nice PTR, its to bad Stealth was closed though, seems like it would be a nice thrill.

^Not too bothered about the ride it slef bewing closed, just annoyed that everyone would be queuing for it will be elsewhere in the park.

Oakwood

Now then, I love going to parks that I have never been to before, so much excitment of not knowing what to expect and this park was no exception.

We spent 2 days at Oakwood and I was thinking to myself on the way there that 2 days is too much and we would get bored, but boy was I wrong, I could have spent a week at Oakwood. Theres something about it thats great, its got character, it has charm, also it has awsome rides and its one the cheapest parks in the country.

So, as you've already guessed, I love this little park, the view you get when you first turn off the road in the car park area bit is fantastic, just everything about it makes me fall in love with it, its definetly one of my favourite parks, shame its 400miles away from me!

Anyway, heres what I thought of the rides:

Speed

Honestly, just an average coaster to me, with a swanky lift hill and drop, although it was very intense. I honestly don't know what all the fuss is about it. Although the 'roar' this coaster makes is on par with the B&M 'roar'.

7/10

Hydro

I don't know why but these kind of rides make me a bit nervous, buts its still awsome. I sat on the left, it was pretty scary not being able to see and track or supports when I looked over the egde! The 'roar' and 'rumble' this ride makes is awsome aswell!

8/10

Bounce

Um, yeah, not much good to say about this, as its kind of crap and very forceless, I suppose it has good capacity :?

4/10

Megafobia

After my first ever ride on Megafobia, it shot straight up to (near) the top of my all time favourite coaster, definetly without a shadow of a doubt one of the best coasters we have in the UK. Although it was rather painfull at the back, the front was the best for me, the airitme is just mental, infact, you know the drop where the photo is, the next drop after that, then the climb up hill before the bend, the airtime at the front was that mad, my necklace 'jumped' up and got hooked on my ear.

Then came the night time riding, pitch black, just after it poured down of rain for about 30mins, was absolutely sensational, if the ride was like that all day and night, it would be my No.1, but as its only like that at night or after/during rain, its just joint No.1.

Now I know why it was once 'The best coaster in the world'. Feckin whored it to death

9/10 (It doesn't get 10/10, simpily because there is no perfect coaster, although this is close)

Bobsleigh

w00t! What fun. Firstly, I'll do the bragging of not using my brake once, but I'll admit, when I went on it after it had rain, I shat myself, even on the first bend its was rocking side to side badly. And there was me laughing on the lifthill at some bloke who fell off midway down, I had to use the brake constantly, the whole way down. Yeah, I pooed my pants on a faimly ride!

8/10

Spooky 3D

Well this did take me by surprise, I was expecting a cross between Hocus Pocus Hall & Bleezys Bobs trail (AI), but this ride scared the crap out of me, that stupid bloke who falls form the ceiling next to the car nearlly gave me a 'connory' and that fog horn, which is blown at full pelt next your head made me scream like a bitch. I couldn't believe that little kids were going on it, that horn must seriously do them some damage.

1/10 (Because I nearly died(but apart form them bits, 7/10))

Waterfall/Tea Tray/Tea Tree

Your probably thinking "Tea Tree, WTF?", well for some reason, thats what I kept calling it, I didn't mean to, I just did. I only went on this once, mainly becuase I know I'll fall in and also I had more enjoyment watching other people, Charlie & Mince went on it loads, I wasn't bothered at all, got to see some ediots fall in etc.

7/10

And thats about it really, I'll get one with the photo's now, please not these photos are in no particular order form the 2days we were there:

w00t! Our next destination, Oakwood!

Now then, Huss make decent flats, they should leave the towers to S&S

I can't think of much to say, just what a ride!

Me and Mince on Speed!

A fun drop, that I thought would be more thrilling than fun!

Me & Mince magically swapped seats!

Anyone for supports?

Violent airtime hill!

Weeeee

Didn't do the Skycoaster, been on enough of them to know what their like.

Me on my only go on Waterfalls, go soaked, really not surprised.

Charlie and mince have ago, what a surprise, they come off bone dry

Mince has a pathetic excuse for a smile, he looks like he's eating a turd or something along the same lines.

I just look extremely gay in this picture, with my hair going all over the place, in excitment of course as I'm riding my new love!

