TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cool or Unique Miniature Golf Courses?

ChrisFL

I went with a friend to the Fantasia mini golf course at WDW last weekend, did the "hard" course and it definitely wasn't easy. It also wasn't themed at all, unlike the "easy" course which is better for the kids.

Has anyone been to any really good and different mini golf courses?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres one in Myrtle Beach across from the Pavilion with all these Tiki Huts and a model Volcano it looks cool, but I haven't gotten to play there, I will try to find info or pictures on it.

Edit: It's called Mt. Atlanticus, and does not have a volcano, but it does have cool Tiki Huts.

There is a pretty decent mini golf course across from Morey's Piers on the boardwalk in Wildwood, NJ. I think it was like $8 for the two course combination, so 36-holes for the price of one round. That was a good deal.

There used to be a neat little mini golf place down about 6 miles from me. It was on a farm. It was 9 holes. The obstacles were rusty and stuff. It really had a lot of character. I have some good memories from there. My dad took me there once in a while. I think I was one of the few that actually even knew about the place. I was sad the day it was gone.

I went to a really cool place out in San Jose once. I don't remember the name, but me and one of my uncles went there like 3 times in my 10 day trip out there when I was, I believe 7. There were 3 courses (Easy, Medium and Hard) and there was a pretty huge arcade. If anyone knows of the place, please let me know what the name of it is. If my memory serves me correctly, that place was pretty awesome.

I remember when Putt Putt used to be a franchise of mini-courses thru-out North America. And we had one just south of where our house was. So I used to go to that every other weekend, getting my 'skills' down, as these courses didn't have a lot of themeing - but they had great obstacles in their setups.

I remember there was even an all-encompassing Major Putt Putt Tourney every year, with I guess those who were "the best in their areas" to duke it out on a major PP course for money and (brief) fame....

Playland here has one which they include with the daypass price, but it's sooooooooooooo pared down in themeing from what it looked like years ago - and only one set of holes now, as opposed to two different courses they used to have...

For now, I have put off trying it out. Crowds of families WITH their *#@*% ff-ing strollers, slooowly truuudging thruuuu the couuurse....

Naw. I can wait.

There are still Putt Putt courses around. And there is still the National Championship (or whatever they call it). They even have the one with the kids too. They show them on ESPN once in a while. I haven't seen one in a while, but I am almost positive that they still have them. And if I remember correctly, all of the Putt Putt courses are the same.

^ Yeah, I think that's what was great about entering the tourneys with them. You could practise and practise, knowing eveyrbody else was on the same 'level' as far as what the course used, would be like.

Everybody had the same one, lol!

But that was okay, 'cause some of the Putt Putt holes were even tougher, I remember, than some of the themed mini-courses' holes.

Some of them still around huh? My, my.

Memories......

Happy Tymes, in Warrington, PA has the standard outdoor themeing course with the stone type structures and waterfalls with one big difference. There are water obstacles, not just a pool of water in the middle of the green but the ball can fall into the water surrounding the holes. It's a very difficult course, especially considering it's in a family entertaniment center where the primary age group there is kids.

In Margate, NJ, there is a mini golf course near the bay (not sure of exact name), and the setting is very strange because it's in between 2 houses on a plot of land with a small house on the property as well (it's almost like a backyard golf course). They also have 2 holes that have water obstacles but not just small pools that really aren't that difficult to get around.

Another one is Tee Time Golf in Ocean City, NJ next to Gillian's Wonderland pier. It is different in that it seems to be one of the few traditional mini golf courses that are left, with giant obstacles such as a giraffe that you have to walk under to putt, or having the Flintstones in their car with their feet moving over the putting area. GACoaster has a picture of part of the course on his site:

http://www.amusementpics.com/Wonderland.htm (last picture on page on bottom right corner).

Lake Tahoe (California) has three really cool mini-golf courses. The two Magic Carpet courses (Carnelian Bay on the North Shore and South Lake Tahoe) are truly outrageous with all sorts of castles, dinosaurs, and other cool obstacles (including one hole that starts at the bottom of a "cave"). Kings Beach Mini-Golf (also on the North Shore) is interesting in that they built the course around the trees on the property, making its layout rather eccentric (not to mention shady). One hole used to spit your ball back out!

Williamsburg has three courses, too: Mini Golf America on Richmond Road, a Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf on the Rt. 60 Bypass (it features a cave complete with "bloody" pirate skeletons), and Go Karts Plus on Rt. 60 past the Williamsburg Pottery (haven't played this one).

I went to a really cool place out in San Jose once. I don't remember the name, but me and one of my uncles went there like 3 times in my 10 day trip out there when I was, I believe 7. There were 3 courses (Easy, Medium and Hard) and there was a pretty huge arcade. If anyone knows of the place, please let me know what the name of it is. If my memory serves me correctly, that place was pretty awesome.

Could it be Golfland? Here's the website: http://sanjose.golfland.com/ to see if it rings any bells. They have three waterslides and only two courses though. There's another golfland about 30 minutes away in Milpitas which does have a very sizable arcade and three courses, perhaps you're thinking of them.

I just recently came back from a spring break trip down in LA and on one of the days there my friendss and I decided to visit the Anaheim Golfland. There were five courses (2 hard, 2 medium, 1 easy) one of the biggest arcades I had ever been in and laser tag. We spent the whole day there and had a really good time away from the crowds of Disneyland.

I'd have to say the best indoor mini golf course I've been to is the one at SCBB, only 18 kinda short holes but it has some of the best minigolf themeing I've experienced anywhere.

Theres one in Myrtle Beach across from the Pavilion with all these Tiki Huts and a model Volcano it looks cool, but I haven't gotten to play there, I will try to find info or pictures on it.

Edit: It's called Mt. Atlanticus, and does not have a volcano, but it does have cool Tiki Huts.

I've played that course a couple of times. It really is awesome! You can choose from 2 sides to play from...one is more outside and the other has more caves.