TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Everyone keeps saying nothing big. Big I keep hearing rumblings about a disc-o or bowl slide.

A disc-o (although not a coaster! ) would be a pretty decent addition for the park. Particularly if they can put it over where Falling Star was to liven that area back up again! However, I particularly disliked the one bowl slide I've been on, at Kalahari. I really hope that is not what they put in...

Passing up a marketing opportunity on their 60th anniversary would be idiotic and bad for business. There has to be something next year or there is no hope.

Though I suspect parks care less about "anniversaries" than we as enthusiasts do, I have to agree with you. Of course, I think expecting anything new, ever, IS hopeless at this particular park, and as long as CF owns it (which will probably be forever), that will likely be the case.

They should really get a Chance Hyper GTX. I think that it would be a nice fit for the park.

It would be an EXCELLENT fit for the park, either that, or an Intamin Mega-Lite! But, don't hold your breath on that happening... We'll miss you here on the forums!

They might revamp midway theming, like KD did for their 40th. Given the relatively small size of the park, it wouldn't be difficult to do the full park in one sweep. Add in a disk-o by timbers, rebrand that section of the park a la Gemini midway at CP, turn the kids' area into camp snoopy (Zach's camp snoopy?), give the path by the lake down to Thunderhawk more of a boardwalk feel... and then get ready for expansion?

A guy can hope.

Passing up a marketing opportunity on their 60th anniversary would be idiotic and bad for business. There has to be something next year or there is no hope.

You would think they would like to take advantage of the 60th anniversary (it only happens once ) and maybe create some excitement around it but unfortunately I don't think CF really cares. Same for VF next year with it's 40th anniversary. As of now it looks like neither of these parks are getting anything at all. Maybe they will surprise us but it doesn't look good right now based on what we know with only 35 days left for the summer operating season.

Maybe soon Cedar Fair will treat VF and MiA both to something special in the same year just to kinda say "we haven't forgotten you yet"

Another excuse could be that they could say quit complaining. Now you can wait another 8 years for anything good.

Seriously, I feel like I need to take anti-depressant pills every time after reading this forum or thinking about the park.

^The park's "newest" coaster has been there longer than my third born child, who is now old enough (and tall enough) to ride all of the coasters at the park except Thunderhawk. When you factor in THAT coaster is actually as old, really, as Shivering Timbers, and both of them are 6 years older than my oldest child, who can ride any coaster in the world... Well, let's just say you get past the depressing aspect of it, and just accept that it is what it is, and try not to give it too much thought...

^The park's "newest" coaster has been there longer than my third born child, who is now old enough (and tall enough) to ride all of the coasters at the park except Thunderhawk. When you factor in THAT coaster is actually as old, really, as Shivering Timbers, and both of them are 6 years older than my oldest child, who can ride any coaster in the world... Well, let's just say you get past the depressing aspect of it, and just accept that it is what it is, and try not to give it too much thought...

Sounds like you gave it a whole bunch of thought though

Sounds like you gave it a whole bunch of thought though

Not really. It is what it is. It just takes a lot longer to type, and read, than to realize and accept.

^Yeah, CP has that effect on people!

I have a few questions about MiA, for those who have been there in recent years...

-How is the mini-golf course there? Even though it was there last time I was, I've never utilized it. Is it fun? Worth doing? My family enjoys mini-golf, typically, so I was curious. Also, how much does it cost?

-Am I correct in assuming that you can wear your swimsuit and go without shoes outside of Wildwater Adventure, to the three water attractions next to it (Hydro Blaster, Adventure Falls, and Grand Rapids?) I seem to recall being able to do this before, but needing to get fully dressed again to go anywhere else. I'd enjoy doing those attractions, but seriously dislike getting wet in my clothes.

-Is Coasters the only indoor eatery there? Also, is the Backyard BBQ a good place to eat? How much does it cost, if you know?

-Most importantly, is the beer garden still there, and open? For those who are old enough to have used it, what kind of selections do they usually have?

Thanks for any and all answers! Less than a week now until I take my family for the first time, and I'm pretty excited!

^Yeah, CP has that effect on people!

I have a few questions about MiA, for those who have been there in recent years...

-How is the mini-golf course there? Even though it was there last time I was, I've never utilized it. Is it fun? Worth doing? My family enjoys mini-golf, typically, so I was curious. Also, how much does it cost?

-Am I correct in assuming that you can wear your swimsuit and go without shoes outside of Wildwater Adventure, to the three water attractions next to it (Hydro Blaster, Adventure Falls, and Grand Rapids?) I seem to recall being able to do this before, but needing to get fully dressed again to go anywhere else. I'd enjoy doing those attractions, but seriously dislike getting wet in my clothes.

-Is Coasters the only indoor eatery there? Also, is the Backyard BBQ a good place to eat? How much does it cost, if you know?

-Most importantly, is the beer garden still there, and open? For those who are old enough to have used it, what kind of selections do they usually have?

Thanks for any and all answers! Less than a week now until I take my family for the first time, and I'm pretty excited!

The mini-golf was in very poor condition when I went in May. But I believe it was only $3. Also, I'm fairly certain footwear is required at least on Adventure Falls and Grand Rapids. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though. I do remember being told I could't get on Adventure Falls without footwear last season. I haven't attempted to since. And I never eat in the park so I couldn't give the info on that. I'm too cheap But yes, I believe Coasters is the only indoor eatery.

I'm fairly certain footwear is required at least on Adventure Falls and Grand Rapids. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though. I do remember being told I could't get on Adventure Falls without footwear last season.

Man, that stinks... The last thing I want is soggy socks and shoes from riding those rides... I suppose I'll just bring flip-flops for those, though, so it's not the end of the world!

Thanks for your responses!

Here are 2 beer gardens. One in the water park and one where the Go-karts used to be. When I was there 2 weeks ago, they had a few Leinenkugel and Perrin options on draft. Maybe Bud Light too, but I don't drink that. They have a ton of bottled options though. They've actually had a couple of "tap takeovers" this year with local breweries.

Here are 2 beer gardens. One in the water park and one where the Go-karts used to be. When I was there 2 weeks ago, they had a few Leinenkugel and Perrin options on draft. Maybe Bud Light too, but I don't drink that. They have a ton of bottled options though. They've actually had a couple of "tap takeovers" this year with local breweries.

Sounds pretty good! Like you, I don't drink Bud Light (or any domestics, personally), so I was curious about what craft beers they might have on tap, since I know there's plenty of good options from the West side of the state!

For Backyard BBQ, you can buy tickets online. Kids are 7.99, adults 15.99. I have All Season Dining so I can't eat there, but I have in the past and thought it was a great value.

Oh, I missed that. Thanks for pointing it out. I only want to spend on one big (non-snack) meal for the day, but I'd be willing to spend more, if it was a substantive meal! I know what Coasters serves, and I'm not teribly impressed...

Thanks for your input!