I don't even want to talk about this ride, infact I regret taking this picture.

For tea one day we decided to go to the nearest McDonalds, which to our surprise was sign posted, then we realised that all McDonalds we saw in Wales were sign posted, how cool. Also this McD's had plasma tv's on the walls, each showing different channels, quite annoying when can't hear either of them because the music is being played, but never mind, I didn't go there to watch tv.

Back in Oakwood, we go the magic factory, which wasn't very magic at all, but still it was kind of fun.

Worst thing about Speed, it gave me a bad head after every ride, but it wasn't rough :?

"Suck on my chocolate salty balls"

Some girlys having fun on Speed.

Charlie, nearly falling in. Oh that would have been priceless, for me anyway.

Shes fully prepared this time, that poncho will keep soooo dry if she falls in

Bobby Bobseigh, unfortunetly its the only photo I got of it, bummer!

The nightime entertainment Oakwood put on was pretty fab, especially the fireworks.

But nightime riding on Megafobia waslike DA BEST FING EVA!!1!!!1!!!

Um, thats kind of it for the Oakwood photos, but heres some photos of the most boring journey ever, form South Wales to Blackpool, 4 hours of driving on stupid hilly roads, by the sea, though valleys, constantly stuck behind some slow arse.

Urgh, BORING!

This is where the sea cam right by the road(at the bottom of the cliff) and thats all thats stopping my from falling 100ft into the ocean :?

Such beautifull views, which made me sweat like mad.

"As I drive through the valley of the shadow of death, I take a look at that wall and realise" THATS WHATS STOPPING ME FROM FALLING INTO THAT VALLEY???

I made friends with some clouds

But they woudln't leave me alone.

And thats it for this part, hope you enjoyed it, next up, my worst ever visit to Blackpool.

-Martyn

Oakwood

Now then, I love going to parks that I have never been to before, so much excitment of not knowing what to expect and this park was no exception.

We spent 2 days at Oakwood and I was thinking to myself on the way there that 2 days is too much and we would get bored, but boy was I wrong, I could have spent a week at Oakwood. Theres something about it thats great, its got character, it has charm, also it has awsome rides and its one the cheapest parks in the country.

So, as you've already guessed, I love this little park, the view you get when you first turn off the road in the car park area bit is fantastic, just everything about it makes me fall in love with it, its definetly one of my favourite parks, shame its 400miles away from me!

Anyway, heres what I thought of the rides:

Speed

Honestly, just an average coaster to me, with a swanky lift hill and drop, although it was very intense. I honestly don't know what all the fuss is about it. Although the 'roar' this coaster makes is on par with the B&M 'roar'.

7/10

Hydro

I don't know why but these kind of rides make me a bit nervous, buts its still awsome. I sat on the left, it was pretty scary not being able to see and track or supports when I looked over the egde! The 'roar' and 'rumble' this ride makes is awsome aswell!

8/10

Bounce

Um, yeah, not much good to say about this, as its kind of crap and very forceless, I suppose it has good capacity :?

4/10

Megafobia

After my first ever ride on Megafobia, it shot straight up to (near) the top of my all time favourite coaster, definetly without a shadow of a doubt one of the best coasters we have in the UK. Although it was rather painfull at the back, the front was the best for me, the airitme is just mental, infact, you know the drop where the photo is, the next drop after that, then the climb up hill before the bend, the airtime at the front was that mad, my necklace 'jumped' up and got hooked on my ear.

Then came the night time riding, pitch black, just after it poured down of rain for about 30mins, was absolutely sensational, if the ride was like that all day and night, it would be my No.1, but as its only like that at night or after/during rain, its just joint No.1.

Now I know why it was once 'The best coaster in the world'. Feckin whored it to death

9/10 (It doesn't get 10/10, simpily because there is no perfect coaster, although this is close)

Bobsleigh

w00t! What fun. Firstly, I'll do the bragging of not using my brake once, but I'll admit, when I went on it after it had rain, I shat myself, even on the first bend its was rocking side to side badly. And there was me laughing on the lifthill at some bloke who fell off midway down, I had to use the brake constantly, the whole way down. Yeah, I pooed my pants on a faimly ride!

