TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Le Fleury - Crowdfunding their new for 2015 attraction

Crowdfunding has become more and more popular over the years. Music, film, video game, new concepts... It's everywhere! So it was a matter of time before the theme park industry jumps in the bandwagon!

Le Fleury is a very small amusement park located in France (North). Well, it's more like a recreational center with a campsite, water activities, farm animals and of course, a few attractions. They opened an Enterprise last year ("Le Graviti"), and they now clearly want to develop the rides and thrill activities.

Even with all the will in the world, a new ride cost a lot of money, and the small park simply can't afford it all on their own. That's why crowdfunding was put in the equation.

Here is the new ride they want to buy: A 7m (23ft) jump tower by Preston&Barberi:

Capture-1423154644.PNG

It will be themed as a carrot, since the park's mascott is a rabbit named Fleurby.

carotte-sourire-1423222142.jpg

(Yes it's a concept-art )

They also made a diagram of what the attraction cost for each part:

camembert-1423241906.png

-32 000 € for the ride itself

-4 500 € for the transport

-3 000 € for the groundwork and montage

-6 400 € of taxes

And now, here is the page where you can donate money at your will, via the plateform Kisskissbankbank:

Donate

Note that this topic is as much for helping the park than for the solely fun-fact that it's the first time crowdfunding is used for a new attraction. I'm not begging for you to donate money -I know most of you probably have little to no interest in this park- yet if you will I'm sure it'll be appreciated. You can have your name on a plate at the bottom of the ride in honor to all donators. I will, as I was the very first one to donate.

What is your opinion about that? Good or bad idea? Do you see larger parks doing it in the future?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^Nothing can save that park!

On a serious note, this could work well for smaller parks and carnivals. Help pay for the ride and get a few tickets to come back. Or your name on the ride if you donate a ton.

Or your name on the ride if you donate a ton.

Le Fleury will indeed make a small plaque at he bottom of the ride with the name of the backers, and is giving gifts for higher donations. It includes a keyring if you give 5€ or more, entrances to the park for 10€ or more (normal cost 12.50€), annual passes for 20€ (instead of 30€), and so on. Up to a month for your family (party of 5) in a mobile home if you donate 800€ or more (instead of 1200€).