TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

POV of Stealth, Thorpe Park

Now this is a rare POV, many thanks to Big John from www.coasterforce.com for getting this great rare footage!

NOTE: The ride operator granted permission for the secured camera to be taken on. Loose articles must not be taken on Stealth without prior permission.

Is it ok to have the video in this thread or do I have to provide a link to the video on www.coasterforce.com?

Please could someone let me know asap so I can sort it out if needed!

StealthPOV.zip

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid it doesn't soar over the top at all, infact it crawls over the top, when I was queuing for it after nearly every launch you would suddebly hear a "oooooooooooooooooooooooo" as it just makes it over the top!

Theres not much airtime on the airtime hill there is a bit if you sit at the back though

I'm afraid it doesn't soar over the top at all, infact it crawls over the top, when I was queuing for it after nearly every launch you would suddebly hear a "oooooooooooooooooooooooo" as it just makes it over the top!

Theres not much airtime on the airtime hill there is a bit if you sit at the back though

Hve you been on the same stealth ive been on. The airtime hill offers plenty of airtime the chances are if you have the restraint down really tight and you hold on for dear life then you most likely will experience less airtime. Stealth only crawls over the top 1/10 times maybe even less. You get plenty of airtime at the top and on the camel back.

^ Have you been on the same Stealth that I've been on, honestly, I got no airtime at all, I wanted to leave my harness nice and high but the cm wouldn't let me, I never have mt harness down tight and I never hold on, ok on that photo im holding on but thats just messing around after I had been on it like 4 times!

I'm not just saying it to slate Stealth because I loved it, I've honestly never seen it go over the tophat without crawling! But I did go on Stealth 5 days after it opened, so maybe it hadn't worn in yet!

^ Have you been on the same Stealth that I've been on, honestly, I got no airtime at all, I wanted to leave my harness nice and high but the cm wouldn't let me, I never have mt harness down tight and I never hold on, ok on that photo im holding on but thats just messing around after I had been on it like 4 times!

I'm not just saying it to slate Stealth because I loved it, I've honestly never seen it go over the tophat without crawling! But I did go on Stealth 5 days after it opened, so maybe it hadn't worn in yet!

Well I went on stealth 18 times in one day. No queues at all thorpe was empty. I experienced alot of ejector airtime on the camel back and it only crawled over the top hat on about 3 occasions. Apart from that it was flying over.

Well I went on stealth 18 times in one day. No queues at all thorpe was empty. I experienced alot of ejector airtime on the camel back and it only crawled over the top hat on about 3 occasions. Apart from that it was flying over.

I'm not trying to argue with you or anything like that but can you prove that it was "flying over the top hat" because that seems very hard to believe from when I was their!

I'm not trying to argue with you or anything like that but can you prove that it was "flying over the top hat" because that seems very hard to believe from when I was their!

Well below is a bit of footage a mate of mine took. It goes over the top at quite a good speed. It gives plenty of airtime. So you must of gone on a stealth bad day if it was going over the top at a slow speed. Because the day I went it was going pretty quick over the top.

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=8790748

Unfortunetly I'm not fat, I'm far from fat!

Well to me on that video thats isn't my kind of 'flying over', but if it is to you thats fine!

Did you really get airtime on the airtime hill? I got a bit when i sat in the back, but nout when I was in the front, but never the less, Stealth is an awsome ride, IMO it works on the same wave-lenght that Oblivion works,its only about 1 thing(stealth-launch, oblivion-drop) they are both very short and they both leave you buzzin like made when you hit the brakes!!!

Maybe if you sat at the back the slowest part of the ride would be on the way up and when your on the middle of the top hat and coming down it would start to get faster.

Whens the best time to vistit the park for short Qs?

Best time to visit is on a school day and dont go during a school holiday there are garunteed to be queues. I did get plenty of airtime on the camel back, more airtime than on rita.

Sadly that vid makes me less excited about going on it...

Dunno, why just looks a trifle lame next to kingda ka and ttd pov's. I will be going around May 12 so I will see. It seems to be over before it has begun. I am sure the launch is amazing but the layout however long or short just isn't very extreme. With Rita you get some nice G's and airtime. Of course I haven't ride it and In May I could come back onto this topic and say WOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH, WTF thats awsome.

Also never been on nemesis inferno as my last visit to Thorpe was in 2002 so I am ripped about that.

All of the POV's ive seen of stealth make it look slow. The ride is terribly short but you get a great launch alot of airtime and some very intense points at the bottom of the top hat. I love it myself.

I think I am worried about two things.

1. The length - the UK does NOT need more 'short' rides (this reminds me of Oblivion which is great but too short).

2. Nothing really happens after the acceleration. Yeah I know its high but these rides really need to be extreme to work well. there is no 'extreme' element like a massive airtime hill/inversion.

All of the POV's ive seen of stealth make it look slow. The ride is terribly short but you get a great launch alot of airtime and some very intense points at the bottom of the top hat. I love it myself.

I think I am worried about two things.

1. The length - the UK does NOT need more 'short' rides (this reminds me of Oblivion which is great but too short).

2. Nothing really happens after the acceleration. Yeah I know its high but these rides really need to be extreme to work well. there is no 'extreme' element like a massive airtime hill/inversion.