TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb & Elissa on TV??

Mystiko

Hey folks,

Did anyone from the UK check out Sky Three's 'Extreme Rides' programme, which was on from 2.25am this morning (July 12th)???

I only really pop by this site to check out the reviews and vids, but think i'd recognise elissa anywhere. (a good or bad thing, you decide)

During a segment on ghostrider, an on-ride clip showing who i thought were robb and elissa sat side-by-side was played. Elissa was wearing a purple top, and robb looked like he was wearing a faintly checkered shirt (although i might be mistaken)....It's all in the little details =]

Am i correct?

James

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Did anyone from the UK check out Sky Three's 'Extreme Rides' programme, which was on from 2.25am this morning (July 12th)???

I only really pop by this site to check out the reviews and vids, but think i'd recognise elissa anywhere. (a good or bad thing, you decide)

During a segment on ghostrider, an on-ride clip showing who i thought were robb and elissa sat side-by-side was played. Elissa was wearing a purple top, and robb looked like he was wearing a faintly checkered shirt (although i might be mistaken)....It's all in the little details =]

Am i correct?

James

Yup! That was us!

--Robb

Elissa also had her own show, which I shared with some of the peeps on the UK tour!

I've posted some pictures of both Robb and Elissa in this thread. They even made it all the way to Soren in Germany

I believe this was the scene in question

"Stupid Knott's Berry Farm!"

Elissa did a full ride commentary for batman The Ride @ SFMM on a movie i recently got called eXtreme rollercoasters.

" Going down the drop (Bump) pulling so many G's!" surely an SFMM local like you was WAY too exited to ride that clone!

• 1 year later...
Elissa did a full ride commentary for batman The Ride @ SFMM on a movie i recently got called eXtreme rollercoasters.

" Going down the drop (Bump) pulling so many G's!" surely an SFMM local like you was WAY too exited to ride that clone!

I just got this DVD too, and I've got to say: Elissa was definitely the highlight.

I didn't even finish the video, but of what I saw (which was almost too much) it was pretty bad. At one point, it completely cut back to something it had already shown, and showed the same clips of footage way too many times. Also, it only showed a coaster outside of California once, to go all the way to Las Vegas.

Roller coaster videos really don't age well.

• 9 months later...

Don't know if this was the same show, but on Discovery HD there was a show with the top 5 wooden and top 5 steel. #5 Wooden had an old anchor from my station I work at on it as the on ride commentator and some other roller coaster site that I won't name on it also. Then on the #4 wooden coaster was Ghostrider, I don't know how long ago this show was filmed, but Robb didn't look like he does now. Ellisa looks the same in the show as her current pictures are. HDTV is so nice to watch because the quality blows everything else out of the water.

^ That was from 2002. So it wasn't "true" HD, just upconverted.

It still looked nice, but not as nice as a true HD filmed program.

Actually, it WAS shot in true HD! The Japanese TV station NHK brought in the BIGGEST camera I've ever seen and mounted it to GhostRider since the show was a joint effort between NHK, Termite art, and Discovery.

It was probably one of the first HD coaster specials shot. They were talking about how Japan was pretty much all HD at the time and someday it would come to the USA.

--Robb "Somewhere out there is footage of me overdubbed in Japanese on GhostRider!" Alvey

My friend recorded that show on his DVR, and I came over and watched it yesterday. It was pretty amusing. You guys were talking about how great Ghostrider is and all the good airtime and G's it has. Robb was the talking head. Elissa just kind of sat there.

It made me sad because Ghostrider used to live up to your standards. But now it's really a shadow of its former self. I rode it in 2002 and loved it, and I rode it again in 2006, and it slid so far down my list.

It also made me feel weird because I knew some of the people in that video. I knew the woman on Magnum, and I recognized someone in the background. Jeez.