Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

TR 22: Movie Park Germany (Star Trek: Operation Enterprise)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Postby DoubleDown » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:29 pm

WOW what a great trip report!

I have been to this park with my brother and we absolutely fell in LOVE with it!

Your photos are great and kind of really give a good "feel" of how the park actually is. Anyone notice how the "sea of concrete" is lacking at this park? I wish some of the chains out here in America would take notice! Instead of concrete, plant some FU**ING trees! Make a small pond! People do not go to theme parks JUST for coasters, and this park is a great testament to that.

Just a question, when I went there about 5 years ago, they had this awesome policy with their cups. You buy a drink with a cup, but you don't dispose it, if you bring it back you get some actual money back, and they reuse it. I just thought that was a fantastic idea to avoid trash, to avoid litter, and over-using. Do they still do that?

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby JordyC » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:05 pm

DoubleDown wrote:Your photos are great and kind of really give a good "feel" of how the park actually is. Anyone notice how the "sea of concrete" is lacking at this park? I wish some of the chains out here in America would take notice! Instead of concrete, plant some FU**ING trees! Make a small pond! People do not go to theme parks JUST for coasters, and this park is a great testament to that.

Thank you! It is indeed a very natural park, hence why it is called Tivoli Gardens and not Tivoli Concrete, I guess ;) But you are absolutely right about the fact that people don't go to parks only for the coasters, at least for me. Of course, the coasters are a major factor, but I'd much rather have a very natural park with a few less coasters than a 'concrete' park that has coasters on the parking lot. Also, most of the people weren't even there for the rides, they were just relaxing in the park's beautiful gardens. And I can't blame them at all!

DoubleDown wrote:Just a question, when I went there about 5 years ago, they had this awesome policy with their cups. You buy a drink with a cup, but you don't dispose it, if you bring it back you get some actual money back, and they reuse it. I just thought that was a fantastic idea to avoid trash, to avoid litter, and over-using. Do they still do that?

Yes, they still do that! And it is indeed an awesome way to avoid waste. Another reason why this park is awesome!
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Goliath - Walibi Holland 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Red Force - Ferrari Land 10. Star Trek: Operation Enterprise - Movie Park Germany

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Movie Park Germany ||Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne ||Efteling || Liseberg

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby wmay » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:43 am

I live a 10 min walk from this park. Every night in the summer at 11.30 I hear the fireworks as if they were in my kitchen. Anyway, I love Tivoli. It rarely feels crowded even though it's a popular park and it's located right in the city centre. Great trip report!
Top Parks: DisneySea. The end.

Postby JordyC » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:00 am

wmay wrote:I live a 10 min walk from this park. Every night in the summer at 11.30 I hear the fireworks as if they were in my kitchen. Anyway, I love Tivoli. It rarely feels crowded even though it's a popular park and it's located right in the city centre. Great trip report!

The fireworks were indeed very loud. And for it being in the middle of a big city, I was wondering what the people living near the park would think about that. But it is indeed a very lovely park!
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Goliath - Walibi Holland 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Red Force - Ferrari Land 10. Star Trek: Operation Enterprise - Movie Park Germany

Movie Park Germany ||Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne ||Efteling || Liseberg

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:26 am

Great report! I always love seeing photos of Tivoli since the park's landscaping looks so nice. I'm always impressed by how compact Daemonen is and that first elevated section reminds me of Great Bear.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Postby JordyC » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:35 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Great report! I always love seeing photos of Tivoli since the park's landscaping looks so nice. I'm always impressed by how compact Daemonen is and that first elevated section reminds me of Great Bear.

Thank you! And yes, Dæmonen is a very compact ride, but lots of fun. And the helix before the drop is definitely unique.
Quality Over Quantity

Postby JordyC » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:34 am

Bakken - June 2017

Hello everyone!

June 28th and 29th 2017, I went for my first ever time to Copenhagen to visit Tivoli Gardens and Bakken. I spent the first day in Tivoli Gardens, and the second day in Bakken.

On June 29th I visited Bakken, the oldest amusement park in the world. It is located on the edge of Copenhagen. The park does not charge an entrance fee, but like Tivoli Gardens, you have to buy individual ride tickets. You can also buy a wristband with access to all the attractions. The wooded area and many access roads provide a free and open atmosphere that I had never experienced before at a theme park. Queues were pretty much non existent that day, which led to numerous rerides (and that's something we all want). Overall, I had a brilliant time at one of the most unique parks in Europe.

