TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Is Wild Thing running a two train operation on the weekends for the haunt along with Renegade? I visited Valleyfair a lot this summer never had a issue while waiting in line for Wild Thing, when I went all summer long lines for Wild Thing and Renegade were walk ons. One reason I'm going this weekend is to finally get to do some night rides on Renegade in the back of the woods along with Wild Thing and xtreme swing didn't get a chance to ride them at night during the summer.

Also does Mr. Frazier read these forums for ride ideas for Valleyfair or expansion ideas? Valleyfair could get some new toll booths like Carowinds is getting for Fury and a new sing for there 40th anniversary. Someone needs to talk with Mr. Frazier for getting a new B&M inverted coaster for the 2016 season and it is there 40th anniversary if he is aware of it? Even if we don't get a new coaster for 2016 season I would like to see a new giant thrill ride like max air 150 feet put it were the old chaos use to sit in front of the park and add a lake erie flying eagles like at Cedar Point were the old scrambler use to sit nothing there but just a bunch of benches and flags plenty of space for one. They can add two new rides then in 2017 add a new coaster. Cedar Fair seems to be happy with Valleyfair about being a growth park? There's some ideas.

Is Wild Thing running a two train operation on the weekends for the haunt along with Renegade? I visited Valleyfair a lot this summer never had a issue while waiting in line for Wild Thing, when I went all summer long lines for Wild Thing and Renegade were walk ons. One reason I'm going this weekend is to finally get to do some night rides on Renegade in the back of the woods along with Wild Thing and xtreme swing didn't get a chance to ride them at night during the summer.

On Saturday, I only saw Wild Thing running two trains, though a couple people have mentioned they say it only running one. Renegade was only running one train mid-to-late afternoon, but running two trains when we got back to it about 9:30pm. Our last ride on Wild Thing was at 10:30, and it was about a 30 minute wait with a long queue. Probably the longest I've seen the queue, but the weather was gorgeous Saturday so the crowd was big.

Wild Thing in the dark with the fog was amazing. It had excellent air time on Saturday, and it seemed to be running faster, though I'm sure the darkness and fog just made it feel that way.

Someone needs to talk with Mr. Frazier for getting a new B&M inverted coaster for the 2016 season and it is there 40th anniversary if he is aware of it?

I learned of the 40th from Frazier, he's definitely aware of it and wants to see something special done. If he had the money he'd see something special done, but since he doesn't, he has to wait for Cedar Fair. And CF is realizing the potential in it's smaller parks, because having 4 high profit parks is nice, but having 8 or 12 is even better.

When do amusement parks usually start talking about there next season or making plans on what they want to get either for expansion, a new ride or roller coaster?

All year. It never really "starts" or "stops". Opening weekend this year we began talking about Halloween. By now we're thinking of internal improvements besides what the guests see.

Also does Mr. Frazier read these forums for ride ideas for Valleyfair or expansion ideas? Valleyfair could get some new toll booths like Carowinds is getting for Fury and a new sing for there 40th anniversary. Someone needs to talk with Mr. Frazier for getting a new B&M inverted coaster for the 2016 season and it is there 40th anniversary if he is aware of it? Even if we don't get a new coaster for 2016 season I would like to see a new giant thrill ride like max air 150 feet put it were the old chaos use to sit in front of the park and add a lake erie flying eagles like at Cedar Point were the old scrambler use to sit nothing there but just a bunch of benches and flags plenty of space for one. They can add two new rides then in 2017 add a new coaster. Cedar Fair seems to be happy with Valleyfair about being a growth park? There's some ideas.

He is well aware of the 40th anniversary. When I briefly discussed a b&m invert a few months ago he said we would be definitely not getting something the size of banshee. Which is a reasonable assumption. The last thing we need is more toll booths, we already have 5 or 6. From what I've seen from working at the park, they only use 1 or two booths per day, so we are ample with booths. Its also kind of hard just to ask him for one, its a lot more complicated then that. He is a busy guy, and it might get tiring of people asking the same question a lot, I'm sure he's been asked before.Im a bit uncomfortable being pushy and asking questions about things we shouldn't know about until they actually want us to. By the way, garyman, when is the next hint coming out?

