TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Indian Point Ballpark [RCT2]

^thanks. I had a thought of making a giant guitar but when I'm only limited to NCS, its pretty difficult. I actually did make a mediocre guitar in my first park I ever posted here. If you want to see it, follow the below link and its the 3rd or 4th picture:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56942

Looking at now, its so embarrassing how horrible that park was. There was no planning, no decent coaster designs, terrible use of scenery, and it was just bad. Still, it was my first.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

Yes, it has been a month since I've last updated. No, the park is not (nor ever will be) dead. Just have some pictures on the developing boardwalk area, including the woodie, Mako, and some flats (unfinished pics mostly).

Just wondering here, since I've shown you guys this park, does that mean I cannot enter it at NE? Please reply anyone with knowledge on the topic. My intention is to submit at a later date.

mako queue.BMP

Mako, the queue and station

mako lift.BMP

Mako's lifthill and backside of the station

mako 3.BMP

Mako, ncso supports and catwalk

mako 4.BMP

Most of Mako's layout (how are the bushes by the path?)

mako 5.BMP

Same pic, different angle (how are the bushes by the path/)

sawmill.BMP

The Sawmill Scrambler, a personal favorite, and playground

sawmill 2.BMP

Same pic, different angle

playground.BMP

The playground by Sawmill Scrambler (and monkey bars)

That station for Mako is great and that layout is phenomenal. The queue however, I don't like. Its to bland and flat in my opinion. Add so of that dark blue in the station somewhere in the queue other than just the posts... That would help a lot I think.

As for the flat, I like it. Perfect. The playground however is too "messy" (I'm not one to talk). It may just be the colors but I'm not liking it, sorry.

Oh, and I like the shrubs by the path. lol.

Great work as always!

^^Thanks for clearing things up for me

^Thanks for your in-depth comment. I'll try to improve that queue today and post a pic. You're right, the queue is very bland, it was intended just to be short and sweet. As for the playground, it does seem a bit messy. I might take away the large trees to add some smaller ones, scrap the jumping fountains, and move the monkey bars (how are the monkey bars?). Other than that, any ideas on how to avoid this "messy" appearance?

I think for the monkey bars instead of using the SLC track use the inverted hairpin coaster track. Also, that is one of the best woodie layouts I have seen for this game. I can tell it was inspired by Twister at Knoebels.

Unfortunately, I did not account for the inverted hairpin coaster when I created the scenario. I made a copy of the monkey bars with that track and it looked much better. In the pic below, I have an inverted B&M and SLC track, still deciding which to use (unless there is a way I could add the inverted hairpin into the game without hacks).

Sure...the woodie layout was inspired by Twister...let's say that (but I've never been to Knoebels though). Really, its based on Wildcat @ Hershey, Hammerhead @ Wildwood, NJ, and just a general boardwalk woodie style.

So, I've worked on those areas and I just have some improvements up for your consideration

mako queue.BMP

Mako's queue (hows the waterfall?)

mako 6.BMP

Back of Mako's queue

sawmill 2.BMP

Updated Sawmill Scrambler and playground area

playground.BMP

Updated playground area (which track for the monkey bars?)

Thanks for your feedback but everyone's just criticizing the monkey bars now (which I might not keep at this point). The only way I might keep some monkey bars is if there is a way that I can put the wild mouse tracks into the game without causing my computer to explode. Any ideas?

What about the new queue? Better? Worse? How can it improve?

• 3 weeks later...

^Joel? If by that you mean Billy Joel, than I approve.

I'll be posting an update later this weekend, I just wanted to show you guys some behind-the-scenes work to constructing the stadium, truly the hardest part of the park when it is almost entirely scenery rising to 130+ feet. Also, please post some feedback on the possible wall colors (see the last picture).

SCR1.BMP

The row of seats normally...

SCR2.BMP

Same section, but no seats (imagine having to construct this for 4 decks with 10 sections each)

wall colors.BMP

Which color should I go with for the outfield wall? Please respond

This is one of the most creative ideas I've ever seen for a park. I'd like you to keep the monkey bars and I'm fine with the SLC, but if you were able to get Hairpin track, it would look cooler. As for the outfield wall, I'd go red to match the color of the signs around the gates.

^If I had to pick a middle-name, that would be mine.

Thanks for your comments guys. In case anyone was wondering, Mako was constructed entirely from the broken bats used against Marino Rivera, just saying. Heres that update I promised (don't forget to comment on the pictures and on the wall colors):

hotel cali.BMP

The Hotel California, a maze surronded by a hotel

hotel cali 2.BMP

Same pic, different angle

touch-em'-all.BMP

Touch-Em'-All, a merry-go-round that I'm not sure about the name for

sign.BMP

"Indian Point", in case you cannot read, which letters need some work?

stadium overview.BMP

Current overview of the stadium, which letters in the sign need some work?

sky club.BMP

I moved the Renegade's Sky Club for a better spot. which color for the outfield walls should I use?

Mako was constructed entirely from the broken bats used against Marino Rivera, just saying.

I'm surprised it's not a bigger coaster then.

By the way... Renegades... Indian Point... I know this is supposed to be Buffalo but do you live in the Hudson Valley? It seems very inspired by that area.

Mako was constructed entirely from the broken bats used against Marino Rivera, just saying.

I'm surprised it's not a bigger coaster then.

By the way... Renegades... Indian Point... I know this is supposed to be Buffalo but do you live in the Hudson Valley? It seems very inspired by that area.

Finally, someone realizes the many references. Yes, I'm a proud New Yorker, huge fan of the Yanks, Giants, Knicks, etc. A lot of the park is inspired by my experience at the Jersey shore, Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, New York's metro system, etc. By the way, the park is in Savannah, Buffalo was the original idea but that changed with the boardwalk idea.

Thanks for your comments guys

Edited by QueerRudie

Awesome... I'm a huge Yankees fan, I try to go to about 15-20 home games a year.

Anyway in the interests of staying on topic I think the surrounding boardwalk area is awesome, reminds me a bit of Keyspan park in Brooklyn (which I think has a new name now).