Sadly, Tornado (the Intamin Spinning Coaster) was closed during my visit. It is a shame, because I was really looking forward to riding this insane coaster. But that is how it goes sometimes, so we dealt with it and enjoyed the rest of Bakken!

Rutschebanen (6,5/10)
One of the oldest coasters in Europe, and it's still awesome! Definitely not as good as Rutschebanen at Tivoli, but still better than some of the newer woodies. The airtime was great, especially considering its age. One downside, you got braked fairly hard before every drop. And I am sure that if that wasn't the case, the airtime would be insane. Don't get me wrong, it was still great, but nothing compared to Rutschebanen at Tivoli. Also, it was surprisingly smooth. There was not really any theming, though.

Also, the fact that there was absolutely no queue all day and that they were running 3 (!!) trains, is fantastic! I would love to see that at some other parks.

Mine Train Ulven (6/10)
This coaster was a surprise hit! It was so much fun. It makes me wonder why there aren't more of these. They are very smooth, and they have a really good pacing through the entire ride, without being too intense. It is definitely one of my favourite family coasters!

Vilde Mus (5/10)
Your standard Mack Wild Mouse, with some slight changes in the layout. It is my second favourite Wild Mouse (after Matterhorn Blitz at Europa-Park). Mostly because this one has some great theming, it is very smooth and it is barely braked.

Racing (3,5/10)
Racing was a fun classic coaster. It is actually quite an intense ride.

Mariehønen (2/10)
Although it is a standard Tivoli Coaster, this one was very different. The operator stops the train on the lift hill after a few laps, after which the booster wheels launch you over the top. It was very fun!

DSC_0008.JPG
Welcome to Bakken - the oldest amusement park in the world!

DSC_0010.JPG
Like Tivoli, this park is full with lovely restaurants.

DSC_0011.JPG
I love all the little buildings! And oh yeah, the woodie in the back too.

DSC_0012.JPG
These rides are a lot of fun.

DSC_0013.JPG
London Bus Stop. Weird, because there's a train next to it.

DSC_0014.JPG
Let's start with a ride on Mine Train Ulven.

DSC_0015.JPG
Going up the lift hill.

DSC_0019.JPG
What a very fun ride. It's one of my favourite family coasters!

01.jpg
Hands up if you love Mine Train Ulven! No? Okay..

DSC_0017.JPG
Next up, Rodeo Banen.

DSC_0018.JPG
Start your engines!

DSC_0023.JPG
Why is this so funny to pronounce?

DSC_0024.JPG
Not too often you see some swans in the air.

DSC_0028.JPG
They also have this classic log flume. I really liked it!

DSC_0035.JPG
Some more beautiful Danish buildings.

02.jpg
Lots of places to eat and relax at this park.

07.jpg
Bakken is also home to multiple games. All very well themed.

DSC_0037.JPG
Someone fancy a ride through the jungle?

DSC_0038.JPG
Classic Tea Cup ride.

DSC_0039.JPG
It's time for Mariehønen.

DSC_0040.JPG
Back view.

03.jpg
If all parks would operate their Tivoli's like they do at Bakken, I would ride it every time!

DSC_0042.JPG
Another well themed restaurant.

DSC_0043.JPG
Like almost every other park, Bakken also has Bumper Cars.

DSC_0044.JPG
Tornado. Unfortunately, I won't be riding it today.

DSC_0046.JPG
I don't speak Danish, but I know what this means.

DSC_0048.JPG
No Tornado-ing today.

DSC_0049.JPG
A closer look at the lift launch.

DSC_0050.JPG
Great theming, though!

DSC_0051.JPG
If you want to roll in the sky, Sky Roller is the place to be!

DSC_0052.JPG
They also have this awesome Fun House!

DSC_0053.JPG
Extreme is too extreme for me. No, thank you.

DSC_0054.JPG
Time for a ride on Vilde Mus!

04.jpg
More sharp turns coming up.

DSC_0056.JPG
This one has magnetic brakes - thank God!

05.jpg
There is also hardly any braking, which is awesome!

06.jpg
De 'Empty' Mus

DSC_0060.JPG
This was an awesome S&S tower. Some of the best airtime I've ever had on one of these!

DSC_0061.JPG
Ready for a race?

DSC_0062.JPG
Number 7 for the win!

08.jpg
What a great classic coaster!

DSC_0064.JPG
Don't even ask.

DSC_0065.JPG
Pirate ship thingy.

09.jpg
This is one of my favorite flats in the world, and it has a very long circle. What more could you ask for?

10.jpg
Pissoir, this way!

11.jpg
Some more games.

