TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A new amusement park!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't Wild West World the name of the place in the movie "West World"?

That would not be good. If they have robots walking around, I'm not going! Even for two credits!

That was just WestWorld. They also had Roman World and Medieval World parks (a scene in the latter contains one of the most chilling moments in cinema history).

Two of my favourite cult films of all time- WestWorld and the pseudo-sequel FutureWorld-

The original WestWorld was primarily used using the 'wild west' theme and a still handsome Yul Brynner (Spelling doesn't count.)

The sequel, FutureWorld was adapted from the original, but adapted in a HUGE way- Many different shots were done in many locales (If anybody has ever connected at Houston Intercontinental Airport, You'll remember those 'trams' to the worlds looking VERY familiar- they're the same ones- and one gaffer goof is the map of the Houston Airport on the side of the one of the cars.)

The 'Space segments were shot partly at Johnson Space Center- the launch rocket scene was pulled from the vaccum gravity research facility therein.

For the airline enthusiats out there- did you all get a gander at the uniforms and headrest covers in the aircraft scenes? Laker Airways? First Class?

And who could ever forget the acting skills of Peter Fonda and Blythe Danner (Yes, Will's Mom).

Perhaps somebody will take the opportunity to use those moldy oldie films to turn a Wild West World into a REAL FutureWorld or WestWorld. I'm sure that if Disney could create animatronic presidents (Hmmm... Ever think that Al Gore was animatronic, and that Disney was peeved that he didn't get elected?) then why they couldn't create a theme park full of them? Just a random thought.

Then we could have pleasure bots for everyone. Or whatever they were called.

Hmmm...I never thought of this, but maybe Mike Myers got the idea for Fem Bots from West World. lol

Anyway, we're way off topic.

I'm glad to see this new park coming along. If only we could get more parks in the South East. I know I'm spoiled, but I'm jealous of PA and all their parks.

I like how they have the Chinese Acrobats performing shows three times daily... I mean when I think of the "wild west" I think of Chinese Acrobats and nothing else.

And this and maybe a Legoland in a few years? Kansas rocks!!!!!!11!!1!

It is unknown if the Chinese Acrobats will perform because very recently, at SF Elitch Gardens, they were performing and a performer fell and died, so it is unknown if they will perform

I like how they have the Chinese Acrobats performing shows three times daily... I mean when I think of the "wild west" I think of Chinese Acrobats and nothing else.

And this and maybe a Legoland in a few years? Kansas rocks!!!!!!11!!1!

It is unknown if the Chinese Acrobats will perform because very recently, at SF Elitch Gardens, they were performing and a performer fell and died, so it is unknown if they will perform

• 3 months later...

I realize that this topic is old BUT this is still a theme park in the making. That being said...

The park is coming along well. Some of the twister coaster track is up. It's yellow. Figures. The theming (view from the interstate) is nicely done. The hotel has a magnificent designer and you can tell by seeing it. There are a lot of buildings up and the place looks very nice.

I would like to post pictures, but I need someone that is willing to give me a ride, wait for me to take pics, and then go home. I've asked my mom and she said she would, but she hasn't. I might be able to get pics today because I am going to Wichita, but I am not sure.

I've been following the progress of this park, and I hope it is a success. It is a huge deal in the area as there were billboards and brochures on the park. The rides look well themed, and I can't wait for 2009 when they open the wooden coaster. Does anyone know if a water park is being built/planned for this park since it is Kansas, and it can get really hot?

I emailed the owners a LONG time ago about a water park, and they said they have no plans for a water park. Maybe in future years.

The only good water park near me is Rock River Rapids. I would call it more of a water entertainment complex or something other than water park. It has 6 insane slides and a lazy river. It is a good place to cool off though.

Looking at pictures of most parks from their opening and several years down the road, nothing opens with shade. It takes a few years for trees to fill out and grow around stuff- if you've ever seen that 70's Rollercoaster mad bomber movie, SFMM is a freakin desert. Nowadays, Revolution is surrounded by huge trees and tons of shade.

I think it's cool to see a real park opening in that part of the country, but the name sounds so RCTish that I'd be looking out for patrolling handymen in red overalls to clean things up.

I have been following this park too. IMO it looks like a decent family park. My local amusement park that just moved sold there log flume ride to Wild West World. So when you ride it, just know it came form El Paso TX lol. It was a decent log ride and it should make a nice addition to Wild West World. Oh yea, our Sky Glider ride is for sale for $90,000 if anyones interested lol.

• 5 weeks later...
I've been following the progress of this park, and I hope it is a success. It is a huge deal in the area as there were billboards and brochures on the park. The rides look well themed, and I can't wait for 2009 when they open the wooden coaster. Does anyone know if a water park is being built/planned for this park since it is Kansas, and it can get really hot?

I just read on the site about the "giant roller coaster" coming in 2009, but how do you know its going to be a woodie? Does anyone know anything about it? I'm not going to go all the way up their just for a cheap spinning coaster, but if this turns out, I might just have to hike up there.

Also, anyone have any updates or photos of the park?

I just read on the site about the "giant roller coaster" coming in 2009, but how do you know its going to be a woodie? Does anyone know anything about it? I'm not going to go all the way up their just for a cheap spinning coaster, but if this turns out, I might just have to hike up there.

I know that it's a woodie because the owners will tell you. We emailed WWW with some random question like a year ago or so and they gave us a little more info including the fact that if attendance numbers are high in the first couple years, they hope to bring in a giant wooden coaster.

For ya'll wantin' an update:

It looks as if all rides are up. The spinner looks near completed, if not finished, and you can see the supports for the log flume still under construction. 77th st. is the back road for Wild West World. We drove back there one time (I want to move there) and the rides are right on the road. I can't stress it enough how small the ferris wheel is. It does look cool though. They have all of the covered wagon coaches on the wheel and they are all pretty cool. I haven't yet seen the Wacky Worm, but I've been looking. Walking up to the JW theater, the park looks GORGEOUS!!! The path connecting the walkway to the park wasn't even under construction yet, so I could only see a small bit.

They also have a Wacky Worm!!!!