TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Flat Ride Aesthetics

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with OP, not only is that tilt-a-whirl bad, but they ALL have this look that just sort of.... pisses me off. The big bubbles look goofy and don't really serve a purpose except to limit your vision (or limit others' vision inward )

One of the lamest looking flats I have seen in person are Cliff Hangers. They're just silly.

Pretty much the worst for me, though is the Wisdom Tornado- the most uninspired ride design in the whole world

Photo cred: flatrides.com

http://www.flatrides.com/rides/tornado.html

Does anyone know when this Huss Jump last operated and where it is now? It's a shame there weren't more of them produced and on the midway!

All I can say is it definitely was not there this year, but I wish it had been- I have never even heard of it but looks fun

I see Coaster Thrill Ride!

^Exactly. I know smaller parks have tight budgets but nice fencing can't be that expensive.

Oh yes it can.... I looked up temporary options for my employer recently, and to buy 6 stanchions + 5 lengths of velvet rope was going to cost nearly $1,500.00- I'm sure after installation costs a queue fence costs much more than you'd think

Edited by LuminousAphid

Well, there are three of them for sure, saying there is a fourth one at the bottom is taking a bet.

Man, the cycle of loading and unloading, must be awful.

The submarine kiddie ride at Darien Lake (I think it's no longer yellow, but I took this picture in 2011) looks kind of bland with just a plan blue background and an empty circle where Daffy Duck's head was.

That ride could have resulted in much awesomeness if they'd themed it right...

That whole area could use an upgrade for Darien Lake. It's been rethemed 3 times already, and with each change, the rides got ripped apart a little more leaving holes and ripped up paint. It went from Popeye, to Looney Tunes, to Adventure Isle, to Beaver Bros Bay. It's a shame because it used to be nice area, and ironically during the SF era.

Speaking of Darien Lake's kiddie rides, other than the submarine ride, the "teacups" ride is kind of the worst looking, but when Darien Lake first opened the kiddie land as "Popeye's Seaport" the spinach can theme teacups made sense, but when Six Flags bought Darien Lake the teacups were rethemed to "Bugs Bunny's Carrot Cans", but when Six Flags sold Darien Lake in 2007 the ride is nothing more than a shell of its former self, no more vegetables in these cans.

Edited by DarienLaker

The submarine kiddie ride at Darien Lake (I think it's no longer yellow, but I took this picture in 2011) looks kind of bland with just a plan blue background and an empty circle where Daffy Duck's head was.

That ride could have resulted in much awesomeness if they'd themed it right...

Picture yourself in a boat on a river.....

• 1 month later...

Darien Lake's Heave Ho! suffers from the same unfinished no topper problem as Blast Off! but with a nice wood grain look, but frankly it needs to be topped off with tree branches and cartoon woodland animals to make it fit in more with the woodsy theme of Rowdy's Ridge.

Darien Lake's Heave Ho! suffers from the same unfinished no topper problem as Blast Off! but with a nice wood grain look, but frankly it needs to be topped off with tree branches and cartoon woodland animals to make it fit in more with the woodsy theme of Rowdy's Ridge.

This is one of the strangest "rides" I have heard of, and it looks like there are some pretty awesomely themed ones around