TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official East Coast Bash 2011 Thread!

Are you interested in East Coast Bash at Hersheypark?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in East Coast Bash at Hersheypark?

• Yes!

^I think we get to test a super secret new candy bar, one that will put Slugworth out of business for good!

I'm so pumped for this event, and to find out what all these surprises are! It would be nice to go behind-the-scenes in the Chocolate Factory, considering the last time I got to do that it was because somebody seized and we were all evacuated... Can't wait!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Well, please keep in mind that this is a "park event", not a Chocolate World event. So something like that won't be possible. Sorry to disappoint.

I'll just stop saying anything about the event right now as I don't want people to be disappointed with what we have planned if it doesn't live up to their own ideas of what they'd want.

We got our tickets in the nick of time.

Btw, there is a motel 6 in harrisburg that has some good rates if anybody is interested. Also, if anybody is interested in meeting up at kennywood the day before the east coast bash, let me know. Plan on hitting kennywood on the way there, and waldamier(sp) and connieat(sp) lake on the way home on monday.

Just wondering if anyone else is going solo or will have an odd numbered group? My wife has been having back problems so she won't be able to go on the coasters with me. I don't want to be the guy in the "Single Rider" shirt.

Just wondering if anyone else is going solo or will have an odd numbered group? My wife has been having back problems so she won't be able to go on the coasters with me. I don't want to be the guy in the "Single Rider" shirt.

I have no problem riding with you even though I am with someone.

I often ride alone because I smell like poop.

I often ride alone because I smell like poop.

Oh, so THAT's what I smell through my Macbook's fans every time I go on the site...

This will be my first TPR event. I saw that between 9am and 10am there will be Fahrenheit ERT, Storm Runner ERT, and a backstage tour of Lightning Racer. What is the best way to handle simultaneous events? I would like to do everything (obviously), but at first glance it seems like I will have to pick only one or maybe two.

This will be my first TPR event. I saw that between 9am and 10am there will be Fahrenheit ERT, Storm Runner ERT, and a backstage tour of Lightning Racer. What is the best way to handle simultaneous events? I would like to do everything (obviously), but at first glance it seems like I will have to pick only one or maybe two.

I'm banking on 1 ride each real quick followed by the walkback. I have ridden both so no biggie, but the walkback is something you don't get to do everyday! I would think it should not be too crowded because of the race up at Pocono that day. You can always ride the rides during the day. I am looking forward to Lightning Racer in the dark. That is gonna be awesome!!!! I just hope this heat breaks somewhat that day and it is not so ungodly hot like it has been around here the past week or so.

Based on my past experiences, you shouldn't have any problem getting to do everything that morning, including multiple rides during ERT.

For everyone whose first TPR event will be this year's ECB, let me just say that you have no idea what you're in for. I've attended three TPR trips, three Bashes and one Club TPR Day, and I always leave wondering how in the world Robb and Elissa were able to top themselves yet again.

As far as the weather, right now they're calling for highs in the mid- to upper-80s.

^That's great weather, in my opinion. I hope it stays that way. I really cannot wait for this upcoming weekend. I'm actually going to be in Allentown on Friday and Saturday for Dorney Park and a Drum Corps International (marching band) competition, and then I get to go to ECB! Two of my favorite things in one weekend: music and rollercoasters

And thanks for your input!

Okay, so, I haven't been to Hersheypark in a while -

All I'll be taking with me is a backpack with a change of clothes (and to put my glasses in when riding). Does Hersheypark still let you place articles like backpacks to the side of the loading platform, or would I have to use a "thing that you turn a dial and it goes click" to put it in?