TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

RUN HIPPIE RUN!!! Go BJ & Tyler!

^ Yeah, and you have to hand it to her huz-b/f (?) for 'maintaining his cool,' while that oggeling (sp?) was going on..... ugh, indeed.

We both thought they were great, and he deserved extra points for NOT suddenly turning on all of "them", yelling or... maybe something worse, lol. He just maintained his cool, but you could certainly see that 'stuff emoting' in his eyes, heh heh.

A classy couple.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah!! I am sooo glad everybody's watching again, and, having read and article about AR in the paper, I have come to the conclusion that I am the only one, including CBS, Bertram Van Muster, etc... who actually liked the Family Addition. Oh well........

Now, on to the new series... there are so many teams similar to those who have come before.... you have your old folks (like Gretchen and Meredith) your buff African American couple (Uchena and Joyce) and your asshole male (Jonathan, Ray) with nice wife/girlfriend. However, it works for me! Very entertaining show the other night!! Loved the sisters, especially when the one asked the other if she had farted. Ahh..quality tv.

That was the "WTF Mate?" moment of the day!

No, my WTF moment was when Phil was introducing each team and he emphasized the two gay guys were "just friends". Did it matter to us???

My favs so far are the sisters, the dorks and the hippees.

Shari

^^ I know!!

I guess it was to clarify that two gay guys can be friends.... just friends! I just thought it was funny that they felt the need to establish that with us, especially since they bickered like any old married couple!

Wally! Hey!!! I'll drop you a message and fill you in!!

Shari

^ Maybe when they filled out their application form(s) for the show, it "looked good on paper..." hmmm?

Who knows? Me and David kinda looked at each other and went 'just friends'? And the touchy-feely stuff did starting coming into the picture slowly and (not too)surely.. fairly obvious by their (inevitable) finish.

Whatever. They were totally un-organized for what they were thrown into, at the beginning, and they just had the bad luck of traffic jams a few turns of the way, to make it worse, lol.

Hey - the gai couples have had their 'onscreen triumphs & tragedies' here before, heh heh.

Yay - BJ & Tyler win a Trip to......

TAHITI !!! TOGETHER !!! ...uh...wait a sec...

That was a great ending to an 'ok' kind of episode...

Altho, I DO realize that rapelling down a (gulp) 400 FOOT building would not be my idea of accepting a Roadblock. (shudders at thought) The waterfalls and the sugarcane-methanol things were done pretty good, from all of them.

They all did pretty good - BUT - those two non-working T&A Lovin'buddies..... euuuuw. Eric and whats-his-brain(not)? Please, Oh Amazing Race Gods, let these oingo-BOYngos... go!

Um, you mean the Geek Couple, right?

Not a (heavens forbid) Dorky Couple, heh heh.

I like them, too. The majority of the couples are actually all pretty good... and tolerable, so far.

But - Lake should be 'put down' while he's still young, LOLOL.

I fear for his 'personal international safety' the way he suddenly yells out, usually at whats-her-name-his-wifey, but sometimes just when nobody expects it, including the cameraguy, lol.

Ah well, two down - nine to go go go!

That was great! Loved it.

Some actual 'fun' moments, w/o everybody scraping each other's backsides, yet.

But - To be continued...?

Boooooooo. then

Hope they don't pull that too often on this run.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the Hippies pretty much owned that leg. Ray and Yolanda really need to tighten their game up or they are going to be next. They only pulled this one out because of those constantly lagging Double Ds. Although in all fairness, they did get screwed by that Yield.

I think that the last two episodes have been pretty good. For me the locations and challenges are what really can set an episode apart and Germany and Italy have both been really exciting, with some unique Detours and Roadblocks.

Hmmm.

Our television listings guide still has TAR listed on Tuesday/Apr.04 - 10-11pm PST...

Must keep a close eye on the tv I guess, when next week starts up.

Thanks for the heads up on that ^.

GO HIPPIES, GO!

~ ~ ~ ~

Well we lost the nerds last night.

Too bad. I liked them. They were a sweet couple who were really rooting for each other and not trying to OD verbally and VOLUME-wise, heh heh.

I'll miss'em.

Lake also needs a good shot of valium (or something appropos) to calm --- down. At least he's not (so far) like that jerk in the earlier AR who constantly screamed at his wife, remember? Brrrrrrrrr. Hopefully Lake and Michelle won't end up like "that couple".... I hope.

Hmmm. Wonder when this little one-two finish with the Frats and the Hippies is going to end and get....uuuuuugly?

Hmmm......

I am so happy that they moved to the Wednesday, earlier, time. My seven year old was missing it every week, and we love this show!

I was sad to see the geeks leave....

Are MoJo just too stupid for words???

As always, I am rooting for the old folks. But my pick to win is BJ and Tyler.

Shari "did you see Phil dancing to the Italian band?" Shoufler

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yeah! ^ That was a neat little (OMG) slipped in there and shown just enough to notice....

Hmmm. So The Phil Guy gets Di Italian Groove on, hmm?

Yeah, I was a little dissapointed that the nerds are gone... although they just didn't have any energy during this last leg. They were going so slow...

And on the last show, I couldn't believe that the lady nerd couldn't figure out that there were two extra pieces... even the frat boys and stupid girls did!

Sigh...

And now the guys end up at the rear of the pack? Oi.....

And they weren't even smokin'anything 'international' to go a wrong direction for an hour..... geez. Hope they can do something to pull back up from the bottom.

Ah well - BYE BYE LAKE - Au revoir. Pip pip. Toodles.