TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

For those curious as to exactly where the new attractions will be placed next year, I was able to confirm with the park that they are going in Flashbacks former home next to Texas Sky Screamer. The frisbee will seat 40 and the wheel will seat 48 giving both the ability to munch people.

I feel "munched" already!

I'm really looking forward to the villains invading Gotham City and I hope they are going to have a specific gift shop where you can buy merch of these great rides! Look forward mostly to Catwoman Whip as the Spinnaker was one of my favs back in the day!

I'm really looking forward to the villains invading Gotham City and I hope they are going to have a specific gift shop where you can buy merch of these great rides! Look forward mostly to Catwoman Whip as the Spinnaker was one of my favs back in the day!

It DID live on for quite a while at Fiesta Tx (as Wagon Wheel) before disappearing a few years back

The truth is you have no courage to ride the Riddler Revenge. So, for you, it's Catwoman Whip all the way!

I will ride The Riddler Revenge too! There was only one complaint about Fright Fest that I had. Friday was Fright Fest Hell and me and my friend didn't get in til 7:30. That wasn't the problem, the problem is even though the dining passes are good til 7:30, on Fridays they should be used til an hour before the park closes. I don't want to have to pay extra, if I have a dining pass, that's ridiculous . That's what really Grinds My Gears.

A few observations from a visit this past Saturday (10/10/2015),

-Ride employees seemed friendlier and more engaging than my usual experience at Six Flags parks, but it was my first visit to this park in many years so I suppose it could just be a regional thing. Some of the added friendliness and crowd pleasing by the attendants did further decrease operational times, which I have mixed feelings about.

-Scare actors seemed really into it right when the event started around 7:00 pm, but as the night went on I noticed more and more of them huddled in groups of 2 or 3 just chatting.

-Wait times in the morning were low with almost all waits being under 30 minutes. By the time fright fest started all lines on major coasters were an hour or longer. Food and beverage lines were also quite long (except for the healthier choices food stand in the Texas section). I thought this was a bit ironic.

-I tried out the platinum flash pass ($90 per person) for the first time with mixed results. The ability to use it on New Texas Giant and Battle for Metropolis was really nice, but Skyscreamer was closed. No flash passes work on Judge Roy, Shockwave, and most of the flats. I would say it was probably worth it for the amount of times we rode New Texas Giant.

This is to the guy who mentioned the scare actors huddled in groups talking, I had noticed that the Friday before last and thought it was nonsense. They wanna talk, do it in the backstage areas and not in front of guests as that takes away the scare factor. They say they will scare everyone but if they out there talking to other actors, hardly scary. For the love of all things scary, quit chatting with other actors while you're "on stage." The people screaming will thank you for it!

Yeah it's pretty dead in here

I flew up to King's Island and Cedar Point this weekend. I checked out our Fright Fest last week and it was much better than the last few years, but man...Cedar Fair nailed it at King's Island...it was AMAZING just to be a patron who didn't do haunted houses. I've been around the country this year. I've hit Valley Fair (meh) SFGADV (Pleasantly surprised at how well they operate for a Six Flags park) King's Dominion (I-305 doesn't disappoint and staff was awesome) King's Island (Great collection of rides, The Beast and Diamondback are fantastic) and Cedar Point (The obvious king of the parks and coasters). I'm trying to get to Magic Mountain this year and I'm headed down to Fiesta Texas next week.

With all of the observations I've made between Cedar Fair and Six Flags and compare them to our park. Our park is really improving and it seems headed in the right direction. Great Adventure was being run like a Cedar Fair park which was pleasantly surprising, I really hope this becomes more of a norm for other parks including ours. We have a lot of improving to do, and I hope they make those changes. We have a good year coming up with new flats and hopefully there's rumblings of a new major coaster coming because we sure need it. I'm hoping that one of our Texas parks will step up their game in the coming years to compete with Cedar Fair better.

Flat ride construction will not start until mid to end of November. Currently a haunt occupies the space where they will go. Gotham will close as per usual the day before Holiday in the park which gives construction a green light to move full steam ahead. The land is already flat and cleared out so it'll mostly be digging a hole for the floor drop, pouring footers, and bolting the new rides in place along with a major rehab of the troika into spinsanity.

The Halloween event this year has been packing them in. Sunday was wall to wall people with maybe 150 open parking spaces in the super far back. The changes they made this year have been paying off as they are being rewarded nicely with high attendance.

There have been several reports that patrons are making false reports about the scare actors (touching people, harassing people, etc) and due to that they've had to change their procedures. So if anything you can blame the patrons more than the park, the park is just protecting themselves from negative publicity from false accusations.

The weather has certainly been good to the park the last several weeks, but that's about to change. The rain is supposed to move out in the late afternoon on Saturday, so that night might be one of the best to enjoy Fright Fest without the shoulder to shoulder crowd.

My spidey senses tell me the weatherpeople have over exaggerated once again and we will see pockets of light to moderate rain for short periods of time.

we haven't had rain at my home in over 3 months. . and it has POURED today.

now, the graphs I've seen have shown HOUSTON getting nailed, but they are predicting up to 15" this weekend in the Hillcountry and East of I35. . .

so I'm thinking it's gonna be a hell of a storm system, but maybe won't get up to Dallas.

but we shall see.

Hey all- new here- good to see a six flags over texas forum! Raining like crazy- I'm a new season pass holder and went for the first time last Saturday- haven't been to Six Flags previously in over 10 years (but do have season passes to Universal in Florida and WDW).

Really enjoyed my visit back to the park- forgot how pretty it is with all the trees (Vs Uni or WDW).

I was planning on going Sunday- but with all this rain, thinking that might be a terrible idea. If it's not raining Sunday, will parts of the park be closed off for flooding? Historically, that is?

My spidey senses tell me the weatherpeople have over exaggerated once again and we will see pockets of light to moderate rain for short periods of time.

Yeah, I think the airport is closing in on 5 inches since 3:00 yesterday afternoon. Light to moderate for sure.

The rain is supposed to start clearing out late in the day on Saturday. The flooding goes away as quick as it rises, so as long as they can clean it up in a reasonable time, I wouldn't expect anything to be closed Sunday. If tonight and most of tomorrow are a rainout, Sunday crowds could be pretty heavy.