Parkitect (PKT) Discussion Thread

Indie theme park game, coming to Steam Early Access
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Re: Parkitect (PKT) Discussion Thread

Postby Midgetman82 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:55 am

You guys are gonna love this!!!
tumblr_inline_p5qq8suiSo1si3zx7_1280.jpg
"This very unusual looking coaster is fairly cheap to build and fits into small footprints, but is still capable of all the elements you’d except from a big steel coaster. On the downside it has a relatively low capacity. You can also spot a new shop here, the Funnel Cakes stall!"

RMC Raptor track coming in the next beta update! Remember, these updates typically get released towards the beginning (or end) of the month.

That, along with other updates like "exporting big 4k screenshots of the entire park" that will come in the next update as well.
tumblr_inline_p5muaiFHCw1si3zx7_1280.png

These guys still work pretty regularly churning out some things Planet Coaster doesn't even offer, on a game that runs smoothly on most computer systems too. I still gotta give them credit for all that, because I still find this a highly underrated game more people should really look into! Just my $0.02 tho.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:18 pm

I can't decide if this game is worth the money or not...
Bigger is not always better.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby MartinU » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:37 am

I know I've really enjoyed this game. I like the simplicity of it, and how with the limited materials, if used in a smart way, you can create great rides and scenery to go along with it.

I also like how it's still being developed. And insight is being asked for to ensure a great experience for users.

Looking forward to the next update.

Is it worth the money? If you are going for a realistic looking game with tons of custom scenery, no. But, if you are looking for a fun and challenging theme park game where you have to keep guests happy while building rides easily, than yes!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby josephcissell » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:42 am

I was originally one of the Kickstarter backers for this project, but at some point I got too busy and lost track of what was going on with it for a while. I absolutely love the art style and how much thought and care has been put into this though! Really happy to see how it has turned out. Now I just need to update to the latest beta and give it a spin.

Postby Midgetman82 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:47 am

The lights in the game will finally be working!

Lights will cut on automatically when it rains, and there will be a new night mode! If you create mods for the game (the devs very-much support adding custom elements into the game) then the new version of the Asset Editor should work with lights.

tumblr_inline_p61ruuwQux1si3zx7_1280.png
"Did you ever feel like your park looks a bit… boring when it rains? After this update that will no longer be the case, because all the lights actually work now."

tumblr_inline_p61s0avIra1si3zx7_1280.png
"And if you like it really dark you can turn on the new night mode whenever you want!"

tumblr_inline_p61ryjXGQ81si3zx7_1280.png
"To fully capture the atmosphere of a theme park in the dark we’re updating all flat rides with hundreds of tiny lights."

Moreover, most of these lights also receive unique animation sequences. I have built us a tool for placing and animating the lights, and Garret has been busy working with it. So far we’re at over 6.000 animated lights, but there are still a bunch of rides left to update!
If you want to learn more about how we’re creating light animation sequences you should check out this weeks Art Stream where Garret will show how it works.

^The art stream in question is on Wednesdays.
http://themeparkitect.tumblr.com/post/172276555907/devlog-update-187-visuals-update-33
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Afterburn » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:08 am

This looks gooooorgeous :wtf: :lover:

Postby Midgetman82 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:32 pm

Beta 5 had released Monday, now ready to download/update. RMC Monorail coaster, night mode you can toggle on and off, new lights thrown into the game as well as every flat ride getting light packages thrown onto them, and many other smaller details listed in the changelog.

One thing I also wanted to point out was the small, but effective modding community through steam. There's a number of mods the community had made, and I recently stumbled upon a list compiled by the devs of their top mod picks for the game: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1218299577

A few I found really useful were the custom catwalks for coasters, the picnic pack with picnic benches guests can sit on, the RoadWorks pack which lets you design road signage and pavement markings (which goes well with the cars pack).

Image/mod source

One mod I found especially unique was a track editor, letting you break free of the rigid track editor and go completely freeform!

Postby Midgetman82 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:24 pm

Oops, missed some updates. Here's a highlight recap of just new rides in light of Beta 8 going live for download today...

Beta 8:
- New Hyper Coaster
-New Plane Carousel
tumblr_inline_pb91ynUce41si3zx7_1280.png

Beta 7:
-New Gyro Drop
tumblr_inline_p9t293rXIv1si3zx7_1280.png

Beta 6:
-New Mini Monorail
tumblr_inline_p80fh8GZVX1si3zx7_1280.png

Along with these, new scenarios created by devs and community members for those of you into park management aspects, some optimization fixes, and TONS of new scenery pieces (among many other things).

Coaster Canyon scenario by Silvarret
tumblr_inline_p8bvuw4GTz1si3zx7_1280.png

Broadmoor Beach scenario by Joshua
tumblr_inline_paweyf1hAP1si3zx7_1280.png

As always, all updates listed in their devlog.

Previous

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness