TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Dollywood's Adventure Mountain!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks really cool. I had no idea it wasn't an upcharge until reading your report. I'm just wondering if there's any way for you to hit your head on any of those steel beams. I've done a high ropes course before and when you fell you would go down about 4 feet. They had a balance beam at the YMCA that I did the course at and you could definitely knock your teeth out if you fell. I'm also wondering how much you fall, because if someone were to fall and have trouble pulling themselves back onto the beam it could slow down capacity. This seems like a very good attraction. I would guess that after checking out this attraction many families will better consider doing the zip line tour.

I really like how all of their new attractions fit into the park well and aren't out of place.

When on the mountain, is there a set path that you have to follow? I've only seen the one at NU, and that one looks like you have a set path to follow, but I could be wrong.

It was directional, meaning you could only enter the obstacles in one direction. However, there didn't seem to be any set course to follow. In fact, most kids, (mine included) would go over a crossing, double back on the chicken bridge and cross the obstacle again. I don't recall any set course that you needed to take. We just meandered around and explored as much of the structure as we could until closing.

Wow!

Adventure Mountain looks like a great addition to Dollywood. I initially figured it would be like Sky Hike at Stone Mountain Park on Steroids, but it's appears to be like Sky Hike on both Steroids and HGH

^^^ There's no way you can hit you're head on anything with that guide rope. I slipped a few times when I did the aforementioned Sky Hike, and had no injuries what-so-ever(Other than slight rope burn).

Those were Really good looking pictures, Guy

^Thank you. I wish I had taken more, but I was with my family, and sometimes it's hard to step away to get enough for a decent TR. Also, they don't allow any loose articles on the structure as you really need both hands for everything. There is a greeter at the que to check people.

Guy "Yes, they do have Locher$. Or as TPR likes to call them, Lockers." Koepp

This looks really neat. Now I really can't wait to go. I will be performing at dollywood next friday with my high school band, the thing im wondering is how crowded it is there at this time of year.

~Ryan

It was pretty busy there last Wednesday, so we got the Q2Q as it saved us a ton of time. If it's busy, you should get one. Dwood's Q2Q is priced very reasonably. I think less than $10 per person, and even cheaper the more people you add to it. With my platinum pass discount, I think it ended up being like $5.50 each for the five of us.

Guy "Much more reasonably priced than say a flash pass." Koepp