8/10

Spooky 3D

Well this did take me by surprise, I was expecting a cross between Hocus Pocus Hall & Bleezys Bobs trail (AI), but this ride scared the crap out of me, that stupid bloke who falls form the ceiling next to the car nearlly gave me a 'connory' and that fog horn, which is blown at full pelt next your head made me scream like a bitch. I couldn't believe that little kids were going on it, that horn must seriously do them some damage.

1/10 (Because I nearly died(but apart form them bits, 7/10))

Waterfall/Tea Tray/Tea Tree

Your probably thinking "Tea Tree, WTF?", well for some reason, thats what I kept calling it, I didn't mean to, I just did. I only went on this once, mainly becuase I know I'll fall in and also I had more enjoyment watching other people, Charlie & Mince went on it loads, I wasn't bothered at all, got to see some ediots fall in etc.

7/10

And thats about it really, I'll get one with the photo's now, please not these photos are in no particular order form the 2days we were there:

w00t! Our next destination, Oakwood!

Now then, Huss make decent flats, they should leave the towers to S&S

I can't think of much to say, just what a ride!

Me and Mince on Speed!

A fun drop, that I thought would be more thrilling than fun!

Me & Mince magically swapped seats!

Anyone for supports?

Violent airtime hill!

Weeeee

Didn't do the Skycoaster, been on enough of them to know what their like.

Me on my only go on Waterfalls, go soaked, really not surprised.

Charlie and mince have ago, what a surprise, they come off bone dry

Mince has a pathetic excuse for a smile, he looks like he's eating a turd or something along the same lines.

I just look extremely gay in this picture, with my hair going all over the place, in excitment of course as I'm riding my new love!

I don't even want to talk about this ride, infact I regret taking this picture.

For tea one day we decided to go to the nearest McDonalds, which to our surprise was sign posted, then we realised that all McDonalds we saw in Wales were sign posted, how cool. Also this McD's had plasma tv's on the walls, each showing different channels, quite annoying when can't hear either of them because the music is being played, but never mind, I didn't go there to watch tv.

Back in Oakwood, we go the magic factory, which wasn't very magic at all, but still it was kind of fun.

Worst thing about Speed, it gave me a bad head after every ride, but it wasn't rough :?

"Suck on my chocolate salty balls"

Some girlys having fun on Speed.

Charlie, nearly falling in. Oh that would have been priceless, for me anyway.

Shes fully prepared this time, that poncho will keep soooo dry if she falls in

Bobby Bobseigh, unfortunetly its the only photo I got of it, bummer!

The nightime entertainment Oakwood put on was pretty fab, especially the fireworks.

But nightime riding on Megafobia waslike DA BEST FING EVA!!1!!!1!!!

Um, thats kind of it for the Oakwood photos, but heres some photos of the most boring journey ever, form South Wales to Blackpool, 4 hours of driving on stupid hilly roads, by the sea, though valleys, constantly stuck behind some slow arse.

Urgh, BORING!

This is where the sea cam right by the road(at the bottom of the cliff) and thats all thats stopping my from falling 100ft into the ocean :?

Such beautifull views, which made me sweat like mad.

"As I drive through the valley of the shadow of death, I take a look at that wall and realise" THATS WHATS STOPPING ME FROM FALLING INTO THAT VALLEY???

I made friends with some clouds

But they woudln't leave me alone.

And thats it for this part, hope you enjoyed it, next up, my worst ever visit to Blackpool.

-Martyn

• 2 weeks later...

Blackpool

Well this was my worst ever visit to Blackpool, Blackpool is bad enough as it is, but when the Pleasure beach pees you off, you know yuor stuck with nothing to do apart from get mugged.

The Pleasure Beach peed off in so many ways:

Closing times advertsied on Internet and leaflets were 10/1030pm, but in actual fact the park closed as 9pm, with the ride queue's beign closed at about 8pm and Roller Coaster closed a 6pm both days.

Grand National never opened, on either day, although at the reception it said it would be open soon.

PMBO, queue pen completely full, so they run 1 train! Same with Big Dipper.

Log Flume & Valhalla were closed for some time on both days.

My half price wristband voucher wouldn't be accpeted for the evening price of wristbands (£18), I had to pay half the price for a £29 wristband, even though it was 6:30pm.

