TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

DDR Songs

rcoasters

Robb, I read on a topic that you sometimes play DDR at home and I wanted to know what your favorite song was ? Also, what level do you play on ? ( Light, Standard, Heavy).

Other people may reply as well !

I'll start ; my favorite DDR song is So Deep and I play on heavy ! I stopped DDR a bit though, I prefer ITG because it is harder and the 11-12 foot songs are great

I'm waiting for some replies now ...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DDR for me was kind of like so "2002". We never really played to "play" the game (even though I know that some games are meant to be played) as in master it up to the high levels, to me it was just a fun way to work out, but nowadays I just go to the gym.

3th Mix Korean was always my favorite version followed by 4th mix. Basically, when the versions with the freeze arrows came out, I really kind of lost interest.

--Robb

Robb and I really don't play that much anymore.

Don't remember which were some of my favorite songs! I know I liked 4th mix a lot.

Yeah, the old mixes were so great ! I started back on 1.5th Mix and to me the best mixes they ever made are 4th+ and 5th. As Robb said, when the freeze arrows came over, the game really took another turn.

By the way, it's surprising to see both Elissa and Robb post in my topic

I've done eight whole songs now.

I'm such a dork. I can't do anything past Beginner. And I still get C's.

But my favorite is "La Bamba."

Everyone started there ! It's a matter of time and practice before you can get better ! It's like anything

I've done eight whole songs now.

I'm such a dork. I can't do anything past Beginner. And I still get C's.

But my favorite is "La Bamba."

May I suggest that you speed up the arrows to atleast 2x normal speed when you move into standard of higher modes. It may sound crazy but it helps a lot of people do more difficult songs better. I for one can't do anything under 2x normal speed cause I've gotten so used to the arrows moving that quickly.

And once you get the hang of 1/8 notes you will be amazed what you can do without even thinking about it. Kinda like your feet just move without telling them to.

Yeah, speed mods help a lot though. On ITG, I usually play on 4x for songs under 140 bpm, then 3x for songs between 141 and 185 and so on until 1,5 for fast songs (like Max 300, MaxX Unlimited, Pandemonium, Vertex, etc).

The only disadvantage of playing with speed mods is that when you want to play Oni courses, it's hard to read

^

Yup, I use the same logic with the varrying speeds depending on the BPM's.

Dude, I try songs on heavy that I get AA's on and once I put it back to regular speed I fail in like 30 seconds. It is so hard to untrain your brain once you get used to ampimg up the speed mods.

Did you ever play DDR Extreme 2? I had a hell of a time unlocking some songs on Dancemaster mode as you have to pass varrying tasks in that mode to unlock certain songs. I ended up Game Sharking it cause it got to frustrating to try and learn how to do heavy songs with no speed mods adjustment.

Edit: By the way, do you really like ITG? I got it and just can't get into it much at all. Just curious as to why you like it. Maybe you can convice me that it really is decent.

I never tried DDR Extreme 2 because I think that the American DDR mixes aren't as good as the Japanese ones. I have DDRMAX, DDRMAX2 and DDR Extreme for US PS2 and I don't like them as much as the Japanese mixes.

As for ITG, I like it more than DDR because the songs are more difficult and they provide a real challenge to me compared to DDR. I started on DDR 5 years ago and I lost interest in the game when I passed every 9 foot songs. ITG came out and I thought it looked better and way more fun because of some new additions like mods, marathons, hands, mines and freeze rolls. All those elements add to the difficulty and it's fun ! I like both games, it's just that when I am at the arcade, I tend to play ITG more because these days the DDR cabinets are kinda old and really destroyed (i.e : Arrows don't respond correctly, need to step hard and loud) whereas the ITG cabs are all in mint condition and they are better built.

Edit : Here's a pic of an ITG dedicab :

My favorite songs in DDR are Tsugaru, Drop the bomb, Pandora(Or whatever it's named), Healing Vision, Crash and Max 300.

We got 3 different DDR games for PS2 in my school. So when I'm in the mood, I play some on the lunch brakes.

I, myself, got Dancing Stage Party Mix for PS1 and Dancing Stage Mario Mix. Mario Mix got too few difficult song, like the last one, wich isn't that difficult as I want them to be... >.<

I'd like to try ITG, but there's no place where they got them here where I live. But I might be able to try one in october when I'm going to a gathering for anime geeks with events. They're going to have both ITG and DDR, wich I'm very happy about

As for ITG, I like it more than DDR because the songs are more difficult and they provide a real challenge to me compared to DDR. I started on DDR 5 years ago and I lost interest in the game when I passed every 9 foot songs. ITG came out and I thought it looked better and way more fun because of some new additions like mods, marathons, hands, mines and freeze rolls. All those elements add to the difficulty and it's fun ! I like both games, it's just that when I am at the arcade, I tend to play ITG more because these days the DDR cabinets are kinda old and really destroyed (i.e : Arrows don't respond correctly, need to step hard and loud) whereas the ITG cabs are all in mint condition and they are better built.

Yeah, I have noticed more faulty to not working at all DDR cabs at pretty much every arcade I visit nowadays. I've never player ITG in the arcade but have the home version. I got it on sale on Black Friday with two brand new pads from Best Buy for $20!! I played it and noticed that both the length and technique of the songs were different than DDR. I guess I'm just too stubborn to change. I'm not at the point of acing all the 9-10 footers yet, But I am close. I am getting to the point that most of the Heavy songs are not that challenging anymore and I have 4 home versions of the game to pick heavy songs from.

I haven't even played ITG in about 4-5 months now. I haven't even unlocked everything yet. The game just struck me as graphically inferior and the additions of skill just seemed like they were tweeking a game/concept that was fine as it was.

I don't know, I'm sure I'll pull it one of these days and play it again. I still play the DDR games several times a week and they're staring to get very stale.

We got 3 different DDR games for PS2 in my school. So when I'm in the mood, I play some on the lunch brakes.

WHAT!? PS2's are in schools now for leisure usage!? When did this happen!? I heard some schools using DDR for phys. ed. but PS2's for use at lunch breaks!?

Sorry for the double post.

I have DDR Konamix (I don't have a PS2)

I can do pretty much every song on Trick... on the other versions I can do mostly Standard songs. My favorites are B4U, Burn the Floor, Drop the Bomb, and Paranoia Rebirth

Plus, I can own everyone on any computer DDR clone like StepMania

Heavy on NeoMAX at 640 BPM - WHEEEEE!