TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Scared!!!

Is there any coaster you are afraid of? I used to be scared of new types of coaster in the past. The very first time on Nemesis and Oblivion was quite scary. Since I have done plenty of rides the only coasters I would ride with a high adrenaline rush are Intamin rockets but there is no way I could ever give up.

I never left the q-line because of fear. I can ride anything no matter whether I'm scared or not, unless the construction is questionable. The only rides I try to avoid are spinning and merry go round rides because they make me sick.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mom is scared of just about everything. If it goes up, she won't ride it. If it goes own, she won't ride it. If it spins, she won't ride it. If it's in the dark, she won't ride it. If it does anything remotely exciting, or scary, she won't ride it. She pretty much just rides It's A Small World, other similarly "friendly" dark-rides, and transport rides (like the train).

I don't tend to get too scared on rides. Maybe if it's something new. I never do flat-rides, though. The repition is both boring, and nauseating. I can't stand it! I bet Spinning Coasters are the same way, though I've never tried one.

At first (when i was younger than 12), I was just scared of the loops and bigger drops, but I just said, I don't want to go on it, no one forced me to. Eventually, I said to myself, "Got to stop being chicken," went on Great American Scream Machine at Six Flags Great Adventure, and well, now I am riding just about everything I come across. As for flat rides, I am not a fan of spinning rides, and just recently, I've started to enjoy drop rides. So yeah, basically, just suck it up, and force yourself on the ride, you'll enjoy it (sans Vekomas) and you'll love the rides from thereon.

Top Thrill Dragster-I was afraid of a roll-back

oh, and MF on the lift-I was in the front my first time, and I was wondering what the hell I had gotten myself into

Perilous Plunge was freaky too, but only because my dad was trying to scare me

Medusa at SFMW terrified me for the longest time, but not anymore.

I can't think of any specific coasters that scare me now, but in general fair coasters scare me, so I usually avoid them. I don't really like wild mouse coasters either, since they have that feeling like you're going to fall off the track (and sometimes they make me dizzy), but I'll go on them anyway.

As for other rides, I won't go on those upside-down flat rides (spinning flats are fine though).

To this day Hi-Miler scares the crap outta me every time the State Fair comes around. Something about the crooked lift, and the employee’s with sledge hammers smashing the lift hill to re-align the track before we dispatched from the station.

For whatever reason we keep getting on year after year, it's funny in a scary sorta we might die way.

Sean-

Well time to admit it - I AM A BIG CHICKEN. I never been to any coaster above 40 meters and I guess any bigger coaster will freak me out. However, I will ride it even if I am scared to death.

Same here, I can't quit getting on stuff that scares the devil out of me though. I'm one of those hates heights, but will ride damn near anything type park/coaster fans. I always hear people talk about breaking their fear of heights and I really just don't see that happening ever. You just learn to deal with it I guess.

Coasters are no problem for me no matter how tall they are. It's those drop towers that really, REALLY , still bug me.