TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEW TPR VIDEO! Nasu Highland, Japan Posted!!!

... now, tell me again why U.S. Parks won't stay open during the winter? It's perfectly safe... just... cold looking.

Funny video though, as always

That would be because the lazy American teenagers that run the rides would complain.

Did it look like the park was making a ton of money that day?

edit: Elissa makes a very good point too

Kumba9 remembers the good ol days ....look at what BGW schedule was like in 1992 that year they stayed open through the end of November, needless to say that they made very little money those days...it was cold and dead!

The normal Sep & Oct schedule through 1997 was fri-tue....very odd indeed

98-99 was fri-mon

00-present fri-sun.

Most coasters could run in the cold but the thing is not many people would ride them in the cold. reminds me of Apollos Chariot's opening day, High of 40 degrees F !!!!!

JEFF

bg1992.JPG.56f6235b6f1dc47371780378c303fb10.JPG

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Thanks for opening up old wounds again..lol

That was brutal schedule (especially since i worked 2 jobs-maitenance & ride ops)!

Good points of view on several of the issues. But, from a management perspective (especially the VA region) it was extremely difficult to tap into the market for employees; even full-time (with sign-on bonuses). It could likely depend on the region the park(s) are located and what type of pay-scale the park would offer as well as benefits package. The Williamsburg area tend to hire the foreign workers now and most of the shops have the 'older' people to work, but they do burn-out also. Perhaps a CF/Paramount park in NC could swing it (and even perhaps PKD), but BGE surely would struggle since its first 'experiment' was a nightmare. Or, I could see a 5-day operation and keep Wed/Thurs days closed.

BTW, has anyone had any problems with the streaming version of this video? I'm still testing out the whole "Streaming video" thing and want to know if there are any issues? Or did you just download it straight away instead of streaming it?

Thanks!

--Robb

At first I streamed it but it was going slow so I just downloaded it and than later in the day the streaming went good so I think it was just my ISP being unreliable like usual.

Tyler "Says they have doubled the speed of my connection, Pff yeah right" Danby

awsome video...i want to ride roller coasters in the snow now and i had no problem streaming the video...i think its easier to run at night because theres less congestion and not to many people are streaming it at the same time..i tried in the afternoon and it was running slower than at night..I hope this helps!

Ahhh, I have fond memories of Big Boom . That video made me want to get on it even more. I seem to be the only one who doesn't care to ride coasters in the snow. There are reasons why less people go theme parks in the winter. It still looks like it was fun.

-Luke