TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review POSTING RULES!

haha i just joined this site but i have been on other forums for years, so hopefully everybody doesnt hate me

Not to sound mean or anything, but I can't believe that you actually posted that in here, did you even read the rules? I think you really need to re-read the forum rules again, especially this one:

#3. SPELL CHECK YOUR POSTS!!!! There is a completely FREE spell checker available with the Google toolbar. A typo here and there is completely acceptable. We all are guilty of this. But when someone can't READ your post due to bad spelling, grammar, lack of capitalization, all caps (in posts OR thread titles) etc, that's a problem. If you aren't a good speller (and I totally admit I would be lost without my spellchecker) download it now: http://toolbar.google.com/

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! I just went over the rules one more time. I read them when I first joined, but it never hurts to brush up on the fundamentals. I know I may be very opinionated as some of you may already know, so if anyone notices I become "annoying" (hoping I never do!) please feel free to give me a reality check. I'm still pretty new to this site and still learning how it works, so I'm always welcome to advise and constructive critizism.

Now these are rules I think anyone can abide by.

I'm glad to see you guys actually have a rule about "l33t speak" and spell check.

Seriously, no sites seem to care anymore.

For spell check I use Firefox, it has a spell checker in it that will point out any spelling errors in real time.

Comes in handy.

^ Then you should re-read this rule:

5. Do not post for posting sake. What does this mean? If all you do is respond back to posts saying "Yeah, me too" or "I agree" or "Thanks!" you are not adding anything to the conversation. If you do this every once in a while, that's ok, but we have users here that seem like all they are doing is trying to post as much as possible to increase their post count. Well, there is no prize for having high post count, so please, only respond if you have something to add to the conversation. We have a way to edit your post count, and we will use it if we feel you are posting too much for no reason.

• 2 weeks later...
haha i just joined this site but i have been on other forums for years, so hopefully everybody doesnt hate me

Not to sound mean or anything, but I can't believe that you actually posted that in here, did you even read the rules? I think you really need to re-read the forum rules again, especially this one:

#3. SPELL CHECK YOUR POSTS!!!! There is a completely FREE spell checker available with the Google toolbar. A typo here and there is completely acceptable. We all are guilty of this. But when someone can't READ your post due to bad spelling, grammar, lack of capitalization, all caps (in posts OR thread titles) etc, that's a problem. If you aren't a good speller (and I totally admit I would be lost without my spellchecker) download it now: http://toolbar.google.com/

Ouch, sorry, yell at the new guy for not capitalizing every single letter. You guys are really uptight.... It also says "A typo here and there is fine". And okay, my post is at least readable, so try not getting so worked up next time.

I will be careful about my spelling and capitalization. But I hardly ever post in here anyway.

-Alex

• 2 months later...

I just want to add something and say to some of the new TPR members to seriously read the rules before your post something. So far, I have already broken rules #2 and #8 (especially #2) and now I'm in hot water with some of the TPR moderators (mainly Wes).

Now I have reread the rules several times so that I may be a better poster. I want to make sure that I never make mistakes again. And I encourage all new TPR members to do the same. Please read the rules carefully!

That is all. Thank you!

• 1 year later...