TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

College Football Discussion

^^ Auburn runs more than three plays, but it isn't necessarily the plays they have to scheme, it's all the different types of formations and motions that Auburn shows teams. Gus Malzahn isn't stupid, he'll have all kinds of new stuff to throw at Florida St. As mentioned above, if Auburn executes their plays, Florida St won't stop them.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned above, if Auburn executes their plays, Florida St won't stop them.

FSU doesn't need to stop Auburn, they need to match them. The question is - can FSU hang 40+ points on Auburn? LSU, Texas A&M, Georgia, and Missouri have all shredded the Auburn defense this season.

Right now, I feel like FSU is going to win this by double digits. They've been the most well rounded team all season long, and I think their defense will be able to slow down Auburn. That's why they play the game, though. It will be way more interesting than if FSU had played OSU.

This really could be one of the more exciting NC games in a while. Could easily be something like 45-42 or maybe more of a point spread.

I agree. I don't think either team is going to be able to slow each other down. Going to come down to turnovers IMO.

Apparently Nick Saban has had a contract extension sitting on his desk from Bama since last Friday and with the rumors of Texas coach Mack Brown resigning at the end of the week, Alabama officials are starting to get worried that he hasn't signed it. I don' think Saban is leaving Bama for Texas, but is merely using this as a bargaining tool to get what he wants from Bama. Either way, I think Texas wants to hire a big name guy. I think they would be better off going off with an up and coming coach. How about Saban's defensive coordinator, Kirby Smart? They've had major problems on defense and he would help, plus he has had a great view on how to build a great program. Texas can give him all the assets he needs to make it happen.

I'm actually starting to buy into the Saban to Texas rumors. And even him saying he isn't going to Texas means nothing. He flat out said he wasn't going to be the next head coach at Alabama, and then a week later was announced as the new coach.

He has built an absolute monster at Alabama and could retire and easily get more championships, so a normal coach would call that good enough. But there is just something about Saban's character that makes you think he is just bored at Alabama and is ready for a new challenge.

^^Yeah, I think Saban (like most coaches in college football) is just a little bit crazy, and leaving Bama in the middle of being the best program in the history of college football for a struggling program like Texas (with a TON of cash to spare) is a move that probably peaks his interest just a little……

If Saban leaves Bama for Texas, I'm calling it now that Dabo Swinney leaves Clemson for Bama, and there is a chain reaction across college football as a result of it………..

^One thing is for certain: everyone is going to get richer, whether it be from their new school or their current school giving them a raise to keep them…except the players.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Saban to Texas for one reason (other than the money of course): what else does he have to prove at Alabama? I think great coaches are "wired" to always want to be challenged, so moving on to try something else is just natural to them. If he takes the Texas job, has anyone ever won a national championship at three different schools?

^ I think Texas is going to still try and force him out, but I don't think they're going to be successful. He seems to be dead set on coming back next year and I don't thing Texas really wants to fire him after everything he as done.

If you remember a few years back, Will Muschamp was the head coach in waiting like Jimbo Fisher was at Florida St. If Muschamp was still there, you have to think Brown would be out by now, but when Muschamp left and they didn't find another head coach in waiting, they lost a lot of leverage in making Brown leave. If he didn't want to leave, they could basically say alright, if you're going to stay, then you have give up most or all of your duties to Muschamp and the coaching staff. They could basically diminish him down to the next Joe Paterno. He roams the sidelines, shows up to practices, does all the interviews, helps in recruiting and is basically the face of the football program. But, he isn't involved in any of gameplaning or anything that wins them games,but still gets all the credit. Brown seems like a proud coach who wouldn't want any part of this. He doesn't have any NCAA records to reach and has no reason to stay if they told him this and he would probably feel the need to resign.

When Muschamp left, I think it really screwed up their plan (and their defense) of replacing Brown and now their having a hard time of finding a way to replace him, but not look like total a**es in the process. I'm starting to wonder if some of these rumors of him resigning at the end of the week were coming from people at Texas trying to amp up the pressure to get him to resign. I also wonder if some of these Saban rumors were from people at Texas trying to amp up the fan pressure against him. What Texas fan would want Brown over Saban? I'm probably completely wrong, but these are just my thoughts on the whole situation.

^^I think the Spurrier magic is gone…at least by the standards Texas will be expecting. He dominated with his offense at Florida, but now everyone has some innovative/gimmick offense. South Carolina is certainly much better off than before he arrived, but he has still yet to win the big games for them!

I see Charlie Strong ending up at Texas.

^^I think the Spurrier magic is gone…at least by the standards Texas will be expecting. He dominated with his offense at Florida, but now everyone has some innovative/gimmick offense. South Carolina is certainly much better off than before he arrived, but he has still yet to win the big games for them!

I see Charlie Strong ending up at Texas.

With the Texas recruiting base if you gave Spurrier 5 years at Texas, he would get them to the National Championship game.

^South Carolina has always had top 25 recruiting classes under Spurrier (even ranked higher than Texas last year according to rivals).

I do think he would have a better chance of winning the BIG-12 than the SEC, but he would also now have to out gun some of the best offensive minds in the country as well. Would be fun to watch for sure.

According to reports, Chip Kelly is at the top of Texas's wish list. I don't think he'll pull a Petrino considering the success he's had in the NFL so far, but you can never really tell what these coaches are thinking now days.

Edit: Apparently Texas's new AD is really shooting for the stars. Add Pete Carrol, Mike McCarthy, Jim Harbaugh, and Mike Tomlin to his wish list along with Chip Kelly.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10147169/chip-kelly-philadelphia-eagles-link-texas-longhorns-job-speculation