TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

I noticed twister is still listed in the thrill rides sections. I guess it's here to stay this year.

The only issue I see with this is that I don't think Darien Lake has ever been super efficient with updating their website. If I remember correctly they had a "New for 2013" tab for a couple years showcasing Blast Off and Ignite the Night. Something tells me we need to wait for the 2017 park map to really confirm anything like that. (Or if the park would announce it through social media or via a press release. That would also work. Right?). Though I did have hopes that the park would have something new for 2017, I'd be totally fine with some rehab to the infrastructure, it would be great if it was Hershend-esque (I believe they redid the main entrance, emporium and several buildings throughout the property) I'd really love it! Also, though it may be a pipe dream, the less black top the better!

I noticed twister is still listed in the thrill rides sections. I guess it's here to stay this year.

The only issue I see with this is that I don't think Darien Lake has ever been super efficient with updating their website. If I remember correctly they had a "New for 2013" tab for a couple years showcasing Blast Off and Ignite the Night. Something tells me we need to wait for the 2017 park map to really confirm anything like that. (Or if the park would announce it through social media or via a press release. That would also work. Right?). Though I did have hopes that the park would have something new for 2017, I'd be totally fine with some rehab to the infrastructure, it would be great if it was Hershend-esque (I believe they redid the main entrance, emporium and several buildings throughout the property) I'd really love it! Also, though it may be a pipe dream, the less black top the better!

What's if for there entry Plaza the had flags naming all there rides. And a Darien lake logo stamped on the pavement.

They could refurb that pirate station as well as beare vally bumper cars. The galaxy theater could host some indoor concerts or maby a new restaurant? Any thoughts?

^ when done right, logos on pavement look awesome. Take UB's Alumni Arena for example. They have a nice big "UB" right in the entry plaza welcoming spectators to all sorts of events. My issue is the more complex the logo is, the more expensive the pavement would become - and it only takes one crack to cost the park a fortune to repair it. I would imagine

IMG_0605.thumb.JPG.e82c1c98a1533b0566aaa5799ab00800.JPG

Alumni Arena the day after its new "BUFFALO" facade was installed

But, the flag idea could be very cool. I always liked how at CP they have banners near some of their more popular attractions (Millennium and Dragster) as well as the flags by Wicked Twister and Valravn. To see some of that flare at DL - whether it be in the entry plaza, near the attractions or both, I would have to agree with you that would look very nice!

As for the galaxy Theatre, I believe it needs to either be rehabbed and used, or torn down, or converted into a mechanic shop for the rides? When I say rehab, I'm referencing the seating. I've never been a fan of the aluminum benches in theatres at amusement parks. As for shows, I was always a fan of sea lion splash. It was great to see those guys at the state fair in 2015, the cirque show from 9 years ago was cool, and even the Nik Wallenda show was really great (which I didn't expect it to be, so I was pleasantly surprised). As for indoor concerts, something tells me that venue is too small. Especially with the PAC practically right there, and the fact that they've used the laser lawn for the in park concert series and that has seemed to go rather well, so why fix what's not broken? Lastly. As for it becoming a resteraunt. I feel like that would be a headache to redo the entire building to do that, and to me it would seem like a waste of space. But that's just my opinion.

Lastly, with The Bear Valley Bumper Buggies a very short walk from the pirate, having bumper cars in that old queueing area seems to be a bit redundant, not to mention, that space is probably a lot smaller than you think it may be. I can agree that something should be done since the building really doesn't have a purpose anymore but I don't think a 3rd set of bumper cars is the answer

^ when done right, logos on pavement look awesome. Take UB's Alumni Arena for example. They have a nice big "UB" right in the entry plaza welcoming spectators to all sorts of events. My issue is the more complex the logo is, the more expensive the pavement would become - and it only takes one crack to cost the park a fortune to repair it. I would imagine

[attachment=0]IMG_0605.JPG[/attachment]

But, the flag idea could be very cool. I always liked how at CP they have banners near some of their more popular attractions (Millennium and Dragster) as well as the flags by Wicked Twister and Valravn. To see some of that flare at DL - whether it be in the entry plaza, near the attractions or both, I would have to agree with you that would look very nice!

