TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Congratulations DCody!

I'm not a fan, but I've been extremely impressed with her writing, based on Juno and Candy Girl.

It's all about The United States of Tara!

Congrats on making Family Guy! I love that show and if I were to get mentioned in it I'd want to call up Seth MacFarlane and thank him.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its satire kids, another great reason to be an American. This weeks Family Guy was good, not the best ep. But a fun one nevertheless. Interesting pop culture mention that fell into our neck of the woods with Ms. Cody, maybe Robb/Elissa will be next.....

That was pretty mean in my opinion, I'd be hurt by something like that.

I'm not a fan, but I've been extremely impressed with her writing, based on Juno and Candy Girl.

What next for DCody? Guest spot on Robot Chicken - maybe they could have her chainsawing the Family Guy crew to pieces. Getting a guest spot on The Simpsons would be a real accolade. A South Park spot probably wouldn't be pleasant.

You know family guy and robot chicken are both co written by Seth Green right?

Anyway, it was kind of mean. But like a lot of people said, if I was on family guy, I would be so happy no matter what they said.

Besides, who hasn't been made fun of on Family Guy involved in modern pop culture?

What next for DCody? Guest spot on Robot Chicken - maybe they could have her chainsawing the Family Guy crew to pieces. Getting a guest spot on The Simpsons would be a real accolade. A South Park spot probably wouldn't be pleasant.

Anyway, it was kind of mean. But like a lot of people said, if I was on family guy, I would be so happy no matter what they said.

I didn't know Seth Green was involved with Family Guy (I like it but I don't watch it regularly), though I used to think Seth MacFarlane was involved with Robot Chicken for some reason.

As far as being mean goes, this did seem a bit on the nasty side, rather than purely satirical.

I didn't know Seth Green was involved with Family Guy (I like it but I don't watch it regularly), though I used to think Seth MacFarlane was involved with Robot Chicken for some reason.

As far as being mean goes, this did seem a bit on the nasty side, rather than purely satirical.

Yeah, he is the voice of Chris(the son) and I am pretty sure he is a co writer. Also, Seth McFarlane is one of Robot Chickens producers(I think)

To all those who are wondering why I posted this.... it's a JOKE on family guy. As Robb said, being mentioned on Family Guy is an honor in itself. It cements you as part of popular culture. After meeting her at SFMM, I didn't get the impression that DCody was the type of person that wouldn't take this as anything but an honor, that's why I posted it....

-James Dillaman

The episode "Blue Harvest" had a parody of Green and his association with Robot Chicken. It was hilarious!

I just saw the episode. Diablo's cemented in pop culture now, but the comment was ugly. We're talking about "bitter drag queen hatin' her life and yours" ugly. Oh my goodness!

I know it's in good fun, but when I belonged to a gay forum where there were constantly comments like this, I had to fan the flames as follows:

nuclear_explosion.jpg.dadc740e927c7fa9dcd887d08ece59fd.jpg

Comments like this will set your entire world aflame!