TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

George Michael in drug probe

Shockwave

From: http://othernews.uk.myway.com/article//20060226/A2565931140991261A0.html

Pop star George Michael has been arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs after being found slumped at the wheel of a car.

The singer, 42, was taken into custody at Hyde Park Corner in central London early on Saturday morning following a call from a member of the public.

He was arrested on suspicion of possessing Class C drugs before being bailed to return to a police station next month.

Michael was checked by paramedics but did not need hospital treatment.

He was also initially arrested on suspicion of being unfit to drive, but after being taken to a police station and examined by a doctor he was de-arrested for this alleged offence.

The Sun reported that the singer was booked under his real name, Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "We were called by a member of the public to a man seen slumped over the steering wheel of a car on the street close to Hyde Park Corner.

"An ambulance attended, but the man was not suffering from any injuries so was not conveyed to hospital.

"Police attended and spoke to the man, aged 42. A search of the man revealed what was believed to be controlled substances.

"He was arrested on suspicion of possession of controlled substances of category C and on suspicion of being unfit to drive. "Following an examination by the duty doctor in the custody suite he was de-arrested for the driving offence. He has been released on bail to return to a central London police station on a date in late March pending analysis of the substances recovered."

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey where was George Michael's husband? I believe his name is Kenny???

I understand that Britain has recently changed its marriage laws to permit same sexed couples to be joined. I know that Elton John got joined, maybe George did as well???

George Michael did proposition and off-duty cop in Los Angeles back in 1998. The British magazine called the "Sun" ran the classic headline about the incident "George Michael nicked for sex acts in loo" Ouch! (Posted on the Drudge Report)

Anyhow, I still enjoy his music after all these years! I'm sure that I own the majority of his CD's.

George Michael is a very talented person, I'm sure he'll make it thru this latest incident just fine.

Michael: Your Uncle G.O.B. seems to think that he saw you down at the docks today. Was that you?

George Michael: No. No. Maybe it was the other George Michael. You know, the singer-songwriter.

Michael: Yeah, that makes sense.

michaelcera.jpg.f05fa1db5eb61a870e15211982cc0800.jpg

Hey where was George Michael's husband? I believe his name is Kenny???

I understand that Britain has recently changed its marriage laws to permit same sexed couples to be joined. I know that Elton John got joined, maybe George did as well???

George and his partner Kenny Goss spend most of their time in the US and Europe I think (probably where Kenny is now), as far as I know they haven't married and don't have plans to, unless they're keeping it quiet. But I'm not sure if Kenny is a UK citizen or not, and I'm not sure whether that would make it more complicated.

George Michael did proposition and off-duty cop in Los Angeles back in 1998.

'98?! It was that long ago?! That makes me feel old, I thought it was only three or four years ago!