TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with A.J. here, They have never said that.

Anyways, this game looks really great! I cant wait for it to be fully released eventually. I'm glad they are taking the smart approach to making it successful.

The goal wasn't reached in the kickstarter, so they are not committed to porting it over. Current plans are windows only. Of course, that may change in the future, but for now, the answer is no.

The more support for a mac version, IMO, the better... So by all means show your support for it- I'm just answering a question.

Does anyone know if it will be possible to make transport rides with custom cars?

I'm guessing that as you can make coaster cars from scratch, you could simply make a flat 'coaster' with cars modelled on monorail cars and the track covered over with blocks to look like a flat single rail. I'm assuming since we will have complete control of models and physics we will be able to make things appear anyway we want.

When this is fully working I want to make a replica of Alton towers theme park, starting with the monorail system.

Does anyone know if it will be possible to make transport rides with custom cars?

I'm guessing that as you can make coaster cars from scratch, you could simply make a flat 'coaster' with cars modelled on monorail cars and the track covered over with blocks to look like a flat single rail. I'm assuming since we will have complete control of models and physics we will be able to make things appear anyway we want.

When this is fully working I want to make a replica of Alton towers theme park, starting with the monorail system.

I've been kind of wondering the same thing as well. It would be nice to be able to create our own tracks for our trains to ride on, but from the folders I see in the C Drive, I really don't know. I hope that we can because I have some nifty ideas that I would like to implement such as a skyride and monorail.

Just checking, is the version released a full version of the game or is it not completely finished?(excluding future updates)

It's a very early access alpha. Currently no rides/coasters and to be honest even ambitious path or landscaping layouts are giving people a few headaches! That said the sooner more people pay for access the faster it can all be sorted and will become a full game.

It's definitely on the right track, what there is working is very flexible and visually very good indeed.

Just downloaded it and started fooling around with it a little. It really is a great looking game, and I'm really excited to see it as it develops more and more! I'm actually really glad that everything isn't released yet. I'm not getting overwhelmed trying to learn everything at once. It also is working great on my Mac! Well, parallels with Windows XP on my Mac that is.

Just downloaded it and started fooling around with it a little. It really is a great looking game, and I'm really excited to see it as it develops more and more! I'm actually really glad that everything isn't released yet. I'm not getting overwhelmed trying to learn everything at once. It also is working great on my Mac! Well, parallels with Windows XP on my Mac that is.

I agree with you - except about owning a Mac that is

With mainstream releases like rct3 most people got straight in to making crazy coasters and never spent the time on making a parks layout and scenery stunning.

At least with this release, people are forced to spend time doing everything possible with path layout and scenery to begin with. It's probably a better way to start a theme park design.

That's not necessarily true. Sometimes you have a really good idea for a big attraction (like a roller coaster) and you then construct the environment around it.

That's not necessarily true. Sometimes you have a really good idea for a big attraction (like a roller coaster) and you then construct the environment around it.

Sometimes sure, but is it better? Strictly speaking about TPS which is designed to make the most realistic theme park, I think its more realistic to start with a landscape and make coasters (or whatever) use that landscape.

But really my point was that this way people are forced to get to grips with landscaping, because it's all they can do for now. A lot of RCT3 players never really bothered beyond the very basic.

I think it should be fine, some users reported that TPS was pretty slow on their PC but mine runs NL2 and TPS extremely well, so I believe you'll be ok. It's a little difficult to say without knowing the specs; you can see if your laptop will be fine here, scroll down and the minimal/optimal requirements are at the bottom of the page (before the comments).

I finally understood the basics of the controls and how-to in TPS and managed to make this test park :

new_TPS-success.PNG.8d02dba99cf1259097b5f1389b7b158a.PNG

I hope to be able to import custom scenery soon, but for now this is my best attempt yet.

Edited by booink

I finally understood the basics of the controls and how-to in TPS and managed to make this test park :

[attachment=0]new_TPS-success.PNG[/attachment]

I hope to be able to import custom scenery soon, but for now this is my best attempt yet.

After finally experiencing TPS, Was it hard like NL? Or easy like RCT3? I'm dying to know!

It was more difficult than RCT3, but easier than No Limits. If you check out the help section of the game, you'll find all the shortcuts. The game is more simple than it looks, and that's a good thing !

I'd say the biggest problem right now is the absence of an undo function (I'll probably fill a feature request to get one, it would really be useful!)

It was more difficult than RCT3, but easier than No Limits. If you check out the help section of the game, you'll find all the shortcuts. The game is more simple than it looks, and that's a good thing !

I'd say the biggest problem right now is the absence of an undo function (I'll probably fill a feature request to get one, it would really be useful!)

I already sort of knew that it wasn't going to be as easy as RCT3, but I am SO DISGUSTINGLY HAPPY to find out that it's easier than No Limits, especially NL2. That has been my fear ever since this was announced.

With No Limits 2, basically all you have to do is take whatever notion of simplicity that you might expect from it and just flush it down the toilet.

With No Limits 2, basically all you have to do is take whatever notion of simplicity that you might expect from it and just flush it down the toilet.

I'm sorry, but...what?!? What's so complicated about a control point curve?!?