TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas Discussion Thread!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone wants to talk about the park, this thread can stay open. Especially with TPR ready to visit there shortly. I'm sure talking about the park could get some trip participants amped up. However, if this becomes a speculation thread, I will be forced to lock it.

With that said, I have been to SFFT on three occasions. I really like the park and they have a nice selection of fun coasters. Roadrunner Express is very underrated. They also have a varied flat ride selection, fun water rides, great atmosphere, friendly staff and guests and decent food.

I have never caught a show at SFFT because I tend to go in April before the shows start, but I have heard they are overrated (Golden Tickets voting is getting better, but still not credible in my mind).

As I said I really like the park.

I'll be making my first visit to the park next week as part of the TPR Texas trip. I'm really looking forward to Krypton Coaster! I'm not much of a show kind of guy so I'll probably abstain. I'm also curious to see if Rattler is as painful as advertised.

SFFT is my home park and probably my favorite park as well. It's nice to see how the park has grown over since I worked there in the mid 90's. I'd say my favorite thing about the park is it's uniqueness with the quarry setting. I don't think there's another park out there like it. I can't really say much about the shows but I know the Rockville show has always been popular ever since the park opened.

As far as the Rattler....yes...somewhat of a pointless layout. I miss the original first drop. It's also got the Incredible Shrinking Fan Curve. Like I've said before the Rattler needs "Extreme Makeover Rattler Edition"

SKC is a great Floorless. I wouldn't necessarily say intense but I would say fun. Poltergeist is really cool and a fun ride especially when they got rid of those horrible OTSR retraints and went to lap bars. As far as Boomerangs go....I don't care what anyone says about them. That first drop ALWAYS scares me and gets my stomach. Goliath......well....it's a B&M.....fun and intense no matter what it's called. And yes we know.....Goliath is not the tallest coaster in the park. Get over it and ride it!

In a lesson on "how to start a thread" I just want to put this out there -

Most of the rest "park discussion threads" were all started with a specific disucssion topic.

This actually gets the "discussion" part of the thread going.

If you're going to make a "discussion" thread, but don't give anyone anything to discuss other than "Hey, let's discuss this park" perhaps you should wait to start the thread until you actually have a topic of discussion.

While I don't mind that this thread was started, a bit of focus would have been nice.

Just look at the recent Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom thread if you need a good example.

--Robb

After visiting SFFT back in May, I'd call it a rather solid park.

Number one pro for me was the quarry setting, especially what Krypton Coaster was able to do with it. I've been on floorlesses before, but I'd never sailed off a cliffside on a floorless before. That was pretty cool. Also enjoyed the numerous flat rides, most noteably the Hustler. Those balls don't have the annoying brakes that Disney put on their teacups.

The water park inside the theme park is a nice touch as well.

My thoughts about the park.

Rattler:

On opening day for the 2009 season the ride didn't open tell 5pm or 6pm cause of high winds. When I rode it, it was the roughest I ever been on it. During the ride my lapbar came up and it would stay in place, so I just had the seat belt. In April when I rode it in the front with my sister, it was smooth.

Wiggles World:

It was so color full and bright and great for my baby sister. My other sister that is 13 had so much fun she stayed in that area for the most of the day.

Superman and Poltergeist:

Needs more theming and SKC needs new signs.

^Poltergeist is an awesome name, but the ride has so much potential with its theming. I always thought they missed the boat on that ride. If they added a pre-show theming it to the movie, and exagerated the run-down, abandoned house theme, it would be awesome! People keep saying they think SKC should get the Bizarro treatment, but Poltergeist would be awesome.

Poltergeist will be great with a pre-show.

Road Runner and the log ride needs fixing on the animatronics.

Superman would be great with audio and fire affect, but I wouldn't like a Bizzaro Treatment. The color blue and purple wouldn't go with the quarry wall then red and blue.

I waited two hours for Poltergeist. Wasn't worth it. GREAT ride, but no ride is ever worth 2 hours, IMO.

I went to SFFT back in March. It's such a nice place. Small sized (which I like) and has lots of great rides. Could definitely be entertained all day. It was so crowded that we had no time to see any shows. Operations really were awful. I understand it was still the school year, but the ops they had really were slow and on rides like Superman, there would be single riders asking if they could go fill the empty seat, and they never let anyone. They walked pretty damn slow to the next row of seats when checking restraints in the station. I really was disappointed in that.

I waited two hours for Poltergeist. Wasn't worth it. GREAT ride, but no ride is ever worth 2 hours, IMO.

I went to SFFT back in March. It's such a nice place. Small sized (which I like) and has lots of great rides. Could definitely be entertained all day. It was so crowded that we had no time to see any shows. Operations really were awful. I understand it was still the school year, but the ops they had really were slow and on rides like Superman, there would be single riders asking if they could go fill the empty seat, and they never let anyone. They walked pretty damn slow to the next row of seats when checking restraints in the station. I really was disappointed in that.

I lived by this park until 2006, and my last visit was in 2007. From what I've heard, Shapiro has really let this park go downhill since then. I never had problems with operations, and the only time their operations weren't at maximum capacity when they should have been was the year Poltergeist was down to 1 train for rehab.

Poltergeist will be great with a pre-show.

Road Runner and the log ride needs fixing on the animatronics.

Superman would be great with audio and fire affect, but I wouldn't like a Bizzaro Treatment. The color blue and purple wouldn't go with the quarry wall then red and blue.

I don't think audio or fire would make it any better.

I like it the way it is.

I visited SFFT for the first time over two days back in June. I enjoyed it immensely and rank it among my top three Six Flags behind SFMM and SFGAm. I think it has a better mix of flats and coasters than a lot of other parks and pretty good operations. I loved the setting as well. No real complaints, except they should try to run three towers on Scream when it gets busy.

The shows were good stuff as well!