TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR, 10 day credit run through Europe

Nice TR, I really enjoyed it so far! You got some beautiful pics, with those clear blue skies

But what's with the Bob cars?! Did every car had a blocked front row? And what I really want to know is: WHY???

Have fun on the Scandi trip!

Yeah the skies were awesome until we got back to Germany...

Yes all the cars had the first row blocked of, no idea why, maybe they wanted to increase the realism of the cars by only having 4 riders/car like the big ones in the winter games...

I believe it had something to do with safety.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 4, part 2

I loose my GCI virginity (part 1)!!!!

Now came the time I was waiting for quite some time, it would be the first time I rode a true GCI. Sure I have some experience with 2 coasters that have been re-tracked by GCI, one that was running great and one they had completely ruined , but that's not the same.

So yeah since we are still in the Netherlands it could only mean one thing, TROY!!!

Well when we bought our entrance tickets, my brother asked if Bas was working that day, and unfortunately he wasn't , then they told us that Troy would close at 5 pm, we had no idea why they thought that we wanted that information...

Well that meant that we had to get as many rides as possible in the 2+ hours we had until 5.

Getting close...

Getting closer...

TROY!!!

First droppage, drool!!

Through the buildings for some Troy action

Hmmm, is there anyone here at all??

Ahh, the people in the park are riding the coasters..

Already got that credit

Too bad that leaning forward isn't the best position to experience airtime in...

Half indoor, half outdoor flume ride

But this is the reason why we are here

Getting closer!!

These coasters looks really nice up close

Mmmm, turnaround

They even have a wooden horse

Nice triple crossover

Hmm, either there is a load of people with cloaking devices or we might get loads of rides today

I'm guessing that we will get a load of rides today, YAY!!

Waiting for the back row

Brake nerd shot!!

OOoooOOoouu!!, magnetic brakes!!

A load of riders having a great time

Hmm, does this classify the ride as an enclosed coaster...

So 20+ rides and a short rain shower later, it was time to leave Troy

Really nicely themed coaster

Great ride

Awesome setting

Bye horsie

True GCI's looks so sexy!!

Before we left we gave the indoor coaster some love

Did I say the parks was empty??

Random stuff outside

Great looking ride

And we finish this day with a panorama shot of one of the best wooden coasters in Europe.

Safety?! What's wrong with the safety in the front rows? The other rows are exactly the same! Last year everything was normal! I really don't get it... Do you know anything more about it?

Anyway, glad you liked Troy, Loefet! I really like it too, it's the best woodie I've ridden so far.

And I'm still enjoying the TR, can't wait to see the rest! Keep up the good work

Safety?! What's wrong with the safety in the front rows? The other rows are exactly the same! Last year everything was normal! I really don't get it... Do you know anything more about it?

Anyway, glad you liked Troy, Loefet! I really like it too, it's the best woodie I've ridden so far.

And I'm still enjoying the TR, can't wait to see the rest! Keep up the good work

Just checked the Belgian messageboard Themeparkvision and apparantly it has something to do with the safety during winter periodes. But that's just a rumor.

^^ It didn't blow me away to be ranked higher then T-Express or Balder, but it's a really solid wooden coaster.

^ If it's just for the winter season then lets all hope that they remove the blockade to the Summer season...

Day 5

A load of small parks

This day were more of a transport section on the trip, from Aachen to Mannheim, we had scheduled 2 stop, but it suddenly became 3 after we decided to turn of the Autobahn earlier then the GPS wanted, but the GPS avenged our decision by sending us on some tiny roads on several mountainsides.

Too bad that I lost some of the images on this day in a file transfer accident so I cant show pictures of that...

Anyway back to the parks for today.

First stop was a place called Mondo Verde, the park is like a small zoo with loads of themed sections to various places on earth (which we didn't bother to look at), the park seemed like a pretty new and they that had just bought their first coaster for this season, it wasn't a new credit for us though...

