TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What parks should I visit next year?

Next year I would like to hit up some parks I haven't been to already. Cedar Point is about five hours away; that is the furthest I'd be willing to go.

I've already been to CP, PCW, Marineland, Martin's Fantasy Island, Canobie Lake Park, SFDL, PKD. and disney world lol.

Anyway, i was thinking about Geauga Lake (how do you pronounce that, anyway?), Kennywood, or Hershey Park. Comments? Suggestions? Something I should know? I know lots of people have crap to say about GL, but it has a floorless, impulse, and flying dutchman, none of which i've ever been on.

Let me know what you think!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When up in WNY I went over and hit Lake Compounce, Six Flags New England and Hoffman's Playland. The first two are pretty good parks and a moderate (but boring) drive from Buffalo (five-six hours tops), and Hoffman's is near Albany and has the best bumper cars on earth in my opinion. You could also do The Great Escape since its about an hour north of there. Best of all, it and SFNE can be done with a Six flags Season Pass that you could get @ SFDL.

Knoebels (about five hours) and Kennywood (about four hours) would be great picks too!

I believe it's pronounced "GE-Ah-Guh". Not postivie though.

Only wanting to go as far as CP kind of limits you, but if you decided to do a longer trip....

What about doing a trip to Six Flags Great America and Wisconsin Dells? Do you like water parks at all? If so that would be a GREAT mix of water parks and coasters! And you could possibly hit CP on the way back!

Doesn't Southwest have some cheap flights from Buffalo to Chicago Midway?

Otherwise Geauga Lake and Kennwood would be a nice trip, epsecially if you've never been on a Floorless or an Impluse.

--Robb "It's pronounced Gee-Aww-Gah" Alvey

I think you'd be fine with Geauga Lake and Kennywood. You could also include Knoebels, Dorney, and Hershey in that range, and SFGAd isn't too far away, especially if you have enough money for a hotel around 1 of those parks.

If you had enough time off and money, you could probably even do them all on 1 big screwed up trip, driving down and stopping at Geauga Lake, then Kennywood, then Hershey, Knoebels, Dorney and finally SFGAd (you could include a bunch of little parks along the way, like DelGrossos, Lakemont, and Idlewild). Or if you don't have enough days off in a row, you could do what I did this year and break it into 2 different trips; Geauga, Kennywood, and Idlewild (or Waldemeer and/or Conneaut) one 3 day weekend, then Hershey, Dorney/Knoebels, SFGAd another. I know its tough doing trips in the summer while in college and having no money, but thats why you meet up with others to split the cost (its how folks like Elissa and myself managed to stay on top of the current thrill rides while still not blowing all of our college summer earnings)

I would definetley hit up SFNE seeing as it's about 6 hours away. I live in upstate NY and the drive time for me is about the same. I think there's a deal with the Days Inn near the airport where you can get hotel rooms and park tickets together for a huge discount. I think I paid something like $150 for 2 people for 2 nights + park tickets. Not bad if you ask me. If you are going to hit up SFNE.. I highly recommend getting the gold q-bot. It's roughly $75 for 2 people, but when I was there last year I waited no longer than 5 minutes for every ride... including Superman. It actually got to the point where I was tired of going on coasters and decided to leave after 5 hours. Granted I had been on at least 30+ rides by that point. Highly recommended.

If not that.. Hershey is about the same distance. I went to Hershey during on a weekday in July and waited only 15 minutes for Storm Runner. It's another great park with some great hotel deals if you shop around.