TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cd Onride videos- which coasters?

Hi everyone !

I rode Xcelerator last year, and i was able to buy an onride dvd of us onride Xcelerator.

I also got it on Blue Fire at Europa Park.

I would love to know in which other coaster in the world we could do and buy this thing?

Please help me to do a list of all the attractions where we could have a video of us onride.

Xcelerator - Knotts Berry Farm (USA)

Blue Fire - Europa Park (Germany)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alton Towers has this whole day film thing where you wear a wristband and it censors that your on each ride and films it. Idid it and it was really cool.

Rides: Nemesis

Air

Oblivion

Sonic Spinball

Rita

The flume

Rapids

You just pick up a wristband from the start of the day where they give them out at the entrance or at the hotel monorail station and if you don't like it you don't have to pay. Also you can save them for the next day if you want to and collect them up the next morning.

Alton Towers has this whole day film thing where you wear a wristband and it censors that your on each ride and films it. Idid it and it was really cool.

As far as I'm aware, the YourDay System is now out of action and has been for a couple of years.

Although, I do know that there is now the more conventional style of video on Oblivion run by Picsolve and not YourDay. It just records you while you ride without the whole YourDay nonsense mixed in.

Other rides:

Saw: The Ride

Stampida (both sides)

I think (but I'm not positive) Cedar Fair removed the ride videos from all of their coasters. I am positive that Raptor, Flight of Fear, Woodstock Express (CP) and Volcano have been removed this season. Maverick was just testing the cameras and never actually sold any videos (thankfully). Apparently the brackets that the cameras were mounted on were not withstanding the g-forces and CP gave up.

Very interesting that CF removed them all after the Knotts incident.

Well, I did hear that the video which leaked of the Xcelerator accident came from someone that worked for CD!Ride. Not sure if that is true or not, but seems logical. (Who else, other than the park, might have it, and why would they have leaked it?)

I'm sure if it was true, the first thing Cedar Fair would have done is sever all business relationships with a company that their trust is questionable.

Again, this is all purely speculation.

--Robb