TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Metallica Album

metrock

Saw the guys last year at Wembley Stadium, was an Awesome gig, they are sounding tighter in these last couple of years than they have done for the past 10 years, Rick Rubin is doing a great job with them, if the little clips on mission metallica are anything to go by this will be an album of similar scale to Master of Puppets! (we can hope anyway!)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me Metallica died with Cliff Burton. Ive always found it weird how my favorite Metallica albums go by year released.

1. Kill Em All

2. Ride The Lightning

3. Master of Puppets

4. ...And Justice For All

Their first three albums were masterpieces, the fourth album was really good, and every album after that is just regular 90s not-so-special rock. I really hope their new album is good and doesnt make my ears bleed like St Anger.

I felt like the song didn't have a focused direction. It changes pace a few too many times for me.

It almost feels like they are trying to send a message to the fans like "Hey check out this part, doesn't it sound like our old stuff?" So they'll do like some crazy speed guitar but it just comes off as a little cheap to me and not well thought out.

They haven't come up with a new song in a long while where I've liked the inner core of the song that I can really get behind... And with this one, though not horrible, it pretty much has no inner core.

Maybe I'll be happier with the rest of the CD where they aren't trying to pack a bunch of stuff into one song they think will impress people on the radio.

• 3 weeks later...

Listened to the entire album today and was pleasently surprised. On some songs the lyrics just seemed really random and didnt fit the riff, some songs sounded just like songs from other albums (That Was Just Your Life - Blackened, the Day That Never Comes - Fade To Black). It was nice to hear some actual good music come from them again though after the last 4 albums sucked.

I got the album on Sunday from my uncle, and I was really surprised about it. Now it wasn't any Black Album, Master of Puppets, or ...And Justice For All, but it is a good album. It has a totally new sound that all the other albums they have released, but that is a good thing. I have gotten sick of My Apocolypse and they Day That Never Comes, they just don't seem that good.

--Chris

I heard a good deal of their new album on XM radio recently, and could always tell it was Metallica without even looking at the display....sadly this was because it sounded like the same crap as their last couple of albums and was only getting airtime because of who they used to be. I say bring back Dave Mustaine, at least he can write them some good stuff, since they're all too deaf to hear it for themselves.

I heard a good deal of their new album on XM radio recently, and could always tell it was Metallica without even looking at the display....sadly this was because it sounded like the same crap as their last couple of albums and was only getting airtime because of who they used to be. I say bring back Dave Mustaine, at least he can write them some good stuff, since they're all too deaf to hear it for themselves.

I sadly have to agree with Derek. Metallica is still one of my favorite bands, but I have not been very impressed with the last several albums...well honestly nothing since Justice has really done it for me. What is the deal with the sound recordings of the last two albums, are they into trying to making them sound worse than they should?

^ Actually I was a little quick on my first response. When I ran the album on my living room system it sounded MUCH better. I accidently put the CD on a low bi rate setting when I transferred it to my Ipod, which is a bad thing for this record.

While not as strong as the first 4, I now do like it.

To me Metallica died with Cliff Burton. Ive always found it weird how my favorite Metallica albums go by year released.

1. Kill Em All

2. Ride The Lightning

3. Master of Puppets

4. ...And Justice For All

Their first three albums were masterpieces, the fourth album was really good, and every album after that is just regular 90s not-so-special rock. I really hope their new album is good and doesnt make my ears bleed like St Anger.

I agree. Cliff was the man! I am looking forward to getting the new album however.

I have just finished listening to this one time through and I gotta say I like it a lot, as much as RTL or MoP? Maybe not, but this album is better, IMO than St. Anger. Getting tickets tomorrow morning for their show in Columbus 11/9. Does it sound the same as all other Metallica? well, yes, that is why I like it. Kinda the same reason i ride the same coasters over and over again. I like it. That was Just Your Life, Judas Kiss and All Nightmare Long are fantastic, just so much more hard driving riffs in this than St. Anger.

Can not wait to see this live.

Okay before I say this, just know that I really like metal. A lot. I listen to it all the time, and listen to a lot of bands, Metallica being one of them.

And THIS IS ALL MY OPINION!!! Don't flame me for what I'm saying, none of this "how can you say that?" stuff, I won't listen to it.

This album is horrible. I mean NOTHING about it is any good. Metallica is just different now, and they are running out of ideas for songs. The drumming sounds like basic rock beat, Lars isn't that amazing. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE their old stuff. Black Album is fantastic, but this new stuff is just crap. I mean which song do you think is better, "The Day That Never Comes" or "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)"? In my opinion, the latter, and the former just sounds like they were trying to copy the success of Sanitarium and make a "new version". They just arn't doing anything new, it sounds like all the same stuff and it's boring! They were once a great band, but now they are too mainstream and produce songs that "appeal to the masses," not songs that are awesome and you have to have a taste for.

That being said, if you don't own any Metallica and are considering buying this, don't. Pick up some of their older albums, like Black Album, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, and Kill 'Em All. You will be MUCH happier with these than this new crap.

That's what I think about this album.

Bought the album the day it was release as my pre-order did not turn up....I love it, all the tracks are hard driving, they are perfect Metallica tracks, which just love being played at loud volumes!!!

I also saw them live on Monday night at the O2 Arena in London, what an Awesome show, played 5 of the new tracks, That was just your life, end of the line, BBS, Cyanide and The day that never comes, also did some of the classics, One, Master, Seek, and also chucked in some of the older stuff they don't play live very often, Wolf and Man, Until it sleeps, was an awesome gig, when they come back to the UK next year, I will be first in line for tickets!!!!