All this peed me off a lot, and everytime I left the Pleasure Beach, ticket touts would come up to me and ask me if they could nick my wristband for their children, but at the same time they were trying to sell them to people going in the other direction, there were a few people doing this, adn there were also people selling 3 for 2/2 for 1 vouchers outside the main entrance, constantly bombarding me everytime I took a step.

Anyway, heres some pics, sorry there not too many, I kept forgetting to take my camara out, but I suppose when your in Blackpool, thats a good thing.

We arrive in Blackpool

Our lovely hotel

Our room

Trams, one of the few things in Blackpool that are not tacky

Such a lovely beach

The crazy South Pier

w00t!

Our first stop

We get to BPB to fidn this, completely full queue pen, ride running minimum capacity, well done BPB

When I took this photo, the excitment was kind of building, but now its not

A picture that everyone has

I tried to ge a photo of the 'lieing' sign, which says that the PMBO is Europes tallest. BPB's new ride was visable from PMBO.

The next day looked like it would be the same as the last, but they did eventually put 2 trains on, eventually

This is how GN stood for the 2 days we were there

But RC was open, for all of 6 hours each day

I really like RC, I don't know why, it just has character and charm

Peeka boo, I see you!

I nearlly forgot ot mention, PMBO was running very slow, crawling over the top of every crest, it even crawled along the turn around, I really did think it was going to roll back

I like this photo, I dunno why, I just do

I suppose to some people, the Sandcastle is now home to a credit

Me and mince come prepared in our DLP ponchos

Even though the poncho was tucked under my trainers, my feet still got soaked on the second drop, aload of water came shooting from behind, how does that happen?

This is another picture I like

I just had to get a photo of the Log Flume, it would be rude of me not to

And thats it for this update, just one more left, Skegness!

• 4 months later...

Well, finally I've gotten round to posting these pics.

After an extremely dissapointing trip to Blackpool, we arrive at sunny Skegness, ready to have lots of fun!

First things first, lets go act like children in the 'paddling' area.

Yeah I kicked his arse, dont you worry

Charlie up to no good as usual.

I've just realised that Photobucket has added my photo's in a completely random order and I can't be bothered to sort them, so apologies if the pics go from one thing to another!

Skeggy's illuminations

Botton's at night, looking fabulastic as usual

Our 'usual' apartments

Everybody say "Hi Pete"

Our room for the next 4 nights

Yeah we went boling again, but I ain't going to post them picutres

Mincey on the now 'defunct' Paratrooper

Me and Mincey 'rocking' and 'rolling' with strangers

Mince and Charles prepare fot the best damn dodgems EVER!

OoOo, spooky!

We went and saw a tribute band at Big Top, a tribute to Queen obviously, and they ROCKED!

Now we have a seal, stupid photobucket

You just can't beat some good ol' Match of the day

More baby seals

And some Spongebob

With more baby seals......what ever next...

Chipmunks!

"I are serious seal"

This is where the animal photo's are coming from

Its a real life "Go-Gator"

"Dead dog alert"

No, seriously, these dogs are homeless, bless them, they're so cute, I want them all!

Keiths Rescue Dogs comes to Skegness town centre during the summer, just to show off their dogs and raise some money.

"Stop taking photo's of me! I will do more than sniff your crotch next time!!!"

This is a nice pic, its shows just how steep JO's first drop is

Umm, yeah, I've aready explained this situation

Absolutely Insane

Mince showing off how you should ocme down the slide, ironically, my boat is on the right :?

Beast, I don't it that much, it makes me go red

Nice shot of Volcano

More Freddie

Gay

Another good shot of AI

Night falls, and I must say that the west side of the park became extremely busy, with a fantastic atmosphere

Night time falls indoors aswell

Didn't expect this view when I went to the bog

More FI at night

More Freddie

And more of the usual signage

Thank you Tub, for taking us on this beloved journey

A view from half way up Volcano

Me, this time in a full inflated boat, getting f*cking soaked!!

I have too many photo's of Rockin' Roller

Now technically thats not true, if the winds pick up to 6mph, JO closes, which spoils my visit

A nice shot of Skeggy from the Giant Wheel at Bottons

And that has finally wrapped up this PTR.

Just to let you know we have planned another massive summer trip for this summer, but this one is a lot bigger, and lasting nearlly 2 weeks! w00t!

As usual, hope you enjoyed!

And untill next time, good night!