TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Has anyone else tried this?

Superdasher

Sometimes when I stay at a hotel on a theme park trip or whatever, me and my Dad will spend 15 minutes or so jumping on the elevators. It's REALLY fun.

See, it's like this. You are on the 4th floor. You go to the 10th. When the light hits 9, you jump, and...airtime! It's really amazing.

A couple of words of warning if you want to try it yourself, though.

1. The first time I tried this, which was in a hotel in Orlando after a long day of Dueling Dragons/Incredible Hulk at IOA, I attempted to do it the other way, and hit the floor. THAT was funny.

2. Don't try this on Disney's Tower of Terror!

Let me know if anyone else has done this before (Maybe you, Robb?).

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've done it before. I used to do it the other way though. When we neared the bottom, I jumped up and when I landed it was like jumping out of a tree. Kind of fun. It was always hard to get the timing right though. Too many elevators come to gentle stops as well.

i like to press all of the buttons in the elevators! one time i was on a cruise ship, riding the elevator up and down to explore the ship, (first day on the ship) and when i got to the lowest floor, i pressed all of the buttons and got out and rode the next elevator up.

when i got back to the top deck, a few minutes later, i was walking towards the next elevator and about 10 people walked out and some of them were saying ''oh my gosh! that took forever!!!"".

Sounds like a bad idea.

Here is my experience :

The Millenium Eve I partied hard and got home drunk and high and stoned and got like this inside the elevator . Inside I decided to jump , The elevator started to shke like crazy and instead of stopping in my floor it continued to climbe up (just like in my nightmares).

I push the emergency stop and then I got stucj inside for 2 hours.

It was hard to explain to firefighters what was wrong, so I blamed it on the 2k bug... .

Anyway it is not a good idea.

Hydraulic elevators are awesome for this!

The ones at the Science Museum in London pump up and down with great power. You can easily double the amount of time you spend in the air from a jump when it starts descending. The roof is nice and high too.

Cerberus

i like to press all of the buttons in the elevators! one time i was on a cruise ship, riding the elevator up and down to explore the ship, (first day on the ship) and when i got to the lowest floor, i pressed all of the buttons and got out and rode the next elevator up.

when i got back to the top deck, a few minutes later, i was walking towards the next elevator and about 10 people walked out and some of them were saying ''oh my gosh! that took forever!!!"".

That's really great. Has it ever occured to you that you could be inconveniencing people who actually need elevators, like people in wheelchairs, or tired pregnant women with toddlers?

Sorry, but this is a pet peeve of mine.

That's funny. I think I remember watching an episode of The Simpsons where Bart did the same thing! The Simpsons were staying in a hotel or something, can't remember, and Bart pushed all of the buttons in the elvator (like 20 of them total), and got out. And then, when a woman walked in, the doors closed just as she said "HEY!" and then Bart did his now infamous laugh

The trick to jumping on the elevator is to time it right. If you jump at just the right moment, the elevator will be going maximum speed when you jump but will immediately after slow down, and you'll go up higher and float for a second or so.

the trick is jump right when it starts to go down...me and my cousin did this in an elevator in memphis and i almost hit the cieling and it felt so wierd cuz i stayed in the air for like half a second or more and finally i cam down...my cousin almost got just as high and she's '5 '2