TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR Cedar Point & Geauga Lake 7/12-7/15 (pics up)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have some very nice photos in your Photo TR. Wow! It looked like you had some Florida weather while you were there, but that usually cleans the park out... Anyways we are planning to finally go to CP next year, it looks like a decent place.

I think Wolf Bobs was retracked before the 2005 season

Six Flags started re-tracking it before they sold and then Cedar Fair completed the job over two seasons. It is probably in the best shape it has been in many years, but still totally sucks with the G-trains.

Holden, I hope you are kidding about the whole "bobs" thing

Wish the weather could've been better for you.

We really didn't mind the weather because I think it would have been more crowded if it was a clear, sunny day.

Holden, I hope you are kidding about the whole "bobs" thing

Well if maybe it has some special meaning behind it...

Glad you had a good time.

I did definitly "grey-out" on the first loop of Double Loop.

I loved X-Flight but had bruises where the restraints held me.

I had two very different experiences on Villian. Front Seat (Black Train) -Simply Amazing ride. Second row (Black Train) worst woody in history (yes worse than SOB.)

Glad you went to Geauga Lake and not just Cedar Point. It has some hidden gems believe it or not.

You should of done the parks the other way round as you were spoilt for choice at Cedar Point.

I went to Cedar Point (Kings Island 2 days later) in 2000 when MF was only a month old, it's 1st drop is never ending and you think you are going to land on the miniature railway track.

I love MF def in my top 3 steel's. It's lift-hill light show at night is so amazing, why can't other parks light up their coasters in a similar way.

I liked "Mean Streak" nice and fast, shame not much but it's not really built for that.

Magnum was heaven, so smooth for it's age.

It did rain for 20 mins and I was in one of "Mantis" trains when they closed the ride cos of lightning.

Never been to Geauga Lake so I can't say what their rides are like.

What is the driving distance between the 2 parks.

-----------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking of doing Cedar Point, SFGA and the Dell's parks in 2008, would 3 weeks be enough for this..?

What is the driving distance between the 2 parks.

It was about an hour drive from Cleveland airport to Sandusky, and going from Sandusky to Aurora (Geauga Lake) you drive past the airport, and then it's maybe...20 minutes further? I fell asleep on the ride back and woke up at CP parking lot...

I'm thinking of doing Cedar Point, SFGA and the Dell's parks in 2008, would 3 weeks be enough for this..?

I would assume 3 weeks would be enough time to do a lot more than just 3 parks, but I don't know how far away they are from each other, and what transportation you'd use. Geauga Lake is a pretty nice park too, with 10 easy credits to get.

edit - By the way, thanks to everyone for the nice comments.

• 2 weeks later...