I asked about the dollar amount of Soak City expansion. He said it was over 6 million. I asked about the splash pad area and why it wasn't something bigger. Mr. Frazier told me that the expansions that will be added next year will give them options for the next few years. He added that people have asked why they were adding more drop slides when they already have two. I asked him if VF plans to paint and freshen up the existing slides. Mr. Frazier just laughed and gave me an answer that suggested that the existing slide complex may be on the chopping block in the next few years and replaced with new. I really got that impression when he mentioned having options....Of course he can't say much but it sounds like corporate is please with Valleyfair's performance despite the floods earlier in the year. He also said that if you had asked him what was coming to Valleyfair in 2016 he could have probably told you what was coming but he said that has now changed. What that exactly means is anybody's guess but we can speculate. That's all I can remember right now. I'll post more later and I still owe another hint from rumors that I have heard for 2016.

Thanks for sharing the information from GM Frazier, it was fun to hit the park and meet you on Saturday. That is great news to hear about them removing the games island, patio and bathrooms for the waterpark expansion. If they put pavers in walking path there that will just look great. Also good news to hear that this probably isn't the only expansion for the waterpark over the next few years, happy they chose the slide package they did because it looks better than a Snake Pit like other CF parks. With this additional information I am much more appreciative of the expansion, especially with how they will redesign that walking path between the water park and Mad Mouse. Interesting how GM Dave says "plans have changed for 2016". Hopefully for the better compared to what plans they already had in place. And thanks to the others posting their Haunt experiences, it will help me plan when I go.

So hopefully the main reason that they're taking out the bathrooms next to Mad Mouse is so they can help visitor traffic flow better in that area. On busy Saturdays during Summer, it can be a hassle getting around in that area. Also, if they're taking out the game booth there to make room for the slide tower, then that tower will probably be bigger than I was originally thinking.

^ The parade was the only thing I missed. When/where was it? I also don't understand why they didn't have 3 trains running, because it was like a 20ish minute wait. It would've been a lot worse though if they only had one train running, I'm glad they had two. Right before I got on the train before me stopped on the lift hill, better them than me. On the topic of WT, I find it a lot more fun in the dark during Haunt season because you go diving into the fog. Just me? :

Maybe "parade" is an overstatement. Around 6:30 they open up the gate to the other side by the first aid station, and all the monsters come out en masse with a drummer and carrying huge banners with the name of the haunt that they're going to.

Valleyfair's monsters seem almost entirely young people, at Six Flags Great Adventure they had quite a few older people, but maybe there's a lot of aging wanna-be actors in the New York area. (like the one that ambushed my sister while she was standing around waiting for me to use the restroom and caused her to injure her ankle when she jumped). I'm 40 and I couldn't take that amount of standing and screaming, but I do think it would be fun to work Hellside for some reason.

I kind of get the area that the park in general was just overwhelmed- it took 20 minutes to buy a cheeseburger meal.

Surprised that if they're going to remove the dining patio, games, and restrooms a single slide tower and a tiny kids area are all that's going in. The people that are questioning why more speed slides obviously haven't A)ridden a trapdoor slide, B)Ridden the speed slides at Noah's, which are comparible in height to the new ones C) Had a swimming suit ripped up by how rough the existing speed slides are.

^ The parade was the only thing I missed. When/where was it? I also don't understand why they didn't have 3 trains running, because it was like a 20ish minute wait. It would've been a lot worse though if they only had one train running, I'm glad they had two. Right before I got on the train before me stopped on the lift hill, better them than me. On the topic of WT, I find it a lot more fun in the dark during Haunt season because you go diving into the fog. Just me? :

Maybe "parade" is an overstatement. Around 6:30 they open up the gate to the other side by the first aid station, and all the monsters come out en masse with a drummer and carrying huge banners with the name of the haunt that they're going to.

Valleyfair's monsters seem almost entirely young people, at Six Flags Great Adventure they had quite a few older people, but maybe there's a lot of aging wanna-be actors in the New York area. (like the one that ambushed my sister while she was standing around waiting for me to use the restroom and caused her to injure her ankle when she jumped). I'm 40 and I couldn't take that amount of standing and screaming, but I do think it would be fun to work Hellside for some reason.

