TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disney, going down, down, down...

My aunt works for IBM and she just got back from a meeting in Richmond, Virgina (No she didnt go to BGW) where she works with Disney, Mervins, and other companys.

She said that one guy said about Disney is that they are having some major problems and things need to change, by November they will be "ok"

I asked why, but she didnt really ask...

Thats all I know now.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will find, that this has to do with the movie arm of disney, over the coarse of the summer most of there movies have tanked at the box office, they wound up "Miramax".

In the Miramax deal they had to release i think 30 picutre's before the 30th September..

So i think there problems at the moment is not with the theme parks..

^ Told you what, though? That they were having some serious problems? What does that mean? What was his position at Disney?

I work at Disney and I'm telling you that 16 monkeys are working on fixing the serious issues and that we've hired a team of rabid pigeons to construct a new version of Tower of Terror out of egg shell cartons and tomato paste.

I have a lot of friends that work at Disney, especially at the resorts. Occupancy rates say a lot about how the park is doing and i can tell you that they have not been struggling to bring people into the resorts and the parks. Sure they have some issues to fix and some sections of the Walt Disney Company may not be up to par, but they are far, FAR, from a meltdown.

We'll see how much it changes when Eisner has his puppet regime in office . At least the new guy is going to get back into talks with Pixar since we see how well Disney is doing with trying their own animation.

I miss the standard animation but obviously American families would rather take their kids to see Scary Movie 3 over Brother Bear..

Eric

^ Told you what, though? That they were having some serious problems? What does that mean? What was his position at Disney?

I work at Disney and I'm telling you that 16 monkeys are working on fixing the serious issues and that we've hired a team of rabid pigeons to construct a new version of Tower of Terror out of egg shell cartons and tomato paste.

Sounds like the best one so far.