TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I would assume the fountain was removed to try and improve the people flow around Market Square. It can definitely be a bottleneck during busy times and after Celebrity Theatre shows end.

From what I can remember, it was removed because it was old and would have cost too much to repair/maintain.

There was a fountain? Seriously, I've been to Dollywood a couple of times, and I don't remember it.

HOW it was huge! I always felt it blocked the path of the busiest area in the park.. HAHA it really did cause a traffic jam right outside market square whenever I stopped there to eat..

The area will be empty without it though and they always put a tree in it during christmas and had shows around it and everything.. It will be missed

Preferred parking is $22 but gold pass holders receive it for $12 (get a $10 discount)

So unless regular parking went up, preferred parking is actually $12.00 more.. Regular parking still $10?? I can't seem to find it!

That's at least what is showing up on their site for me.. Haha

Found this on their FAQ page...

Parking Fee

Yes, $12 for all standard length vehicles, $18 for oversize length vehicles such as RVs and trailers. Trams provide transportation to the Front Gate. However, parking is FREE if you purchase a Dollywood Gold Season Pass.

Looks like they've raised the price $2 to help offset some of the costs of the parking upgrades.

haha thats funny they raised the price by $2 to $12 but only give gold pass holders a $10 discount on prefered parking.. I would think it would make better sense to give gold pass holders the full $12 discount bringing prefered parking down to $10.. But i guess their goal is to make prefered parking available to gold card users for the same price as regular parking

Still cheaper than six flags $20 parking!! Glad I have a gold membership there.. Pays for itself after one trip lol. Glad i have a gold pass at dollywood as well! LOL

Whoa! I know some of you are saying that Friendship Fountain will be removed right? Well I was reading about there Timesaver Pass

and found the following on there....

Visit the TimeSaver Reservation Center on Showstreet (Map location 18) between Friendship Fountain and DP's Celebrity Theater

SO if what on there is right, I think some of your information could be wrong....

Also the Fountain is STILL on the park map!!!

Just saying...

Whoa! I know some of you are saying that Friendship Fountain will be removed right? Well I was reading about there Timesaver Pass

and found the following on there....

Visit the TimeSaver Reservation Center on Showstreet (Map location 18) between Friendship Fountain and DP's Celebrity Theater

SO if what on there is right, I think some of your information could be wrong....

Also the Fountain is STILL on the park map!!!

Just saying...

Believe me, the fountain is gone. I have been to the park 3 or 4 times during the off season, and it is gone.

Also the park is getting all new lockers this year. Here is a pic of new updated electronic lockers like at six flags or Disney. You pay 1 fee for all day usage instead of $1 each time you go in and out. These are all over the park, in places where the old lockers were and in new places as well.

image.thumb.jpg.cde21fd9ef349f27b4d1233052cdc06d.jpg

Edited by WildEagle2014

The fountain was looking a little sad last season anyway - a lot of the jets in the center didn't work - the spray was all random and it looked like it was "supposed" to be dramatic and have different effects, but all it did was spray in a weird random uneven pattern in the middle and have a lot of unused nozzles sticking out. I do agree that it added dynamics to the area, and there should be something to add a focal point here, but really it looked like they hadn't really card for it for several seasons. Can anyone tell me if it ever did have changing water patterns? On the note of paving over it.. I REALLY think its time for Dollywood to start replacing all of the asphalt with pavers or stamped concrete in theme appropriate designs and patterns - that would go a LONG way to areas like this not looking for barren. It looks like that might be starting to happen in CV but I hope it is more than just a repaving of asphalt.

The fountain was looking a little sad last season anyway - a lot of the jets in the center didn't work - the spray was all random and it looked like it was "supposed" to be dramatic and have different effects, but all it did was spray in a weird random uneven pattern in the middle and have a lot of unused nozzles sticking out. I do agree that it added dynamics to the area, and there should be something to add a focal point here, but really it looked like they hadn't really card for it for several seasons. Can anyone tell me if it ever did have changing water patterns? On the note of paving over it.. I REALLY think its time for Dollywood to start replacing all of the asphalt with pavers or stamped concrete in theme appropriate designs and patterns - that would go a LONG way to areas like this not looking for barren. It looks like that might be starting to happen in CV but I hope it is more than just a repaving of asphalt.

It's just a replacing of asphalt in CV. Up front they did extend the new patterned concrete from the new butterfly all the way to the left past SGMA building to the new resort entrance gate. Here's a pic.

image.thumb.jpg.be1b53a1615f94c1908453d63b37695a.jpg

There was a fountain? Seriously, I've been to Dollywood a couple of times, and I don't remember it.

HOW it was huge! I always felt it blocked the path of the busiest area in the park.. HAHA it really did cause a traffic jam right outside market square whenever I stopped there to eat..

The area will be empty without it though and they always put a tree in it during christmas and had shows around it and everything.. It will be missed

Huge, but apparently nondescript. As I said, it made no impression on me at all.

Huge, but apparently nondescript. As I said, it made no impression on me at all.

Until the mention of the Christmas tree placed in it during Smoky Mountain Christmas, I could not for the life of me remember where the fountain was.

Also the park is getting all new fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo this year. Here is a pic of new updated electronic fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo like at six flags or Disney. You pay 1 fee for all day usage instead of $1 each time you go in and out. These are all over the park, in places where the old fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo were and in new places as well.

I hope they are cheaper than the lockers at most parks! Im talking $5 or $6 total all day! lol SIx Flags charges like $18 all day now and some parks are even higher..

I use Dollywood lockers all the time

Until the mention of the Christmas tree placed in it during Smoky Mountain Christmas, I could not for the life of me remember where the fountain was.

Maybe it worked better as a giant Christmas tree stand than as a fountain.

Here are some of the changes in and around the park....

This is excellent! I have always thought Dollywood should have a real outdoor style shop with Teva, Chacos, kavu (GF loves Kavu, man Dollywood will make a killing off me this year) and the apparel!! Looks like they will be adding some of the real outdoor brands.. maybe not chacos but one can hope (As id have chacos over tevas any day lol!!)) and the wild eagle shop is the best shop for that!

It already reminds me of an outdoor outfitters..

Also the park is getting all new fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo this year. Here is a pic of new updated electronic fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo like at six flags or Disney. You pay 1 fee for all day usage instead of $1 each time you go in and out. These are all over the park, in places where the old fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo were and in new places as well.

I hope they are cheaper than the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo at most parks! Im talking $5 or $6 total all day! lol SIx Flags charges like $18 all day now and some parks are even higher..

I use Dollywood fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo all the time

On the Dollywood website it says that lockers at rides are only $6 and you can go from one to another for the entire day:

Ride to ride locker rentals are available at Wild Eagle, Mystery Mine, River Battle, FireChaser Express, Daredevil Falls, Barnstormer, River Rampage, Sidewinder, and near the Tennessee Tornado roller coaster.

Ride lockers are a one time fee of $6 (only regular size) for a floating locker. This means if you can rent and float from locker to locker without having to pay for each new locker.