We were talking to one of the ride ops at the place and she were mighty impressed that we knew so much about the ride and that we had traveled all the way from Sweden to ride it

Pictures from Mondo Verde:

I spy a credit!!

Hmmm, it looks strangely familiar...

Where have I seen this one before...

Woohooo!! it's Cirkus Expressen from Liseberg, my first ever credit

It's so strange to see it so nude

Still gives some lovely air in the back

Wiiii

They haven't bothered to put up the roof

Looks so nice at the new place

Have a happy life here

Buy now

The park had some other rides that weren't operational at the time we went there

They had some animals between the entrance and the coaster so we shot some images of them:

Some cat kind a thingy

Some animals with spikes

Some kind of Bird

Hmmm, it almost looks like we are the guys to hire if someone is going to make a web page with images of back ends of animals

Inside the Tropical section in the park we saw this sign

They weren't joking!!

Some nice looking birds

Then on the way to the next park, we saw signs pointing towards Nürburgring, and we couldn't stay back at this point so we headed in that direction, and after randomly drive around the race track we spotted something interesting:

Loads of supports and track

And even more supports

Installed track

What will become the tall turnaround

Just some straight track

And parts of the section between the station and the launch

Then after navigating some strange small steep!! roads with impossibly tight corners it was time for our final stop before we headed to the hotel in Mannheim.

The place was no other then Klotten which is home to the famous Heiße Fahrt coaster. We were very unlucky with the weather that day by the fact that it was extremely windy, which meant that we were only allowed to ride the coaster with at least 3 people in it and it almost stalled several times along the route, which meant that the ride wasn't as good as it could have been , but it was still pretty awesome.

Entrance

We made our way towards the credit

The cars were really dragging their way around the final helix

I wish that the wind would have been weaker so that we would have more speed over these humps

Another load of happy riders

Gerstlauer are the masters of spiraling drops

This was the best section of the ride (because the lack ow wind to slow us down)

Now you see the car

Now you don't

Nice and low

We also rode the water slides

We got some rides on the Nutical Jets

SPLASH!!

And the crazy cableway

Man this looks cool

The location of Klotten is pretty awesome!!

Next up EUROPA PARK!!

Day 6, part 1

It's all about blue fire!!

Today was the big day, the great return to Europa park to ride one of the most eagerly awaited rides for this year, blue fire Megacoaster!!

This was also the main reason why we bought the Liseberg season pass, since we got free entry here as well

Since my last visit I only really liked one coaster at Europa park, and that was Eurosat, no other coaster in the park gives such an amount of riding pleasure then that, and no Silver Star is one of the worst coasters I have ever ridden (this opinion haven't changed after some rides of it this year). But now there is blue fire, and OMG it's the best coaster in the park by miles. It ticks all the right boxes, smooth, fast, great launch, awesome inversions/direction changes, superb themeing and the trains/restraints are some of the best I have experienced on this kind of coaster. Mack are really on to a winner with this concept, no Intamin accelerator coaster comes close to this one in re-rideability and fun for a large portion of a family.

Both thumbs up from me, I almost dare to say that it might be the best new coaster for 2009.

We managed 5 rides on it, the first one in the front row was really great and the remaining 4 in the last 2 cars were equally awesome.

The best bits of the ride are the tight over bank after the loop and the inline twist.

Now on to some drooling over pictures of blue fire and more!!

At the hotel we spotted this car and wondered if he was scared to get lost

After about an hours drive we spotted something in the distance

Screw Silver Star, it's all about blue fire

Hmm, when did the Germans nick Colosseum from Rome??

That's more like it

The location where we parked

It's such a "mehh" coaster

This is the main reason why it sucks so much

First we got an awesome ride on Eurosat

They even had a Space shuttle here, hi Chris

We walked past Poseidon

And while we did that we saw a SPLASH!!

Euro Mir is not my favorite coaster

But they have a cool space station

So we treated it with a ride

But that's the main reason why we are here

If you ever though an Intamin looked good, then have a look at this!!

