TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Being a Teen Ride Enthusiast?

^Really? That's great, what is it exactly that you want to do?

I used to want to design roller coasters, except I'm terrible at geometry and trigonometry, which you need to design roller coasters (the only class I ever got a C in) or otherwise you would design roller coasters that either collapse or kill people. I still remember everyone in 8th grade on Graduation night wishing me good luck with my future roller coasters/theme park, but as of this moment it doesn't look like I will be involved in that in my career, although if I could design roller coasters properly I would.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got my email back from Kent at Hersheypark (Director of Engineering) on my questions for college and ways you can get to his type of job! Very nice reply and he took his time with it. Very thankful...

If your interested in designing coasters or that's your dream, and you have good grades, let me know and i will share them with you!

I finally got my email back from Kent at Hersheypark (Director of Engineering) on my questions for college and ways you can get to his type of job! Very nice reply and he took his time with it. Very thankful...

If your interested in designing coasters or that's your dream, and you have good grades, let me know and i will share them with you!

I'd like to know more about this!

^ That's awesome.

Hopefully for me, with a major ride company (Proslide) in my home province, I can pull my math grades up and lice the dream myself... Also, with proslide designing water rides and not coasters, hopefully it'll mean I can ride anything I want on my own time (whereas if I worked for, say, B&M, I might get in trouble if I rode TTD while on vacation, as that ride's made by their their arch rivals).

I'd like to know more about this!

So would I!

^ That's awesome.

Hopefully for me, with a major ride company (Proslide) in my home province, I can pull my math grades up and lice the dream myself... Also, with proslide designing water rides and not coasters, hopefully it'll mean I can ride anything I want on my own time (whereas if I worked for, say, B&M, I might get in trouble if I rode TTD while on vacation, as that ride's made by their their arch rivals).

I'm not sure you would get in trouble exactly, but maybe if you said, "TTD is the best coaster in the world!"

^Ya... Tht probably wouldn't be a good idea lol.. Also couldn't go on and brag too much about the park in the city where pros life's hq is, as its built by their biggest rival, Whitewater lol.

If u wanna talk more about all the career stuff, feel free to PM me.

• 1 month later...

My friends thought I was crazy at first because I would talk about if I went somewhere on vacation that an amusement park had to be nearby. Now they are starting to get used to it and often ask me about rides, and when it is a good time to go to the parks and in what order to ride the rides.

My one best friend is starting to love coasters and doesn't mind listening to me go off about all different type of rides. The morning of SFGAdv's Zumanjaro announcement we had XC practice and she actually asked me about any new rides coming to Dorney and SFGAdv.

^that's assassins!

I have a few friends who have kinda concerted over to enthusiasts. I find I've ones who have seen to already be hardcore into something else, usually gaming. It makes sense now that I think about it. If they have that strong passion for something they enjoy already, some of that mindset probably varies over to rides.

My being a coaster enthusiast all started with Roller Coaster Tycoon. I find being a coaster enthusiast as a teenager is tough though because you're limited to where you can travel and of course the amount of money you have. Me being in my second year in college and in my final two years of being a teenager, I still find it hard traveling anywhere outside of Southern California and Las Vegas due to money being the main problem. Broke college students ftw! I do thoroughly enjoy being a roller coaster enthusiast because it adds more excitement whenever I get to ride coasters. I really want to go to a TPR event but I feel like I'd feel totally left out haha.

Yeah, at my school, girls didn't really care that Batman at SFGAm was the first B&M Invert/Batman clone. I started getting into coasters after my older sister bought me the first Roller Coaster tycoon. After that, I started going crazy for coasters. It really took off after my parents took me to Disney's Magic Kingdom back in 2008. So, none of my friends really care for coasters, and one even thought I was making a perverted joke when I said "Intamin." My family is going down to Holiday World next week for a halfway stop between where I live (Carpentersville, IL) and where we are going (Nashville). Tried to convince my parents to 3 hours out of the way to Dollywood, they said no. Tried to convince my parents to stop by Beech Bend Park on the way back, they said no. So it's really hard for me to get a credit when I get the chance. One time my sister paid me $10 to get me to stop talking about roller coasters. I guess no one I know understands me

I don't want to be an enthusiast my entire life. I love theme parks, and I want to spend a lot of time around them. But, ACE and posting on TPR don't pay the bills. I'm really passionate about Theatre, and I want to create characters that not only perform in shows that connect with people, but each person on a personal level by themselves.