Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Riding (and liking) all the coasters in Las Vegas
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:09 am

^Boulder Dash and Rampage are both fantastic coasters, so based on your descriptions this park seems to be worth the trek just for the two woodies alone. Now you got me thinking about Boulder Dash with topper track... :lover:
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:13 am

^ As long as Boulder Dash doesn't lose any speed from Topper Track, I'd be all for it if it makes the ride easier to maintain. That being said, I find Boulder Dash easy to marathon but know others that find it too rough now.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventuredome & Big Apple Coaster (aka Manhattan Express)

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Zand » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:29 am

Have a friend from college that lives in eastern ID and I asked him how far he is from Silverwood. He said its probably faster to drive from El Paso to Houston lol.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby swfan1988 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:33 am

YAAAAAAYYY!!!!!!! I'm glad the park is finally getting some attention! (The golden tickets failed once again in that respect). Thanks for the great report! And, for not mentioning the log flume... ;)

On the ops, I think every Silverwood fan prays for the day that they add second trains... the ops have their good days and bad, but I still don't think they have to check the seat belt 50 times. On the plus side I can't remember the last time they had any major incident.

Don't feel too bad on the train, its a great ride but I think its been on the decline the last few years. Although it could be a side effect of me riding it so many times.

Its really a shame that the park gets over shadowed for enthusiasts, I think if the park added a solid/good steel coaster It would help a lot. But then again I could make a multi-page list of what (I think) the park needs to add...

Nice pics! And thanks again for such a great report!
I don't work for a theme park, but I wish I did!
Wooden Faves: 1. PHOENIX!!!! 2. Timber Terror 3. Timber Terror 4. Timber Terror...
Steel Faves: 1. Hersheypark's Wild Mouse :lol: 2. Corkscrew (at Silverwood) :lmao: 3. Everything Else!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:59 am

Thanks! If they could cut their dispatch speeds down by combining the seat belt and restraint checks, the lines would probably move fast enough that a second train isn't truly needed.

Doesn't the train have a hold-up scene?

Zand wrote:Have a friend from college that lives in eastern ID and I asked him how far he is from Silverwood. He said its probably faster to drive from El Paso to Houston lol.

:lol:
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventuredome & Big Apple Coaster (aka Manhattan Express)

Postby bert425 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:12 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ As long as Boulder Dash doesn't lose any speed from Topper Track, I'd be all for it if it makes the ride easier to maintain. That being said, I find Boulder Dash easy to marathon but know others that find it too rough now.

that's a coaster I've always wanted to ride.. but never have been in the area to try it

at least not as of yet. . someday!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:21 pm

Most of the parks in New England are on the smaller side, but Boulder Dash, Superman, and Wicked Cyclone make the trip worth it for enthusiasts.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Condor » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:51 pm

I always enjoy reading reviews of this place. Everyone enjoys the woodies but there are so many different takes on which one they prefer and why. I went five years ago on a slow day with pouring rain and everything but Aftershock was open.

The giant Pacific Northwest raindrops hitting us in the face on Tremors were more painful than riding Millennium Force in the rain! Timber Terror was running backwards so it wasn't a problem there. Tremors lacked air on all but the first drop for me, while TT felt packed with it so I developed a slight preference for it. I agree with you about Tremors' layout. It's almost perfect, just needs to run 5-10% faster to really make use of it.

Another great TR!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:56 pm

Thanks! I thought Tremors had plenty of airtime for me. It was a pretty hot day for me. Were you there on a cooler day since I know Timber Terror usually runs backwards for their haunt?

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Condor » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:05 pm

Yes I went the week before Scarywood started and they had just turned the Timber Terror train backwards. It was cold and rainy. Weather made it kind of a miserable day honestly had we not liked the park so much! Riding TT forwards is a bucket list goal of mine now.
Last edited by Condor on Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:18 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!