DSC_0070.JPG
Another classic ride - a ghost train.

DSC_0073.JPG
It was packed in front of the stage! I am not even trying going to sit between them.

DSC_0074.JPG
Crazy Theatre. Nothing special, though.

12.jpg
You can even go on a safari at Bakken!

DSC_0085.JPG
They also have a train that takes you around the park.

DSC_0092.JPG
I have got no idea what this is.

DSC_0093.JPG
Apparently, it is always Christmas at Bakken!

DSC_0101.JPG
What is this supposed to mean?

DSC_0103.JPG
Some beautiful paintings of Bakken.

13.jpg
It's time for Rutschebanen!

14.jpg
3 train operation + barely any people = empty trains

15.jpg
Go home lift hill, you're drunk.

DSC_0088.JPG
Three train shot for y'all.

16.jpg
Double down through the Scandinavian flags.

DSC_0099.JPG
It's a shame I wasn't able to experience this park at night, but I had a plane to catch.

DSC_0100.JPG
When life doesn't go right.. Go left!

18.jpg
Airtime!

17.jpg
What a classic, I loved it!

19.jpg
My last photo at Bakken, which means the end of the trip.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!
Quality Over Quantity

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:51 am

I really enjoyed Bakken when I visited with TPR years ago. Any park that has Desperadoes is OK in my book, and their ghost train was lots of fun.

Postby JordyC » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:02 am

cfc wrote:I really enjoyed Bakken when I visited with TPR years ago. Any park that has Desperadoes is OK in my book, and their ghost train was lots of fun.

Indeed, the ghost train was a lot of fun. I really like the feel of classic rides. Also, it was surprisingly well themed.
Quality Over Quantity

Postby JordyC » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:19 am

Walygator Parc - August 2017

Hello everyone!

August 7th and 8th 2017, I went to France for my first ever time to Walygator Parc and Nigloland. I spent the first day in Walygator Parc and the second day in Nigloland.

On August 7th, I visited Walygator Parc. I've heard some stories about it being terrible and that it was a park run by zombies, but to be honest it wasn't too bad. Yes, it is probably my least favourite park, but it was "better" than I expected it to be. Probably because my expectations were very low. Also, the park has some of the worst operations I have ever seen. 10 minute dispatches were no exception. Granted, everything was a 2-3 train wait at the most, but oh man those dispatches were awful. And because they only have one train on every coaster and only a few boats on the rapids and the log flume, that surely doesn't help either. Overall, I had a fairly good time (most likely because of Monster) at one of the most bizarre parks in Europe.

Monster (8/10)
It is a cloned and pre-owned B&M, but Monster is just pure awesomeness. It is probably one of the most intense coasters I've done. The first half of the ride is very good, but after the MCBR (without midcourse brakes yaaay!) it just gets insane. The corkscrews are fast and furious and the final helix pulls some great forces. Also, Monster was very smooth. And you even get some airtime before the final corkscrew. The only downside is that this ride has got zero theming, and I love theming. Hence why I don't rate this coaster higher. But the ride itself is excellent, and it's great to have this ride as my 150th coaster!

Comet (4,5/10)
It is a fun little Vekoma with a few inversions, but nothing to shout about. It was surprisingly smooth for an old Vekoma, though.

Anaconda (3,5/10)
Well, what is there to say about this ride? It was horrible. It was rough, but not as rough as Bandit, so I'll give it that. Anaconda's layout is also very boring. There is no speed (not even at the bottom of the first drop), no airtime, no nothing.

Family Coaster (1/10)
Just your standard Wacky Worm. Nothing special.

DSC_0108.JPG
Welcome to Walygator Parc!

DSC_0109.JPG
Nice little fountain at the entrance.

DSC_0111.JPG
The park's Wave Swinger is the first ride you will see.

DSC_0112.JPG
It has lots of different European countries on it.

DSC_0115.JPG
Walygator Parc has also a classic Tea Cup ride.

DSC_0120.JPG
Most of the food stands were closed during my visit..

DSC_0121.JPG
Some more classic rides.

DSC_0122.JPG
At least they have got some theming in the park.

DSC_0119.JPG
They also have a boat ride on their lake.

DSC_0129.JPG
You can meet the sheriff of the park. How awesome is that?!

DSC_0135.JPG
And suddenly, you are in Hawaii.

DSC_0127.JPG
The Saloon was fairly busy at noon, because this was pretty much the only one that was actually open.

DSC_0126.JPG
They even have a little dark ride. Nothing special, but at least they have got one!