As for the galaxy Theatre, I believe it needs to either be rehabbed and used, or torn down, or converted into a mechanic shop for the rides? When I say rehab, I'm referencing the seating. I've never been a fan of the aluminum benches in theatres at amusement parks. As for shows, I was always a fan of sea lion splash. It was great to see those guys at the state fair in 2015, the cirque show from 9 years ago was cool, and even the Nik Wallenda show was really great (which I didn't expect it to be, so I was pleasantly surprised). As for indoor concerts, something tells me that venue is too small. Especially with the PAC practically right there, and the fact that they've used the laser lawn for the in park concert series and that has seemed to go rather well, so why fix what's not broken? Lastly. As for it becoming a resteraunt. I feel like that would be a headache to redo the entire building to do that, and to me it would seem like a waste of space. But that's just my opinion.

Lastly, with The Bear Valley Bumper Buggies a very short walk from the pirate, having bumper cars in that old queueing area seems to be a bit redundant, not to mention, that space is probably a lot smaller than you think it may be. I can agree that something should be done since the building really doesn't have a purpose anymore but I don't think a 3rd set of bumper cars is the answer

That sea lions show was awsome so I agree with that.But what I meant about the bumper cars is, they need to be refurbished to the wood is getting weird. And before anything is done they need to atleast add padding to the seats. And I realized that if they built bte it would be there 5th clone

5th clone?

1- Mind Eraser

2 - Boomerang

All the others are originals. (Ride of Steel has a clone that exists somewhere else. Yes. But so does Raptor at Cedar Point, and as far as I know no one calls Raptor a clone).

Sorry to be so nit picky but clone/original coasters to me are a big deal. (Does that proove how big of a loser I am?)

5th clone?

1- Mind Eraser

2 - Boomerang

All the others are originals. (Ride of Steel has a clone that exists somewhere else. Yes. But so does Raptor at Cedar Point, and as far as I know no one calls Raptor a clone).

Sorry to be so nit picky but clone/original coasters to me are a big deal. (Does that proove how big of a loser I am?)

Hoot and holler and moto coaster maby?

5th clone?

1- Mind Eraser

2 - Boomerang

Hoot and holler and moto coaster maby?

I never been on a coaster like Motoroller. Is it thrilling or more of a family friendly ride? I seen POVs of other coasters like this one showing grown adults really enjoying it,but the layout looks really tame so its hard to tell. I know they are fast but they seem to lack many typical coaster elements.

I never been on a coaster like Motoroller. Is it thrilling or more of a family friendly ride? I seen POVs of other coasters like this one showing grown adults really enjoying it,but the layout looks really tame so its hard to tell. I know they are fast but they seem to lack many typical coaster elements.

Honestly it depends on what you like. It has a fast smooth launch,but a repetitive layout. It's exiting especially in the front or back. I recommend this to anyone who loves coasters.

The Moto Coaster launch and first turn are great. The rest of the ride is slow and meandering. it does pick up speed in the last turn before the brakes, but that only leaves you wishing that the entire layout was taken at a quicker pace. But at least it's a smooth coaster, and one that I always enjoy riding.

I've always dreamed of theming on the Moto Coaster, like the launch having sound effects of motorcycle engines revving and tires squealing off the line with smoke sizzling out from beneath the train. A fun jump through a billboard or weaving through road signs could add to the experience as well.

On a side note, I have to say I'm glad the Lake Monster conversion hasn't happened and might not ever happen. I've always thought the Predator was a perfect roller coaster in layout. I would just like to see RMC come in with topper track and keep the same layout, but maybe increase the lift speed a bit! It really is a well paced and intense ride and the awesome airtime already exists. It just needs a lot of TLC.

The Moto Coaster launch and first turn are great. The rest of the ride is slow and meandering. it does pick up speed in the last turn before the brakes, but that only leaves you wishing that the entire layout was taken at a quicker pace. But at least it's a smooth coaster, and one that I always enjoy riding.

I've always dreamed of theming on the Moto Coaster, like the launch having sound effects of motorcycle engines revving and tires squealing off the line with smoke sizzling out from beneath the train. A fun jump through a billboard or weaving through road signs could add to the experience as well.

On a side note, I have to say I'm glad the Lake Monster conversion hasn't happened and might not ever happen. I've always thought the Predator was a perfect roller coaster in layout. I would just like to see RMC come in with topper track and keep the same layout, but maybe increase the lift speed a bit! It really is a well paced and intense ride and the awesome airtime already exists. It just needs a lot of TLC.

I heard that there's already RMC track on it just not topper or I box

I never been on a coaster like Motoroller. Is it thrilling or more of a family friendly ride?

It's kind of a family ride, but it's a great little coaster. Personally I'd say it's the second best coaster in the park by a wide margin... then again, I'm the one person that enjoys Pony Express so maybe I enjoy the ride style more than most people do.