It gives great airtime here

It was only a 40 minutes wait all day with 3 trains, so we had to walk for a while

But it doesn't matter since you can get great photos from the queue

See what I mean

Again

Looks a bit funky, but rides great, it's like a sideways B&M hill (but much better)

One of the best bits on the ride

Dive Dive!!

Rise!!

Final turn

Loop

Pretty rubbish picture, but it's blue fire so I don't care

There will be many of these kind's of pictures here

Likewise with these

Even more airtime

You get so close to the rock at so many places

OMG, we are going to crash

Sideways floater is awesome

-1,5 g's here

Nice

This turn is extra awesome since you don't have OSTR's to bang your head against

Same goes for this location

Some of the most comfy seats on a coaster ever

It's just looks so good

Zoom!!

Whoosh!!

I can see my house from here!!

Man that thing is gorgeous

This thing rides like a dream...

hope that I never wake up

If this would have been an Intamin it would hurt like hell

But since it isn't, then Wiiiiii

'I will never get tired of these shots

Take the tunnel!!

A cool way to take aerial shots

Twisty

Did I say it was fast!!

OK, brake nerds be sure to have a towel close by:

If that won't make you sweat then nothing will

Absolutely awesomeness

Everything must come to an end sadly

This is the most awesome inline twist ever, it really whips you around

Getting there

Also some really snappy transitions

Inversion!!

Airtime!!

Pure filth!!

Brakes again

Now to leave blue fire for a while for some other pictures

But I can always treat you with some extra blue fire first

You can almost touch the rock

POWER!!

Mmmmm delicious

Massive loopage

I really think we needs to see something else for a while

Look a log flume

And a power coaster

And some bears

The bears are guarding this mine

Where they dig up valuable stuff

Wait, those are just small mirror balls, so that's how they're made

I'm guessing he is the boss

Look a dragon

Something, the thumbnails on photobucket are to small for me to tell what it is...

Even more stuff

Even more

Does these never end

Some water plaything

They have some nice tow boats

They even get you to Africa

So this is how it is

I'm not sure that we are welcome (or at least he isn't...)

Poor doggy

Beware they have crocodiles here as well

Nice waterfall

Monkey!!

We left Africa and went to Switzerland instead

Not as good as the the one at Heide park

Looks nice though

In there is what used to be the best coaster in the park

They even have a giant radio telescope as themeing

I can't take this anymore, NEED MORE BLUE FIRE!!!!

That's more like it

YAY

It really blends in nice with the sky

Mmmm, Twisted Horseshoe Roll

The trains looks so good from every angle

Atlantica SuperSplash wanted a picture

Sexy

Get ready for brakes!!

Airtime hills without OSTR's are great

Great piece of track there

With train

Looooop-deeee-looooooooooooooooop

Corkscreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwww

The track penetrates the loop

Sweet

Other angle

Nice

Then suddenly some maintenance guy came out on the brake run to measure the temperature before and after a train pass by

Swoosh!!

I interrupt the drooling with a giant SPLASH!!

Cool transport

Too bad that this hunk of junk don't deliver any airtime

It's pretty rough as well

I hope they remove and build a blue fire clone in you place since it's awesome!!

Buy Buy

The final shot from blue fire, I miss you!!

Day 6, part 2

Awesome alpine slide!!

On the way back to the hotel we had found an alpine slide little less then an hour east of the park which we had decided to see if they still had it open when we arrive. Since the both of us were interested in how one of these track based ones ride.

When we arrived there was just a few kids riding the slide, and after we had gotten 2 of our 6 rides we bought, the owner wondered if we had the possibility to come back another day since it was just the two of us left, and they had some problem with too many slides in the "station" and not enough riders. But when we explained (in German) that we didn't have any chance of returning there and that we were from Sweden, then he just laughed and said that we could get our last rides and just let the cars pile up at the end

Really great service, and I can really recommend anyone to go there if you have some extra time after Europa park!!