DSC_0124.JPG
The children's log flume.

DSC_0130.JPG
No, we are not in Ferrari Land.

DSC_0128.JPG
I have to admit, it looks nice.

DSC_0132.JPG
I probably should mention that the weather was very good that day.

DSC_0136.JPG
Acro-Games, were you can do Acro while Gaming..

DSC_0137.JPG
Welcome, to Jurassic.. uhm.. I mean, Dino World!

DSC_0138.JPG
Which one is bigger?

DSC_0142.JPG
They also have this awesome Rapids!

DSC_0143.JPG
This was probably my second favourite ride at the park, behind Monster of course.

DSC_0150.JPG
It has great theming!

DSC_0146.JPG
And gets you absolutely soaked!

DSC_0148.JPG
Children have to wear life jacket's on the rapids, and I can definitely see why.

DSC_0141.JPG
More dinosaurs!

DSC_0144.JPG
They also have this little family ride in Dino World.

DSC_0147.JPG
It is definitely the best themed area of the park.

DSC_0149.JPG
Hello, big guy!

DSC_0153.JPG
Terror House - a walkthrough Haunted House.

DSC_0151.JPG
The park's S&S Tower is themed to a Space Shuttle, I guess..

DSC_0154.JPG
Launching!

DSC_0159.JPG
Going up or down? Guess we will never know..

DSC_0163.JPG
Anyone for a Waly Game?

DSC_0156.JPG
G-Lock'ing around..

DSC_0179.JPG
There is a great Illusion show behind that wall. It doesn't really fit in with the space theming, but hey.. At least they have got a show! And to be honest, it was actually very good!

DSC_0168.JPG
Next up, it's time for Comet.

DSC_0167.JPG
I spy with my little eye some B&M goodness!

DSC_0166.JPG
Loop the loop!

DSC_0169.JPG
Comet climbing its lift hill.

DSC_0174.JPG
It is such a classic, and surprisingly smooth for its age.

DSC_0176.JPG
The brakes hit pretty hard, though.

DSC_0181.JPG
Something, somewhere went terribly wrong..

DSC_0182.JPG
Always love these water slides, especially on a hot summer day!

DSC_0271.JPG
The log flume's station looks pretty good.

DSC_0185.JPG
That moment before the splash..

DSC_0188.JPG
Skloosh!

DSC_0193.JPG
Les Jeux de Waly.

DSC_0194.JPG
The time has come to ride Anaconda.

DSC_0206.JPG
Those are very brave people who hold their hands up..

DSC_0256.JPG
Just hold on.. Trust me, it is the only option..

DSC_0273.JPG
The moment when gravity takes over.

DSC_0202.JPG
Hurray, we survived. Just barely, but we survived.

DSC_0219.JPG
It looks alright, though.

DSC_0218.JPG
At least the trains were somewhat comfortable.

DSC_0266.JPG
Anaconda through the trees..

DSC_0277.JPG
Which one is worse; the coaster or the Nicki Minaj song?

DSC_0212.JPG
Wacky Worm!

DSC_0213.JPG
This was the other place in the park were you could get something to eat. At least it looks good.

DSC_0216.JPG
It is time for Monster!

DSC_0220.JPG
My expectations were pretty high for this ride, after hearing how awesome Raptor is.

DSC_0221.JPG
The Monster is going up.

DSC_0259.JPG
Plummeting towards the ground.

DSC_0239.JPG
Perfect Zero-G!

DSC_0224.JPG
Cobra Roll'ing around.

DSC_0248.JPG
The corkscrews are insane! I loved it!

DSC_0264.JPG
Who needs a roof nowadays?

DSC_0258.JPG
Lots and lots of steel!

DSC_0263.JPG
Awesome helix!

DSC_0243.JPG
Monster doing its thing.

DSC_0247.JPG
What a fantastic coaster it really is!

DSC_0254.JPG
Aaaand into the brakes.

DSC_0223.JPG
Monster behind the green stuff.

DSC_0227.JPG
No brakes!!

DSC_0230.JPG
Happy riders!

DSC_0235.JPG
What a massive looping!

DSC_0272.JPG
Some parts of the park look good, while other areas look like there hasn't been anyone for months..

DSC_0275.JPG
I've got no idea what is behind these rocks..

DSC_0276.JPG
They also have this Pirate Ship.

DSC_0279.JPG
Who doesn't like some good fountains?

DSC_0231.JPG
One last look at Monster to end this report.

Thanks for reading! I will soon upload my report from Nigloland.
Quality Over Quantity

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!