TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20th Season

I was told today that the city approved only one height variance request. But, I was also told that the variance has some strings attached. One of the park's taller rides will have to be removed in order for this new attraction to be built. Obviously the tallest attractions in the park are Derecho, Parachute Falls, and Undertaker. I think it's safe to rule out both Derecho and Undertaker. That leaves Parachute Falls as the only remaining tall attraction. Since there has been absolutely no sign of construction anywhere in the park, next year's new attraction might fit into Parachute Falls' footprint. I doubt a coaster will fit into that spot so it might be a flat ride of some sort. Hopefully the park will announce the ride soon.

The park has yet to make an announcement about Parachute Falls' fate.

But we can't make too many assumptions. There is a lot of unused space around the ride. I've heard that the theater might be removed in the coming years.

I don't think this side of the midway will change too much next year.

Vulture's had quite a rough season, it's been closed several days that I've gone to the park.

Today was a good day for Thunder River.

The Great Swings... swinging!

I guess this could be the ride's final season!

- Joe

Knowing CD5's habit of throwing curveballs, I have a gut feeling that Parachute Falls won't be leaving anytime soon but will be replaced by another beloved ride (Vulture or Derecho probably).

Vulture seems likely as Arrow Suspendeds are getting older and becoming more of a maintenance problem. Even though I don't recall any Suspendeds closing down around this time period, it seems that this one's been having problems.

Derecho's another curveball.

Or it could be something completely different. SF was weird around this time, closing a lot of classic attractions in return for newer, bigger attractions.

20th Season

The park released a small press release today that stated that Parachute Falls will not return next season, but instead another yet-to-be-announced attraction will take its place.

Yet another one of the original Charleston Gardens ride will leave us soon.

The ride without a doubt provided some of the best views of the park.

At least Derecho is safe for the time being.

I think it was safe to say Undertaker wouldn't be leaving!

Hopefully the park will announce the replacement attraction soon!

- Joe

20th Season

We're nearing the end of the season, and still no word on what's coming next year. The park did confirm that Parachute Falls will remain open for the remainder of the season, so you have a little more time to get your last rides in!

Both of the new rides in the Gotham Backlot were experiencing technical difficulties today.

Thankfully Chaos opened later in the day.

I'm not sure if Undertaker's ever been closed more than a few minutes since it opened.

I'm curious to see if next year's attraction will top Undertaker...

I guess we'll see!

- Joe

20th Season

Today is the last day of the park's 20th season! It's been an excellent year, and the addition of Undertaker proves that this park is no longer a local amusement park. I think we can expect big things in the future!

Through the loop!

Everything is winding down!

Except for Undertaker's line!

Parachute Falls, 1975-1998

- Joe

Through the loop!

Parachute Falls, 1975-1998

- Joe

Reminds me of Hersheypark's 2004 season. First year for Storm Runner (Undertaker) and the last year for Giant Wheel (Parachutes). Will miss seeing them in your park. I'm surprised you didn't keep them longer as SFGAdv and SFOT still have theirs.

21st Season

SIX FLAGS ANNOUNCES REBELLION FOR 1999 SEASON

CHARLESTON - Ride it if you're brave enough! Six Flags South Carolina's newest thrill ride will forever change the skyline of the popular South Carolina amusement park. Rebellion will slowly take riders 260 feet up in the air in six four-seat carriages. Then, after a short pause, riders will then plunge back to the earth, at speeds exceeding 70 mph.

"We see this as another great investment for this park," manager Joseph Reynolds said. "We want to continue to push the envelope and offer world-class thrill rides at Six Flags South Carolina."

Rebellion is being manufactured by IntaRide. The ride will become the tallest ride at the park.

Season passes are on sale now. Rebellion will open in April of 1999.

21st Season

Wow! We're finally at the park's 21st season, which ironically, is the last season before the 21st century arrives! This year's addition has broken the park's skyline... by a longshot! You can see Rebellion from miles around. And as one of the very first riders, I can say with confidence, it is the most terrifying ride at Six Flags South Carolina. Let's take a look at it!

As you can see, the park's skyline looks different!

The ride's logo is nice!

The carriages seat four riders. You can ride with your friends!

The carriages slowly rise to the top of the ride's highest point of 260 feet. You get a great view of the surrounding area!

The anticipation builds as you near the top of the tower. You might find yourself asking, "Why did I do this?"

As your carriage pauses at the top, seconds will seem like minutes. You might even close your eyes!

Once the carriages are released, it's not so bad! But you do have a ways to go before you're back to Earth!

I'll have more soon!

- Joe