Pictures:

Awesome place, with really nice staff

It's over 1 km in length

You start with 3 lift hills!!

Where the last one is insanely steep

It almost go straight up

Nice helices and other tight turns

I really recommend this place, go there!!!

Day 4, part 2

I loose my GCI virginity (part 1)!!!!

Now came the time I was waiting for quite some time, it would be the first time I rode a true GCI. Sure I have some experience with 2 coasters that have been re-tracked by GCI, one that was running great and one they had completely ruined , but that's not the same.

So yeah since we are still in the Netherlands it could only mean one thing, TROY!!!

Well when we bought our entrance tickets, my brother asked if Bas was working that day, and unfortunately he wasn't , then they told us that Troy would close at 5 pm, we had no idea why they thought that we wanted that information...

Well that meant that we had to get as many rides as possible in the 2+ hours we had until 5.

Sorry you guys, but I was in school that day. Im glad you had a wonderfull day at my humble little park.

Next time, send a pm in advance, so I can know what classes to skip

So...thank you VERY much for this extensive review of Blue Fire.

Riding Blue Fire in the front row...when it`s "warm"...with the arms up...going through the inversions, especially the last one...is coaster-heaven to me.

And I guess you know why...

Besides...I don`t think Silver Star is THAT bad...there definitively is some Airtime, and I don`t think it`s a rough ride !

But anyway...I wrote that before : Nearly everyone seems to like Blue Fire beyond personal preferences.

And what I ask myself is : When will the first GROUP of TPR`s (Hi Rob !) will come to check out Blue Fire ???

Cause I will definitively be there to celebrate this...

Have a good time...and thanks a lot again...

GeorgeT

Wow! That coaster at Mondo Verde has one long train! I bet that it gives a crazy ride in the back seat (for a junior coaster that is).

With a full train it always give a good airtime in the back row.

@ hyyyper

If we had thought about it earlier then sure we would have PM:ed before, but since this trip was a bit now or never we didn't really get that far. I really like Toverland, we really needs more of these quirky indoor parks that also have some ace rides outside

@ Wood Dragon 1988

There are longer slides in the area (one almost twice as long) but this one was "on the way" back to the hotel, so we stopped by for some rides

I don't think iSpeed will be better for one reason only, it have OSTR's and that Intamins tent to develop some bad shaking/vibrations on certain areas which I don't like, blue fire have none of those, which is why it's so awesome!!

@ GeorgeT

Yeah, blue fire is one of my all time favorite coasters, and as you said, going through the last inversions with hands in the air while leaning forward is just heaven

Silver Star have as you say "some airtime" not massive airtime on all the hills as I want, which is why I think Silver Star is extremely overrated. It's not rough as in "gives you a massive pounding", but vibrating rough that gives you massive headaches which in my opinion is way worse, since I quite like the other type...

@ DBru

Yeah, Eurosat is inside that globe thingy, and it's one of the best enclosed coasters I have ridden, mainly since it's so quirky, and the lift coupled with the soundtrack makes it even better.

@ raptror6

Not as long as t Revolution at Bobbejaanland, but it's still pretty long, and as my brother said after you, a fully loaded train on that one gives the back seat riders some nice ejector.

^ He was talking about Wilde Tijger Achtbaan and not Silver Trim

Next up day 7

Day 7 part 1

The beauty of silence

First park of the day were initially decided to be Holiday Park, since we would save some distance to drive on the way to the hotel that evening, but hansrubens told us to go there in the evening instead to give EGF a chance in warming up, so that it would give us a better ride then in the morning. So we looked at the planning and discovered that it wouldn't be that much longer to do Tripsdrill first so that was what we did.

Tripsdrill is one of those nice little small German parks with loads of themeing and some really ace rides.

Pictures:

On the way in the morning we spotted a Concord, and behind the trees is a Tu-144, AWESOME!!