I'll have to check it out next time- I was actually going to stick around by High Roller/First Aid at about 6:15, but I didn't want to miss the Thriller ceremony. I've noticed lots of young people as well, in fact I know quite a few of them from school and whatnot. I planned on working there this fall, but something came up preventing that so I'm really hoping to next year. I for some reason want to be in Zombie High. I also want to audition for Live Entertainment next year. Will it happen? Probably not, but hey, a girl can dream.

C) Had a swimming suit ripped up by how rough the existing speed slides are.

I agree. The Panic Falls Speed Slides are without a doubt the roughest rides in the entire park. They're definitely rougher than any rough moments on Excalibur. Never had my swimsuit torn up on it, but it doesn't change the fact that those slides are awful. Thankfully, with the new speed slides coming, I won't have a need to ride the old ones ever again.

If the new slides cost $6 million Renegade cost $6.5 million Wild Thing $10 million. How much money does Valleyfair actually have? Does Valleyfair get money from Cedar Fair also? Wild Thing $10 million we could get a good sized B&M inverted coaster around $12 million? Valleyfair could invest in there next roller coaster put some money into it.

If the new slides cost $6 million Renegade cost $6.5 million Wild Thing $10 million. How much money does Valleyfair actually have? Does Valleyfair get money from Cedar Fair also? Wild Thing $10 million we could get a good sized B&M inverted coaster around $12 million? Valleyfair could invest in there next roller coaster put some money into it.

Rember that inflation goes into these costs as well. CF probably got a 3 ride deal on the Morgan Hypers so that's why Wild Thing is cheaper.

So, this is really random but do any of us ever do meet ups at VF? I feel like I've probably ran into you all (or some of you) a ton of times, but I don't know like any of you haha. But maybe I'll see some of you sometime!

I usually see a few enthusiasts every time I'm at the park (I assume they're enthusiasts since they're wearing coaster/theme park shirts), but I don't know if they're anyone that normally posts on this thread. I think I've probably seen valleyfairfanatic at the park, but I'm not sure about everyone else.

So, this is really random but do any of us ever do meet ups at VF? I feel like I've probably ran into you all (or some of you) a ton of times, but I don't know like any of you haha. But maybe I'll see some of you sometime!

I just met garyman6 for the first time last weekend and had a good time and I am always up for meeting other theme park enthusiasts/'geeks'. And this goes for anyone on this thread, just send me a PM through this site or make a blanket post on here about a meet up at the park and I am there. It would be fun to get together and meet some of people behind the posts. Personally I think we should all try to meet up on the last Saturday or Sunday this year for sure just to say we rode coasters in November in Minnesota.

I just met garyman6 for the first time last weekend and had a good time and I am always up for meeting other theme park enthusiasts/'geeks'. And this goes for anyone on this thread, just send me a PM through this site or make a blanket post on here about a meet up at the park and I am there. It would be fun to get together and meet some of people behind the posts. Personally I think we should all try to meet up on the last Saturday or Sunday this year for sure just to say we rode coasters in November in Minnesota.

I would LOVE to do that! But I'm in a play those days so my last ride of the season will be Halloween. But yes, we should try to have some sort of meet up, even if it's quick, before the season's over. It would be cool to finally see some of the faces behind some of these posts. I'm sure I'm easy to point out, I'm one of the only girls who posts regularly on this thread Feel free to shoot me a PM (or tweet me, if you have a Twitter) of when you (any of you) will be in the park next, maybe I'll be there or something.

On the topic of the restroom by Mad Mouse getting removed, I think that they ought to rebuild it somewhere else in that general vicinity because, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's the closest restroom to the back of the park. The next closest one is the one near Hydroblaster Hill, which is a long walk just to use the restroom if you're coming from the far back of the park. I probably sound silly thinking this hard about restrooms, but I guess it's something to consider. Maybe they could move Wheel of Fortune over to the old Tilter spot and rebuild the restroom there, but that probably won't happen.

On the topic of the restroom by Mad Mouse getting removed, I think that they ought to rebuild it somewhere else in that general vicinity because, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's the closest restroom to the back of the park. The next closest one is the one near Hydroblaster Hill, which is a long walk just to use the restroom if you're coming from the far back of the park. I probably sound silly thinking this hard about restrooms, but I guess it's something to consider. Maybe they could move Wheel of Fortune over to the old Tilter spot and rebuild the restroom there, but that probably won't happen.

There is a restroom in chickies and Petes, also one in soak city, I'm sure they'll add more restrooms along with the expansion