TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

I've come to expect in park versions of chain restaurants to be either an express version (limited menu) or same menu but elevated prices. I also don't expect having the same quality as establishments outside of the parks. For example I used to get Skyline Chili at Kings Island but now I wait until I leave the park since the in park stands are not up to the same quality (overcooked spaghetti on a three-way Is too soggy for my liking).

They used to offer more in the opening season like onion ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings, mozzarella sticks, and other apps and sides, but they must've taken a lot off the menu if that's all they offer now. It probably was taking business away from the other stands on the midway.

I wish I would have stopped by the Anchor Bar stand when they had more items then! Yeah One thing i'm sure of is that the few times i've been there, all mid season, there has only been a select 5 or so items to choose from, and no sides besides fries. I was disappointed because I really like their Honey Garlic sauce they have in restaurant.

I've come to expect in park versions of chain restaurants to be either an express version (limited menu) or same menu but elevated prices. I also don't expect having the same quality as establishments outside of the parks.

That's a great point and so true. I always get excited seeing a Panda Express at a park, they realize that many of them don't have as many options. Thankfully, my home park has a big selection at their Panda Express. Although I think it would be old if the called the park version "Panda Express Express"

I hope that Darien Lake gets a new coaster in 2016. Is if I had to say that again, but changed the year for it!

I doubt a coaster for 2016, due to sale of the park and by the time the sale closes out there won't be enough time to design and build a coaster. I think we'll see new trains, paint, and a new theme/name for ride of steel, wink wink so it looks like 2016 will be 17 years for Darien without a new (thrilling) coaster.

Really guys, 2 days with no posts?!?! Doug, can you give us any more hints or info about next season PLEASE? I'm hopefully going to attend fall fest at Darien this year, it's a shame that there's nothing for the adults as far as haunted houses and scary things. Hopefully the new owner will make it suitable for families and adults like six flags used to do. Family by day fright by night.

Yes it did make mention of the meal plan. It also said something about discounts at other parks with details to follow, or something to that effect. That to me is a clear indication that the park will not be owned by CNL next year and will have one owner with other parks and no management company in the middle. That in itself makes me happy and ready to renew now. They also have a great deal to buy now and pay in February, which is pretty cool