I think I see some wood behind those trees

Looks like we are at the right place

Another Meisho wanna be

It's one of those Zierer Tivoli Large models

Really awesome queue themeing

The whole park is themed like the wine district that surrounds it

Completely made in Germany

Looks great to look at, wonder how it rides

Even more themeing

Rides like a dream

Wonder if he have caught the Swine Flue from the coaster

Do you get that last caption

YAY TPR approved

Nice airtime

At least these friction brakes work

Greatly themed station

Looking back towards G'sengte Sau and the flumeride

This must be the most silent wooden coaster I have experienced

Looks really nice

In case you wondered what it's called

Future parts of the queue

They will soon experience some airtime heaven

Clever themeing

Lift hill through the window!!

A whatchamacallit

And a thingamajig

Soon our time

That's a sharp train

Looks almost like a Intamin P'n'P

Rides like one as well

But it isn't

It's a brilliant family woodie

Take the TUNNEL!!!!

More themeing under construction

Now for another ride on the G'sengte Sau

But first a SPLASH!!

These guys looks really creepy

See what I mean!!

Hmm, do they expect that there are midget that are going to ride this one?? Why would you ever start with at 10 cm on a

They weren't expecting a crowd today

They have a pretty nice Rapids ride

And a really nice loading system

But the best bit must be the cannons

BOOM!!!

Bye Tripsdrill

Next up a big disappointment...

Day 7 part 2

Disappointed!!

So the second park of the day was Holiday Park, for some EGF action. We had already ridden it a few years ago so we knew what it was like, and even if we had ridden it on a warm summer evening, when they are running their "Summer Night's" openings (which means that they are open until midnight), we still weren't impressed with the coaster. Will this visit make any difference??

Well, no.

We were very disappointed with the rides, it had some severe shaking on some bits, and the trims completely killed the ride, we almost got more airtime on Silver Star then on the final bunny hops on EGF, and the train was seriously dragging itself around the last couple of turns

So in a way this visit changed my view of the ride, it dropped even further down in my ranking, and I'm almost ready to say that I like Thunder Dolphin more then EGF...

Pictures:

I spy some tall rides behind those trees

This is supposed to be one of the best coasters in the world??

Looks quite nice though

This was the only hill that gave us some great air...

I'm not a big fan of that drop...

I'm pretty sure that no one have this picture...

These trims feels like a pause button...

Wiii

While waiting for the back row

Looks nice

Drop through the trees

The better of the two coasters in the park

Going for a spin

These rides are really cool, scary, but cool

The lower turn was taken way to slow

DROP!!

Lift hill stuff

The second train had a T-bar transplant

This must be a first, an image for the train senor nerds

LOL, it even broke down for us

Open says me

We rode in this car

Hmm, why do he have a skunk on his car??

Next up is one of the days with the most global warming...

Sorry to hear you didn't have such a good time on EGF... You really do need a consistently hot day and, as hansrubens told you, to wait until right at the end of the day to get the best rides out of it. In all the times I've been there, I've definitely had amazing rides on it where you barely notice the trims at all, and also some where you really do, and it kind-of kills the second-half (but I'd never say I'd had a bad ride on it). Last year*, and also three years ago it was running really well, although I'm not sure that's any consolation...

Robin

*Although that said, Hanno wasn't quite so impressed with it on his ride last Spring, and then it came good for the TPR Europe trip in the Summer, and stayed good for my late Summer visit...

^^ It was kind of the same thing for us, last time we where there in 2006 then we got some decent rides (a lot better then this time) but it still didn't blow me away such that the Mega-lites and Goliath have done. So this visit really killed my view of this coaster

^ We stayed on the ride till one hour before the park closed, it was then it started to act up all weird (the train lost connections with the electrical system in the station). But it had been running all day, sure it was a bit cool, but a top notch ride should be able to deliver during all conditions (maybe not amazing but still give a good ride), not that you really have to time your visit when it's great weather.

Our visit before as I stated above was during a hot/warm summer night but I still wasn't impressed with the ride during those rides...

So in essence, EGF don't deliver what I want, it's just a a matter of taste...